Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dragon Fly Texas Style
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:36 am
Posts: 355
I'm really enjoying this macro stuff.

FUN

_________________
Joshua 24:14-15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm
Posts: 38
growing up in so louisiana i remember we had what we called Texas grasshoppers, these things were huge, could bring down a man on a motorcycle if you take one in the face


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm
Posts: 38
louisiana dragon fly

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
Nice pics :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
rdy4end wrote:
growing up in so louisiana i remember we had what we called Texas grasshoppers, these things were huge, could bring down a man on a motorcycle if you take one in the face


I remember those. Yep I would not want to be slapped in the face while on my bike by one. LOL

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
rdy4end wrote:
louisiana dragon fly

Image


WOW! That's GORGEOUS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Vectorwoman wrote:
rdy4end wrote:
growing up in so louisiana i remember we had what we called Texas grasshoppers, these things were huge, could bring down a man on a motorcycle if you take one in the face


I remember those. Yep I would not want to be slapped in the face while on my bike by one. LOL

Image


Nah, that's a Snopes myth...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
joshua79109 wrote:
I'm really enjoying this macro stuff.

FUN


Thank you, kind brother! :smile:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:36 am
Posts: 355
rdy4end, that dragonfly is neat.

It's amazing what these critters look like up close.

_________________
Joshua 24:14-15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
Texas Jon wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:
rdy4end wrote:
growing up in so louisiana i remember we had what we called Texas grasshoppers, these things were huge, could bring down a man on a motorcycle if you take one in the face


I remember those. Yep I would not want to be slapped in the face while on my bike by one. LOL

Image


Nah, that's a Snopes myth...


a snopes myth?

I have seen them that big.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
No way! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
Texas Jon wrote:
No way! :shock:

I sure have. We use to call them devil hoppers. A friend of mine once woke up from napping on the couch and woke up because something bit her. When her eyes opened, this this thing was in her face looking at her. She freaked of course.

I use to try to catch them as a kid because they are so hard to catch.

That was in Texas, but they have them in Florida too. These things are huge.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
Now this one is probably a myth. LOL

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 pm
Posts: 38
Vectorwoman wrote:
Now this one is probably a myth. LOL

Image

Image

Image

Image



we used to say a Texas grasshopper can eat you, but a Louisiana skeeter will carry you away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
I love dragon flies. Shame about their name, hey. Thanks, Tex. Beautiful shots. I enjoyed that.

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
Vectorwoman wrote:
Now this one is probably a myth. LOL

Image



I'm all about wild game and this is kosher but... :bad:

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 1396
Toshav wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:
Now this one is probably a myth. LOL

Image



I'm all about wild game and this is kosher but... :bad:


but you can coat them in chocolate. :s_rofl

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Toshav wrote:
I love dragon flies. Shame about their name, hey. Thanks, Tex. Beautiful shots. I enjoyed that.


Thank you very much! My wife has a keen eye. :smile:

I think dragons were not always bad, back in the Garden days before the event...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
Texas Jon wrote:
Toshav wrote:
I love dragon flies. Shame about their name, hey. Thanks, Tex. Beautiful shots. I enjoyed that.


Thank you very much! My wife has a keen eye. :smile:

I think dragons were not always bad, back in the Garden days before the event...



I know what you mean. Dragons were "dinosaurs." Truth morphed into mythology. But the scriptures refers to Satan as the dragon, so I always think of that when I hear dragon.

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
I love dragonflies. They remind me of little space dudes :) It's not hard to see how the fairytales came about. I have a reallly pretty dragonfly pin/broach on my coat..an antique someone gave me. It was missing some stones so a few months ago I fixed it so I could wear it. I really like dragonflies!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
I hear that about the space dudes. They look like jet-packed, helmeted space pilots...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
Yep, exactly!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy