Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Unstoppable-The movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:10 pm 

Unstoppable is a movie put out by Kirt Cameron, a well known Christian actor. It addresses the question of Where is God when bad things happen?

I seriously doubt that this is from an HR perspective, however, the question impacts us all. It impacted Job, it impacted Jacob, and it's impacted me personally.

I guess it's a one time show and you have to get tickets for it, but it's expected to show nation wide in Sept.

Here's a link to the trailer:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 am 

The link doesn't work, but here's one that does work:

I haven't seen Kirk Cameron since Fireproof. He looks a little different...

In the trailer he said he went on a journey to examine his faith, to be honest and face his doubts. I wonder if he examined why the church says you don't have to keep the law, but Jesus said those who teach such things will be considered least in the Kingdom. Now THAT would be examining his faith. The whole, "Why does God let bad things happen to good people," is tired. But, I guess it depends who the audience is. If he's reaching the unbeliever, or the lukewarm "Christian" (contradiction of terms?), then fine, I guess...

I think a FRESH examination of the faith is asking why one EARTH are people in the church keeping pagan traditions? Why on EARTH would God have one set of expectations and commandments for the Israelites, and another for the church? And for GOODNESS SAKES what the heck does "Jesus is my rest" have ANYTHING to do with the sabbath?

*Sigh* Well... more questions about Christianity and less Left Behind stuff is a good thing, I guess.

lol. Sorry for the rant, Judith. I agree with your point anyway... lol.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:23 pm 

Quote:
*Sigh* Well... more questions about Christianity and less Left Behind stuff is a good thing, I guess.

THAT had me giggling!..less left behind stuff...

I agree with your post too Toshav.

The reason I posted the video is because such a journey is what led ME to examine the Hebrew roots of my own faith after being shaken to the foundation, and as a result, found a measure of faith and healing, and I've not seen the entire documentry and so I don't know where it goes or what questions he asks. The topic piqued my interest.

I've learned of afew well known Christians lately who've gone through such a process such as Suzy Lusinger McIntire (Reba's sister), and Frank Peretti (author), and even my old Pastor. Some are coming out the other end with a stronger faith and trust in God, while others come apart at the seams for a while, and then get it together. Some, not at all.

I'm thinking we just might see a whole lot more of this, and I think we need to be in prayer about it.