Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A prepping forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:09 pm 

For those who may want to learn about food preparation and long term food storage this forum has some great info.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/

Post subject: Re: A prepping forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 pm 

I too have learned a lot about prep there. I also found some good folks to fellowship with there.

Joining and reading there was the first I time realize there were so many folks out there who believed in prep, some in similar ways as myself. Some folks go a lot further in their prep than I do and that has helped open my eyes to many of the possibilities that I may have otherwise missed.

Joshua 24:14-15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm 

the saint wrote:
For those who may want to learn about food preparation and long term food storage this forum has some great info.

Been there, done that. Use to be a great forum, but a select few mods now run it like 1984. Too bad too, I used to support the place with yearly membership.

The Tree Of Liberty is a much better place; Christian ran, no membership fees, no adds, and best of all, the mods are mature and not biased of any religious persuasion.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm 

I prefer TTOL over the other one, also. I've been at TTOL for several years, and have known many of the posters there from other boards since about 1999. In fact, I knew the board owner from years back from another board and he's always striven to be a reasonable, level headed man. His board has a decent atmosphere.

He doesn't always like what people write, but he doesn't interfere with a person's right to speak honestly. it would have to be something really illegal and bad before he stomps on it. As of this date, he's earned my respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 pm 

Learning to prep is all well and good but not of it will help you if God's blessings are not there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
Learning to prep is all well and good but not of it will help you if God's blessings are not there.

Yes. This ^. Seek ye first the kingdom...

But yes, I like Tree of Liberty better than Survivalist Boards as well. Better moderation, informed posters, well laid-out site. Sometimes I wish it had a "thanks" option for posts, but in some ways it is better that it doesn't.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm 

Saint, have you checked out some of the prepping advise we kind folks have passed along on this here forum? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 pm 

temu wrote:
the saint wrote:

Been there, done that. Use to be a great forum, but a select few mods now run it like 1984. Too bad too, I used to support the place with yearly membership.

The Tree Of Liberty is a much better place; Christian ran, no membership fees, no adds, and best of all, the mods are mature and not biased of any religious persuasion.

I like the tree of liberty as well, I haven't had any issues with the mods on SB outside of the religious section, so if one just stays out of there then it shouldn't be an issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Saint, have you checked out some of the prepping advise we kind folks have passed along on this here forum? :)

NO but I would like to, please post the link. :good:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 pm 

You know, a prepping section here might be a good idea. I know there would be some overlap with the hunting/fishing, canning/preserving sections but there are prepping topics that may not quite fit in those areas.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am 

the saint wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

NO but I would like to, please post the link. :good:

Here you go: forum13.html

There is an excellent video/thread on organic compost gardening that I highly recommend; I posted the link on survivalistboards awhile ago. Our brother Priest introduced me to this method about a year ago, and I've been gardening with it ever since. Check this out:

http://backtoedenfilm.com/