Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira...
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm 

Decided to put this under a new thread in order not to derail....

lemon_fresh wrote:
You guys NEED to listen to this. Pro-tip: get a pen and pad and get ready to take lots and lots of notes

Israeli born, Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira, a Sephardic Messianic Jew proves the divinity of the Messiah in the Torah, employing the writings of the Sages from the first century to now.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Not to derail the thread and topic here, LF, but is this the same Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira that was involved with this?:

Quote:
"In 2009 he published a book (The King's Torah) in which he writes that it is permissible for Jews to kill non-Jews (including children) who threaten the lives of Jews.[3][4] The book states "There is a reason to kill babies [on the enemy side] even if they have not transgressed the seven Noahide Laws because of the future danger they may present, since it is assumed that they will grow up to be evil like their parents."[5] They can be killed indirectly to put pressure on enemy leaders, or if they are "in the way".[6] They can also be harmed if they "prevent a rescue, because their presence contributes to murder". He also writes that children of the king can be harmed to pressure him if he is wicked and harming them will prevent him from acting wickedly. He adds that "it is better to kill one pursuing another to murder him, than to kill others."[1] The book was distributed by Yeshivat HaRaayon HaYehudi in Jerusalem, which adheres to the ideas of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane.[7]"

".....In October 2010, he urged Israel Defense Forces soldiers to use Palestinian civilians as human shields, claiming that it was against "true Jewish values" for a soldier to endanger his life for the sake of enemy soldiers or civilians.[15]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitzhak_Shapira

Just curious. For someone who believes Yahshua is Mashiyach (does he? or just that Messiah is Divine?)....

Matthew 5

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Maybe I'm off on this one?

:dunno:

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 am 

No clue.

I will do some investigation.

Thanks for the lead.