Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Book of Jubilees
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 pm 

I've spent the evening reading "The Return of Yahusha" by Lew White. Some of his stuff sure is different! But the purpose of this particular post isn't to debat Lew's stuff, but to put up a link to the book of Jubilees.

Lew says that Peter quoted this book when he said that a day was as a thousand years, so I decided to hunt it down and read it, thus, the reason for the link.

Most of us have been taught that any books outside of the current protestant bible are verboden and invalid. I tend to disagree if Y'shuah quoted from them and if the apostles quoted from them. Why would such a pursuit of truth by Messiah himself be called false books by supposed church elders, if that elder was in fact truthful? Either Messiah knew his stuff or he didn't so anybody who comes along and says that the sources Y'shuah drew upon are false, then Messiah himself would also have to be false because we wouldn't be able to rely on what he said. Which of course makes many of these so called early church fathers ....liars and anti christs.

Here's the link:
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha ... ees1_9.htm

Post subject: Re: Book of Jubilees
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:09 am 

Thanks for the link, Judith. That was the first time I read the Book of Jubilees. It was an interesting Sabbath read -- plenty of 'drash to be had in there. :s_thumbsup

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:55 pm 

There sure is Toshav! Lots of drash! I'm still reading it..been taking my time and finding it fascinating. I don't know about you, but if this book is truth, then it filled a LOT of gaps contained within the book of Genesis and parts of Exodus. For example, If Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, who did their sons marry? If Cain went to the city of Nod, where did THOSE people come from so that a city is formed?

A question that I had was..if people lived nearly a thousand years, what in the world did they look like at 40? or 500? And why is it that today a man of 80 can barely walk if he's lucky, much less father children, yet a man of 600 was still going strong? So the answer is given in that the aging process was actually slower than it is now, or even shortly after Abraham due to the sin that gets caused in the earth itself as a result of the sin of man with one of the worst sins being the shedding of innocent blood. Take that forward to today, and it's not surprising to see that the life expectancy today is actually REDUCING even more. Saw an article about that recently where science is rather puzzled about that, and that the US has a lower life expectancy than quite a few other places. Our sin is very great, as a nation :(

It talked about the earth itself being corrupted by the spillage of innocent blood, and that the only way to redeem that spilled blood is for the murderer to die in like manner. Lend's new meaning to ''live by the sword, die by the sword'' and similar phrases. It also gives a bit more depth about why Y'shuah's blood was necessary for the penalty of sin, and of the idea of the sacrificial system itself.

There's a LOT of stuff in there that was a ''wow'' moment for me anyway. I've heard tidbits from this book over the years, but didn't know it was from this book. It talked about the watchers, what their job was intended to be, and the perversion that occurred. I've heard others speak of that, but had no idea where the details came from.

It really paralleled so many things that are just touched upon in other writings, bringing out details. I can't help but wonder who eliminated this book from the collection of writings we call the bible, and when? I don't recall it existing even in bibles that are supposedly "Jewish''. For example, I once had a Bible that was supposed to be in the correct chronological order and was sectioned out for the daily reading over the course of the year. I don't recall this book of Jubilees being in there, although it may have been and I just don't remember.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:44 pm 

Thanks for the great link Judith. :s_thumbsup

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm 

Have y'all watched this short clip?

http://119ministries.com/testing-the-book-of-jubilees

BTW---I think 119 has Is. 58 as the 7th day sabbath is incorrect)

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 pm 

Thanks for the heads up on that, Temu.
I appreciate that.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:56 pm 

That was a good clip, too.

It's been a long time since I posted this thread, and I don't even recall now what it was that caught my eye lol!