Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 pm 

Folks, I think it takes little brain power to be a prepper and also keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread. My wife makes some mean flat breads these days from these solid recipes she has found on various websites for the Hag HaMatzot. Years ago, I remember our first few tries were suffering through boxes of matza crackers (more of a fast than a feast), but nowadays, we eat hearty and happy, and no leaven to boot! Pesach was awesome in its full dimensions and symbolism, but Unleavened Bread is a fine extension of this solemn time in history.

I am fast approaching the expensive purchase of a dandy wheat berry grinder and years of raw wheat and other grains. I could do Unleavened Bread year round at this rate. For lunch, I had this badass flat bread roll with free range beef cuts and Provolone cheese and spicy mustard. Yeah buddy! Wife made it on our iron skillet. It was tasty...

Praise Yahshua for dying for me in my stead, that I may eat of the bread of his body, and drink of the wine of his blood. Halleluyah! Glory to your name, Yahshua! O, Ruach Ha Kodesh! O, come, Yahshua!

These are good times. Good times. Terry, I wish you were here. My wife is a master cook, and we are all growing in the Spirit of YHWH...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am 

I think whole wheat makes the tastiest flat breads of all as opposed to white flour. I do mine in a skillet, too, and I make them just a little bit soft so they roll up like a tortilla. My recipe is easy, too. Just whole wheat, a bit of salt, a little olive oil, a little honey and warm water. One could use dry milk as an ingredient too and just use water which gives it a high protein value and really, nearly a complete food. You can survive a very long time in good health by just adding milk to the dough instead of just strait water. I'm sure the sheep and goats provided the necessary fluids (milk) to add to the flour for bread, as they traveled. Water itself was scarce.

Yesterday I made some scrambled eggs, Latkies, turkey sausage, shredded cheese and salsa. Put it all into the flat bread and called it a breakfast burrito. It held me all day. And you can even eat the dishes! (the ''tortilla'')

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 am 

Judith wrote:
I think whole wheat makes the tastiest flat breads of all as opposed to white flour. I do mine in a skillet, too, and I make them just a little bit soft so they roll up like a tortilla. My recipe is easy, too. Just whole wheat, a bit of salt, a little olive oil, a little honey and warm water. One could use dry milk as an ingredient too and just use water which gives it a high protein value and really, nearly a complete food. You can survive a very long time in good health by just adding milk to the dough instead of just strait water. I'm sure the sheep and goats provided the necessary fluids (milk) to add to the flour for bread, as they traveled. Water itself was scarce.

Yesterday I made some scrambled eggs, Latkies, turkey sausage, shredded cheese and salsa. Put it all into the flat bread and called it a breakfast burrito. It held me all day. And you can even eat the dishes! (the ''tortilla'')

Mmm! That sounds like a nice fellowship in YOUR kitchen! :)

These are such good days. Halleluyah!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:04 pm 

My house has always been known as a 'warm' kitchen of good fellowship and good eats!!
Thanks Jon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am 

I am currently chewing on an amazing dark chocolate brownie made without leaven. In a SHTF scenario, wife states that "we could try it" in a dutch oven surrounded by coals. I'm thinking that we might have to try... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm 

You can't say things like 'chocolate' and 'brownies' without leven in the same sentence without a recipe!

:biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 pm 

Judith wrote:
You can't say things like 'chocolate' and 'brownies' without leven in the same sentence without a recipe!

:biggrin:

^This

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --