Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:53 am 

Parables were used frequently by Yeshua during his ministry and many of these parables are recorded in the Gospels. The words of Yeshua (Matt. 13:10-15; Mark 4:11-12) show that he used parables to HIDE the truth from "those who were outside," the majority who were not supposed to understand the mysteries of the kingdom of God at that time. The parables concealed the plan of God from the masses who were not then being called by YHVH the Father (John 6:44, 65), while providing the truth figuratively to those God was calling.

Yeshua stated that his parables expressed great spiritual mysteries regarding the kingdom of God. Recognizing this fact, let's look at one of the briefest, and yet most important, of these parables. It is the parable of the yeast and the three measures of flour recorded in the Gospels of Luke and Matthew:

Quote:
LUKE 13:20 And again he said, "To what should I compare the kingdom of God?
21 It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour until all of it was leavened." (NRSV)

MATTHEW 13:33 He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in with three measures of flour until all of it was leavened."
34 Jesus told the crowds all these things in parables; without a parable he told them nothing.
35 This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet: "I will open my mouth to speak in parables; I will proclaim what has been hidden from the foundation of the world." (NRSV)

The woman in this parable is a device used to present the two figurative elements: (1) the yeast/leaven, and (2) the three measures of flour. Yeshua helps us by defining the meaning of one of these two items for us:

YEAST = KINGDOM OF GOD

Yeshua revealed that the yeast/leaven in this parable represented the kingdom of God. However, we are not told directly what the flour (shown to be in three measures) symbolizes.

THREE MEASURES OF FLOUR = ???

In Matthew's version, he tells us that the parables Yeshua spoke to the people (including this one) revealed secret information about the kingdom of God that YHVH had hidden from the very beginning of the world.

In literal terms, yeast starts small and works its way throughout a batch of flour, eventually leavening the whole lump (cf. 1 Cor. 5:6). If the yeast is the kingdom of God, then the flour must represent that which will ultimately be affected by this kingdom – all of MANKIND.

The reason THREE measures of flour are specified in the parable is because the kingdom of God will progressively work its way through THREE groups of people during THREE consecutive ages to achieve God's goal of saving the world through Yeshua (John 12:47), as shown in the graphic below:

The Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks, and the Feast of Tabernacles – the three commanded pilgrimage festivals of YHVH (Exo. 23:14-17; 34:18-23; Deu. 16:16-17) – occurred at a time of harvest in the Holy Land. God uses these harvest festivals to illustrate the WHO and WHEN of His plan. Each of the crops harvested at the time of these feasts represent the various groups of humanity God will save, and more importantly, when their salvation will occur. This outline of His plan shows how the kingdom of God will progressively increase until YHVH accomplishes His will (1 Tim. 2:4).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 am 

Nabi, have you seen this:

http://www.inthatday.net/892376/ThreeFoldPrinciple.pdf

Your take?

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am 

Toshav wrote:

Ouch! 64 pages. I'll have to look it over and get back to you later...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am 

Toshav wrote:

However, right off the bat I can see that we disagree about the 3rd age. I do not see that age as representing "eternity," but rather as the final age of God's plan for the salvation of mankind. I understand Shemini Atzeret (the 8th-day which follows the 7-day Feast of Tabernacles) to represent eternity...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm 

Toshav wrote:

Toshav,

I'm finding quite a bit to disagree with so far in the "Threefold Principle" article you linked. For the sake of space, I'll just address the first thing that struck me as being very wrong:

Quote:
"…the first 6000 year Kingdom Age (Present Kingdom30) is strictly for qualifying to “crossover” into the M[illennial] K[ingdom] as believers in YHWH.…

The most profound parable teaching of this “qualifying ” kingdom dynamic is found in the Parable of the Laborers of Mt. 20. I’ll summarize to save space.

The 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 11th hours are mentioned as “clocking in” times for the laborers yet ALL (30, 60, and 100) received the same pay or reward. Why? Because the idea of the parable is to qualify, just arrive at the Kingdom and then the training in righteousness and spiritual perfection can begin. Yeshuah makes no promise as to compensation or reward in this parable. Just qualify."

This conclusion is clearly shown to be profoundly incorrect by the Bible. This current age (the 1st 6,000 years of creation) is the time that the spiritual firstborn are being called and qualified to serve as priests and kings in the Millennial government of Messiah:

Quote:
REVELATION 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To him who loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 and has made us KINGS AND PRIESTS to his God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. (NKJV)

REVELATION 2:26 "And he who overcomes, and keeps my works until the end, to him I will give POWER OVER THE NATIONS
27 'He shall rule them with a rod of iron; they shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels' – as I also have received from my Father;" (NKJV)

REVELATION 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,
10 and you have made them a KINGDOM and PRIESTS to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." (ESV)

At the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom, the spiritual firstborn (whether dead or alive) will be CHANGED from flesh to spirit in order to be able to serve as the aforementioned priests/kings under Messiah:

Quote:
1 CORINTHIANS 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised INCORRUPTIBLE, and we shall be CHANGED.
53 For this corruptible must put on INCORRUPTION, and this mortal must put on IMMORTALITY. (NKJV)

1 THESSALONIANS 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. (NKJV)

PHILIPPIANS 3:20 … the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will TRANSFORM our lowly bodies so that THEY WILL BE LIKE HIS GLORIOUS BODY. (NIV)

COLOSSIANS 3:4 When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him IN GLORY. (NRSV)

When thus changed from flesh to glorious spirit, the saints will be like Messiah Yeshua throughout the 1,000 years of the Millennial kingdom. Their human natures will be eliminated and they will have the godly nature of Messiah instead:

Quote:
1 JOHN 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM, for we shall see him as he is. (NIV)

2 PETER 1:4 By these He has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may SHARE IN THE DIVINE NATURE, escaping the corruption that is in the world because of evil desires. (CSB)

Since the author's premise is wrong, all of his conclusions based on that flawed premise are also wrong.