Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tares Among the Wheat
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 pm 

This video is 2.5 hours long, and perhaps a bit dry, but chock full of information

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 pm 

I agree, the narrator is boring, but the program itself was very informative and well done.

I think I've heard this video before but it's a good one to listen to more than once because it's so full of information that sometimes you grasp something a second time around that you missed the first time around. Or, as in my case, I've learned other things since hearing this initially that the second time around brought out things that I'd missed the first time, or thought insignificant.

One of the things that jumped out this time around was the pattern of change within the documents, and their end results. It's the same pattern that can be seen in the preservation of ancient false gods through the centuries in order to keep them alive under different names. The end result is that those gods are still worshiped.

You can almost juxtapose the history, methods and results with the false god worship and see the same pattern being used to nullify scripture so that YHVH and his Messiah are not worshiped. This idea suggests to me that the same spiritual entity is involved in both, therefore they have the same ultimate author.

The ending however really bothered me because it certainly implies that none of the bibles can be trusted. I mean, look who owns all of the biblical publishing companies, their associations reflect their values.

And of course, i was really glad that I have a copy of Roth's works. I wish he'd hurry up and get that OT done!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 pm 

What jumped at me is the knowledge that these "great reformers" were actually Catholic monks and priests.

Second was that they were only trying to rid the church of abuses and uphold traditional Catholic beliefs.

Protestants are merely Catholics who are protesting, indeed. It just never clicked with me.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 pm 

Quote:
Protestants are merely Catholics who are protesting, indeed. It just never clicked with me.

That is correct. It's hard to see until YHVH shows you.