Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: G'day everyone
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 pm 

Greetings friends, tis I, the Blunder from Down Under :smile:

Thanks for the site, changed username, I figure I'm a nowhere, dot on the map, nobody...and quick to Thank God for that everyday :D :D :D

Here to learn, grow & if I'm very lucky make a few helpful posts, any chance of being reported and banned for a while. Lotsa folk get reported and banned but I haven't, time I was...but a token banning only don't want to actually do anything worthy of a ban.

I got stalkers now, need a ban and a few reports to complete the full set :lol:

Big range of smilies here too, makes up for the lack of Thanks button :yahoo:

Post subject: Re: G'day everyone
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 pm 

dot on the map wrote:
Greetings friends, tis I, the Blunder from Down Under :smile:

Thanks for the site, changed username, I figure I'm a nowhere, dot on the map, nobody...and quick to Thank God for that everyday :D :D :D

Here to learn, grow & if I'm very lucky make a few helpful posts, any chance of being reported and banned for a while. Lotsa folk get reported and banned but I haven't, time I was...but a token banning only don't want to actually do anything worthy of a ban.

I got stalkers now, need a ban and a few reports to complete the full set :lol:

Big range of smilies here too, makes up for the lack of Thanks button :yahoo:

G'day mate! Welcome aboard! Sorry, no shrimp on the barbie, though...

:s_cool

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm 

Welcome dot-m!

I promise you will learn something here.
We all will.
That's the whole idea of iron sharpening iron.
Some are strong in some areas and others are strong in other areas.
All are here to contribute.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:37 pm 

G'day, Gondwana! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:48 pm 

HI D-map. Glad you could cross the big drink and join us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 pm 

Glad to see you here, G! I am SO glad! Hey, care invite Catholic Thinker over? :s_wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

I'm trying to figure out how you have time to post between looting bands of lawnmower stealing crocs and wildfires down your way...

:s_omg

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Big range of smilies here too, makes up for the lack of Thanks button

Welcome! feels like a party here doesn't it with all these wonderful guests still arriving?? !!

Now, do you want a 'thanks' button or a "lack of thanks" button???

Think we could use one of each??? :drinks:

I find myself missing that darn thanks button, too. I've grown quite attached to it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:16 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
G'day, Gondwana! :D

howdy TJ :biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 am 

temu wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you have time to post between looting bands of lawnmower stealing crocs and wildfires down your way...

:s_omg

all in a days work, you forgot snakes, heat, spiders and snakes :biggrin:

Actually today was unseasonally hot but it'll cool down tonight alright.

I habe no reason to put this bomb :bomb: smiley here, just wanted to see if it'd explode :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am 

Heh. Heh. I always feel like...somebody's watching me... :dirol:

(still stalkin' ya from over here) :s_biggrin

Oh yeah, I'm Jazzyfizzle. So you know who your stalker is. :s_yes

Welcome!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 pm 

Nice to meet ya :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 pm 

Godwana - Big hugs to you too! I keep reading these intros and feeling happier and happier, Good to see you again!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:11 pm 

Oh you are Godwana LOL

I need to quit going through the posts so fast and missing some. Makes me look stupid.

Nice to see you here. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:26 pm 

Hey dot, glad you made it over here, too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 am 

thanks y'all...great to be here, gone AWOL a bit here and at SB. All good, though, just been away up country and having a great time with the family. Got into the local Christian bookstore today, we're lucky to have one in our small toen

I also got myself a silly project I'm hoping to get into soon...yes I forgot to mention I'm an old car tragic :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 pm 

dot on the map wrote:
thanks y'all...great to be here, gone AWOL a bit here and at SB. All good, though, just been away up country and having a great time with the family. Got into the local Christian bookstore today, we're lucky to have one in our small toen

I also got myself a silly project I'm hoping to get into soon...yes I forgot to mention I'm an old car tragic :-)

You should go back on SB and give jfountain the what for. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 pm 

Good to see you here, dot on the map. Glad you made it over!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 pm 

Hi again y'all and no haven't been avoiding you/this site...anyway new learnings, awakenings big reveals for me. Now a tad worried about my church...well more than a tad. Asked the pastor about Chuck Missler's teachings in an email a long while back, back when much of it was new. Old church was knock out 3 dreary old hymns, recite a Bible passage...usually without any deeper explanation or insight, kinda just recited parrot version then a quick prayer and news...last hymn n out the door. This church much better but been increasingly reflecting on the pastors comments "Yeah he's alright, nothing real wrong with his stuff, he's just a bit too Israel though"

In hindsight that oughta let off bells, whistles and all kinds of alarms ringing...As I'm thinking perhaps many of the covenants between God & Israel are not done (next bit for me to research I'm thinking), He's not finished with Israel, they are still His chosen people and if we're not pro Israel we're not really Pro-Him.

Anyway pretty grateful for bumping into you guys...been a epic reveal for me and mighty grateful to you guys and Him :-) :rose:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 pm 

Perhaps you should show him Romans 11 and Ephesians 2.

Then ask him to please give the exact Scripture where a covenant is made with anyone other than Israel, and Use the book of Hebrews for your example. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:30 am 

Here's the current statement of faith...

The one, true and living God who eternally exists in three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are of the same substance and equal in power and glory. (Genesis 1:26; Exodus 3:2.6; Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 2; John 1:1-18; 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9)
2. The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and the final judgement. (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 135:5-7; Daniel 4:34,35; Ephesians 1:11)
3. The Bible as God's Word written, and therefore entirely true and trustworthy, powerful to accomplish all God's purpose. It is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. (Psalm 19:711; Isaiah 55:11; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
4. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human beings since the Fall, rendering everyone subject to God's wrath and condemnation. (Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 1:18f; Romans 3:19-20)
5. The existence, personality and evil nature of Satan. (Matthew 4:1.11; 1 Peter 5:8; 2 Corinthians 11:14)
6. The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God; his virgin birth and his real and sinless humanity; his death on the cross; his bodily resurrection; his present reign in heaven and earth and his future personal return, when he will judge the world, executing God's just condemnation on the unrepentant and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory. (John 1:1; Matthew 1:21-23; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 4:14-16; John 19:17-19,28-37; Luke 24:147; Colossians 3:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; Matthew 25:31-46)
7. Redemption from the guilt, penalty, and power of sin only through the once and for all time sacrificial death of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ the only mediator between God and humanity. (John 14:6; Ephesians 1:7,8; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 7:26-28; 9:11-15)
8. Justification as God's act of undeserved mercy, in which sinners are pardoned all their sins, and accepted as righteous in God's sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to them, this justification being received by faith alone. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 2:16-20)
9. The need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, bringing them to new life and granting them repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. (John 3:1-11; Acts 1:1-8; Eph 2:8-9)
10. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all those regenerated, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for their witness in the world. (Acts 1:6-8; 2:37-42; Romans 8:29; Galatians 4:4-7)
11. The one holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 2:11-19)
12. The local assembly or congregation which Christ commands all believers to join for mutual edification and the performance of the public service that he requires of them in the world. (Matthew 18:15-20; Acts 14:21-23; 1 Timothy 3:14-16)
13. Believers Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism by full immersion in water signifies the washing away of sin and union with Christ. The Lord's Supper is a commemorative remembrance of Christ and his atoning death on the cross. (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
14. The commission given by Christ to the Church to go into the entire world to preach the gospel to all nations. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 pm 

Sorry...current statement of faith of the church I go to. I'm trying to not be harsh but some of the messages they give are a little...I dunno, expect a little more meat on the bone, sometimes it seems on song, but diluted. Maybe its just me, but I really dig insights.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:09 pm 

What other church options do you have available? Perhaps it's to go on a walkabout?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 am 

wow I been gone a while...oopsy. back now :-)