Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 pm 

temu wrote:
Simone wrote:
What conversation there is, is boring now.

I noticed that too...it's like a morgue over there. No challenges...just...blah.

Hey now, I'm still over there kicking it, dang it! :dirol:

By the way, I must say, Standox is doing a pretty good job too... :)

We should try to get him over here, unless I missed him already...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

the saint wrote:
MountainRecluse wrote:
the saint wrote:
I think the Mods over at SB made a good call. nothing but good conversation since they cleaned house.

Wow. We get banned and you have to come over here now? I guess the religious section dried up real quick...

:biggrin:

By all means, don't let us take up your precious time! We don't want to tie you up with all that trolling and reporting you need to get back to!

:biggrin:

Oh boy...saint.....

:wacko:

Im still posting over there.

and for the time being Im posting here as well.

That is until you guys cant handle the conversation and ban me.

until then deal with it. :wacko:

Hey man, why all the hatred? I didn't think that was called for, so vicious! Why do you take things so seriously?

For real, though, why don't you try to fellowship with us on a common ground instead of coming over here and starting a fight? I'm here for you if you need help. :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 pm 

the saint wrote:
Gee Terry it looks like Armorbearer has decided that she cannot handle my input here and has made a move to Ban me.

Im surprised it took so long.

Do you have some doctrinal input to add here? I haven't seen it yet, but that was typical at the other place also. We are here to learn of our Messiah and His instructions...is that why you are here? To learn, to grow, to fellowship? If so, you are most welcome here, Simon.

Only you can answer that question for yourself.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:34 pm 

the saint wrote:
Quote:
Gee Terry it looks like Armorbearer has decided that she cannot handle my input here and has made a move to Ban me.

Just for the record folks I didn't try to ban him I sent him a warning about being a troll. He sent me a nasty reply to which I answered:

Quote:
I am guessing you don't understand the definition of trolling:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

No, I do not like the idea you are here. However you are welcome to be here as long as you don't do the above.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 pm 

Ah, Mary, we all know what a silly boy he is... Let's play with him a bit. Can we? Can we? Can we? :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Hey man, why all the hatred? I didn't think that was called for, so vicious! Why do you take things so seriously?

For real, though, why don't you try to fellowship with us on a common ground instead of coming over here and starting a fight? I'm here for you if you need help. :smile:

I agree, Texas Jon.

I realize there is a lot of history. I too hope for good fellowship.

I actually appreciate having good discussions with those who disagree with me, I learn that way.

I am truly interested in good fellowship here.

Joshua 24:14-15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Ah, Mary, we all know what a silly boy he is... Let's play with him a bit. Can we? Can we? Can we? :)

LOL...hey I told him he was welcome if he quit being a troll.

I tried of how he jumped on VW over at SB all the time. So when he started it here I just figured I'd put him in his place and make him realize we don't allow that over here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:55 pm 

armourbearer wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

I tried of how he jumped on VW over at SB all the time. So when he started it here I just figured I'd put him in his place and make him realize we don't allow that over here.

He posted awhile back here, calling us a cult and a few other choice things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:55 pm 

Simone wrote:
armourbearer wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

He posted awhile back here, calling us a cult and a few other choice things.

Huh...I must have missed that one. :o

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

joshua79109 wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

I agree, Texas Jon.

I actually appreciate having good discussions with those who disagree with me, I learn that way.

Bam, and there it is! How good and how pleasant it is for the brethren to dwell together in FELLOWSHIP...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 pm 

joshua79109 wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

I agree, Texas Jon.

:shok: :s_laughat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:28 am 

armourbearer wrote:
the saint wrote:
Quote:

Just for the record folks I didn't try to ban him I sent him a warning about being a troll. He sent me a nasty reply to which I answered:

Quote:
I am guessing you don't understand the definition of trolling:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

No, I do not like the idea you are here. However you are welcome to be here as long as you don't do the above.

it wasn't nasty dear. it was an honest question and it was respectful. seriously if you believe it to be a nasty remark then you have my permission to repost it.

bearing false witness is something I take seriously do you?

now I commented on the topic of this thread. which was MR getting banned and his whining about it.

Terry if you don't want to discuss this topic then why did you let him start this thread?

In the other threads I have posted to I have stayed strictly within the context of the thread.

This is the truth and can be spun no other way.

AB you sent me a warning because you don't like what you think I might say and not because of what I have said.

a knee jerk reaction epic fail on your part as a mod.
(do my views scare you that bad?)

I am here to find out FOR myself if you guys were railroaded or if it was a righteous ban. I wasn't in the threads that got you banned so I dont know what was said, and I certainly didnt take the automatic position of believing what the Mods told me about your permanent ban. I dont agree with everything they do.

I do know this, that the petty bickering at SB needed to stop. not my fault that you folks got the BAN HAMMER but it is looking more and more like you are in danger of becoming that which you have been slandering, the Mods on SB.

Now if you cannot handle an opposing view on your beliefs then no need to ban me just say so and I will leave and never darken this door again.

I await your decision.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 am 

Texas Jon wrote:

as long as you dont insult my children again you can play with me all you like little man.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 am 

the saint wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

as long as you dont insult my children again you can play with me all you like little man.

Man, don't start that again. You know I was not talking to you at the time. Let us talk about that discussion openly then here. I believe that if people eat pork on a continuous basis, it can make some children sick with viruses, prions, unknown proteins that can destroy the pancreas of a child, causing Type 1 Diabetes. Prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:53 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
the saint wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

Man, don't start that again. You know I was not talking to you at the time. Let us talk about that discussion openly then here. I believe that if people eat pork on a continuous basis, it can make some children sick with viruses, prions, unknown proteins that can destroy the pancreas of a child, causing Type 1 Diabetes. Prove me wrong.

Ok I'll except your explanation for the kids.

Its your claim, show the science or its just opinion.

I know a lot about Type I and there is NOTHING to back up your claim. zip nadda...

diet has nothing to do with the VIRUS that causes the pancreas to fail. over 100 years of hard study and thousands of TYPE I and there has not been 1 link to pork and Type I.

Now lets entertain the thought that you are right and TYPE I IS caused by eating pork, why doesn't all of the people who eat pork develop Type I?

and entertaining this thought why is this spiritually significant?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 am 

the saint wrote:

I know a lot about Type I and there is NOTHING to back up your claim. zip nadda...

diet has nothing to do with the VIRUS that causes the pancreas to fail. over 100 years of hard study and thousands of TYPE I and there has not been 1 link to pork and Type I.

Now lets entertain the thought that you are right and TYPE I IS caused by eating pork, why doesn't all of the people who eat pork develop Type I?

Yep, we've done this song and dance routine. You know it was my opinion based upon the instructions from sacred scriptures. It was once taught in academia that a virus from ingesting pig caused Type 1 diabetes, which is what my instructor taught me in Microbiology many moons ago. All your "sound" research sure has a fishy Big Pharma smell to it.

I do understand that you are an expert of Type 1 Diabetes. That does not change the fact that Torah sets pork apart as uncleaned to eat, and breaking said commandment is an abomination to YHWH, and living in a lifestyle of rebellion against his instructions causes sickness and death. Our Creator hates disobedience but loves those who trust and OBEY his commandments...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 am 

I just wanted to publicly apologize to everyone else here for allowing myself to get dragged back into the usual muck and mire we used to get tied up into over at SB's. Then allowing for certain people to keep stirring up that nastiness which I contributed.

An ignore function would be great here as well. My objective here is to turn a new forum leaf and focus on actual knowledge in relation to Scripture and God's Commandments and not to get tied up in the trolling and uncharitable personal attacks. I started the spiral with my OP venting off some fumes about my permaban which was not necessary. My fault. I invited the trolls with my words.

Although it would be nice having a nice conversation with like-minded folks without having the usual witch-hunting crowd follow us here and sidetrack every single discussion into an anti-law/anti-christ soapbox. I will repeat there can be no true fellowship with folks who believe you are eternally damned for being Scripturally obedient and who believe you are not in possession of the Holy Spirit. Until that burned bridge can be rebuilt, there is no meaningful or fruitful discussion that can take place. That's the bottom line.

Again, apologies for my behavior. It's not good. It's not healthy. Lord forgive me. And my apologies to the new folks here who have no idea where this is all coming from. Not a good example.

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 am 

the saint wrote:

Quote:
it wasn't nasty dear. it was an honest question and it was respectful. seriously if you believe it to be a nasty remark then you have my permission to repost it.

saints reply to me:

Quote:
Quote:
oh there has been no trolling.

show me the example.

I have followed the board rules to the letter.

I would imagine you don't like the very fact that I am here in the first place and since you cannot stand it that I am here are simply inventing reasons to ban me.

How high and mighty you must feel .

So ban me now and get it over with. :s_bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm 

MountainRecluse wrote:
I just wanted to publicly apologize to everyone else here for allowing myself to get dragged back into the usual muck and mire we used to get tied up into over at SB's. Then allowing for certain people to keep stirring up that nastiness which I contributed.

An ignore function would be great here as well. My objective here is to turn a new forum leaf and focus on actual knowledge in relation to Scripture and God's Commandments and not to get tied up in the trolling and uncharitable personal attacks. I started the spiral with my OP venting off some fumes about my permaban which was not necessary. My fault. I invited the trolls with my words.

Although it would be nice having a nice conversation with like-minded folks without having the usual witch-hunting crowd follow us here and sidetrack every single discussion into an anti-law/anti-christ soapbox. I will repeat there can be no true fellowship with folks who believe you are eternally damned for being Scripturally obedient and who believe you are not in possession of the Holy Spirit. Until that burned bridge can be rebuilt, there is no meaningful or fruitful discussion that can take place. That's the bottom line.

Again, apologies for my behavior. It's not good. It's not healthy. Lord forgive me. And my apologies to the new folks here who have no idea where this is all coming from. Not a good example.

Hey MountainRecluse,

I tried to clean up what you asked to be cleaned up in your thread. If I messed up or didn't understand please let me know.

I understand where you are coming from here and I appreciate how you're going about this. Sometimes things get heated and I think most folks understand that.

Bless you friend

Joshua

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
the saint wrote:

Yep, we've done this song and dance routine. You know it was my opinion based upon the instructions from sacred scriptures. It was once taught in academia that a virus from ingesting pig caused Type 1 diabetes, which is what my instructor taught me in Microbiology many moons ago. All your "sound" research sure has a fishy Big Pharma smell to it.

and now we know that this simply isnt the facts. Pork has no more danger to eating it as does any other meat.

Thanks for clearing that up. as for "big Pharma I dont know what your getting at.

I do understand that you are an expert of Type 1 Diabetes. That does not change the fact that Torah sets pork apart as uncleaned to eat, and breaking said commandment is an abomination to YHWH, and living in a lifestyle of rebellion against his instructions causes sickness and death. Our Creator hates disobedience but loves those who trust and OBEY his commandments...

I agree that dietary restrictions for Jews restrict the eating or touching of pork, among numerous other things, I dont see the connection to how that applies to me. I am not Jewish and once again I totally believe if God has called you to NOT do something then by all means you should NOT do it.

Maybe this is a good topic for another thread. :good:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 am 

MountainRecluse wrote:

I for one accept your apology and hope we can get along here with good discussions about Scripture. :good:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:43 am 

joshua79109 wrote:
MountainRecluse wrote:

Hey MountainRecluse,

I tried to clean up what you asked to be cleaned up in your thread. If I messed up or didn't understand please let me know.

I understand where you are coming from here and I appreciate how you're going about this. Sometimes things get heated and I think most folks understand that.

Bless you friend

Joshua

Thanks, brother. I don't have the saintly patience and kind words you have. Always trying to tame the temper and my inner CPL...haha....but it seems I still have a long way to go.

Will just have to work on ignoring the posts I am all too eager to address in refutation at times. Trying to check the slug-fest at the door around your place here. Thanks again!

:good:

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 am 

MountainRecluse wrote:
joshua79109 wrote:
MountainRecluse wrote:

Hey MountainRecluse,

Bless you friend

Joshua

Thanks, brother. I don't have the saintly patience and kind words you have. Always trying to tame the temper and my inner CPL...haha....but it seems I still have a long way to go.

Will just have to work on ignoring the posts I am all too eager to address in refutation at times. Trying to check the slug-fest at the door around your place here. Thanks again!

:good:

You are great MR and you are just where He wants you - seeking His face.

Also, this is not my site. It's ours my brother. It is my hope that we make it a place that would please and serve Him. We are even too weak to accomplish that, without Him. With His grace.....

I still have a long way to go too my friend. My inner battle cry is still loud and clear as well. I still hear the bullet impact, I still see the pain. Certain smells take me right back. I was very good at allowing anger to help through those tough times, or so I thought. I desire to turn all of that over to Him, just as you do.

May He guide us in His ways, especially when we are defiant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm 

I am interested in seeing this information that states pork causes type 1.

Mine was caused by gall stones blocking the pancreas. I became a type 1 as an adult. There are several type 1's in my DH's family, it has been hereditary. I have doctors from the Cleveland Clinic and the best neurologist in the state. Never once has pork been mentioned as a possibility. I have not ate pork for a good while now, so I am obedient to this rule.

Previously you stated this was a cult place Saint, now you say you are here to fellowship. odd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 pm 

Saint, I must have missed your introduction thread, but I'd like to welcome you to this place. I didn't participate a whole lot at SB, but I did some, although it's been a while, and I do remember you.

It sounds like quite a few folks are feeling a bit bruised and battered and not just "HR" folks. I have a tendency to be a pretty laid back kind of person, I try to pick and choose my 'battles' carefully, because things in writing tend to sound more harsh than they really are. I found myself reaching for my club a whole lot more often than I liked. It wasn't a healthy environment for me at all and I hated my own emotional reactions which felt pretty hostile! And that just is NOT me.

I'm not sure of what it was that impacted me in such an unseemly manner but one thing that really did bother me was the impression of dishonesty and possibly sensitive egos. I'm not sure. I don't feel it here at this board. I'm sure that if you spend enough time here you will see that each of us has some different views from each other. None of us agrees with everything the other person believes. So, even without visitors here, we frequently do debate even amongst ourselves.

But I think one of the things that stands out, for me at least, is a genuine caring for one another before Yah. We can play sword fights with each other all day long, but if someone gets nicked, it's absolutely NOT intentional. And we know that about each other and therefore any seemingly aggressive language/joshing is purely in good fun and never to injure one another intentionally. That doesn't mean though that someone's feelers don't get hurt from time to time. Even with the best of intentions schtuff happens!

Please forgive me for being so lengthy. I have something I feel I need to say.

Most of us here feel compelled, driven even, to sound the alarm so to speak, because time is short. Very short, to the point of being on the edge of emergency. Most of these folks have stuck their necks out like a thanksgiving turkey to have their heads lopped off because they give a damn.

Most of us have come out of christianity in one denom or another, sometimes several because we were called out by Yah. And although most of us see Y'shuah as Messiah, or Son of Yah, or Yah in the flesh, we've had to..well, WE didn't make a distinction but the distinction was made somewhere along the line to not CALL ourselves Christians but instead by several other terms like "Hebrew Roots'' or Messianic Jews (because some ARE Jews who believe Y'shuah is Messiah) or grafted in Hebrews and I'm sure other terms exist but those are what comes to mind more often.

That's not a 'pride' thing, or a 'holier than thou' thing. It's not designed to separate us from our brothers and sisters but most of us DO desire to accept the distinction because of the history that follows those who in G-d's name or in the name of "Jesus'', did horrific things to others that neither Yah nor his son would sanction.

And yet, we DO believe, as YOU do, in the atonement Yah gave through his Messiah. There's just no single name for such a group in our world for the time being. That atonement was designed by Yah, long before any of us was born, and that's Grace, from the foundation of creation!

So then why preach to Christians? Because if you read the book from the beginning, there is a pattern and the pattern should be seamless. But someone dropped a stitch and added a few others and in so doing, caused a change in Yah's pattern. Not just A change, but several.

Does the change make a difference? Yes. Because some of those changes include a change to the very word of Yah which is absolutely forbidden. Meanings get watered down and distorted. Heck such a thing continues to happen with modern bible translations. But back then..after Y'shuah died, even the apostles warned against the changes they were seeing!

The introduction of ancient pagan worship practices was introduced. These practices were the very things that caused Yah to destroy entire societies, some of which included his own people. They were the worship of false gods which were introduced to christianity and continue to be practiced to this day.

And then, you look at the Brit Hadasha and see Y'shuah saying "I never knew you!" to people who say..but we did this in your name, and that in your name...

WHO are these people??? People who do things in the name of "Christ" are called............Christians. These people healed, and drove out demons in the name of "Jesus" and he says he doesn't KNOW them???? Why??? And so if all sin is blotted out by "Jesus'' death you would think they would be forgiven wouldn't you??? Isn't the ''great comission'' to preach the 'gospel', to heal, drive out demons etc as "Jesus'' did???

OOps and oh my, but something is very wrong with the gospel if "Jesus'' is saying...I don't know you. 33 thousand denominations when there should only be ONE.

That's why a person has to look at the pattern set by Yah himself. If you study that pattern real well it's NOT hard to see what went wrong, when and where.

When Christians read the first 5 books of the bible, they see something very different from what they see in their religion. The question boils down to this: Is Torah for US too, or only the ''Jews''. As Christians, we see vast differences between the religion of the Jews and 'ours'. This is a really good example of what I'm saying when I said above there is a difference in the 'pattern'. Torah reflects the character of Yah, himself. And, Torah shows us exactly what the Kingdom of Yah will be like.

As Christians, we learn a lot about the refiner's fire and how for example gold is melted down and the impurities removed, and then it's cooled and polished to such a degree that Yah should be able to clearly see his reflection in it. We are the gold, the impurities are sin, and we are supposed to reflect HIM.

How can we reflect HIM if what we are reflecting is something different?

And so this is where the error is made with regard to us 'thinking' we're better than anybody else. No man has a corner on the truth. It's YAH's corner, not ours. HE allows us a space on that corner if we're willing to accept HIS truth, and not the twisted fables of man.

We're busy saying..hey! That road you're on doesn't lead to the corner! I mean like..we're jumping up and down and waving, and hollering trying to say that we've been on that road ourselves and it doesn't lead to here, it leads AWAY from here. You have to stop and cross the street to get to this corner but in order to do that you have to somehow realize that we aren't lying to you!!!!!

And what do WE get out of it? What we've BEEN getting is the one fingered bird and a whole bunch of name calling, bannings, twisted words, cat calls, ridicule, ...you name it and we've heard it.

And we scratch our heads as we shake our heads wondering..what in the world???

We get treated the same way Christians get treated by unbelievers when they try to evangelize. Except Christians will say that they have the "Holy Spirit'' and the implications of THAT is very scary. The spirit of truth doesn't lead you in ways away from Yah. He doesn't lead into idolatry, or contradict the word of Yah. And so to say that something that Yah himself has proclaimed as SIN, is now OK...that's a contradiction of the word. It doesn't matter what it is..pork, ignoring Sabbath, committing adultery, theft..it was sin when Yah said it was sin, and it still is. Except now it's even HARDER under the Brit Hadasha. For example, adultery used to be something you did physically. Now, it includes even what you THINK!

The only way we know it was sin was because Yah said it was so. And nobody questions that it's STILL so...and murder, the same, theft is the same..but by golly when we get to the Sabbath...holy rest-day batman, we can't have THAT!

So, Christians see us as 'self' righteous, and we see Christians as hypocrites...What's the cure?

What Yah wrote, we proclaim. We do our utmost to live it, eat it, breath it, sleep it, wake with it, practice it because we LOVE HIM. His salvation was dreamed of long before any of us was ever born. You can't earn what Yah already gave, but you CAN love him in the way he asks to be loved. That's what lovers do. We are the bride, and He is our spouse. He showed us what pleases him and we agreed to love him in that way. That right there is it, in a nutshell.

sorry again for being so long winded. And thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm 

Simone wrote:
I am interested in seeing this information that states pork causes type 1.

Mine was caused by gall stones blocking the pancreas. I became a type 1 as an adult. There are several type 1's in my DH's family, it has been hereditary. I have doctors from the Cleveland Clinic and the best neurologist in the state. Never once has pork been mentioned as a possibility. I have not ate pork for a good while now, so I am obedient to this rule.

Previously you stated this was a cult place Saint, now you say you are here to fellowship. odd.

the last comment was neither necessary or in my opinion true.

How does this help your witness?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm 

Judith wrote:
Saint, I must have missed your introduction thread, but I'd like to welcome you to this place. I didn't participate a whole lot at SB, but I did some, although it's been a while, and I do remember you.

It sounds like quite a few folks are feeling a bit bruised and battered and not just "HR" folks. I have a tendency to be a pretty laid back kind of person, I try to pick and choose my 'battles' carefully, because things in writing tend to sound more harsh than they really are. I found myself reaching for my club a whole lot more often than I liked. It wasn't a healthy environment for me at all and I hated my own emotional reactions which felt pretty hostile! And that just is NOT me.

I'm not sure of what it was that impacted me in such an unseemly manner but one thing that really did bother me was the impression of dishonesty and possibly sensitive egos. I'm not sure. I don't feel it here at this board. I'm sure that if you spend enough time here you will see that each of us has some different views from each other. None of us agrees with everything the other person believes. So, even without visitors here, we frequently do debate even amongst ourselves.

But I think one of the things that stands out, for me at least, is a genuine caring for one another before Yah. We can play sword fights with each other all day long, but if someone gets nicked, it's absolutely NOT intentional. And we know that about each other and therefore any seemingly aggressive language/joshing is purely in good fun and never to injure one another intentionally. That doesn't mean though that someone's feelers don't get hurt from time to time. Even with the best of intentions schtuff happens!

Please forgive me for being so lengthy. I have something I feel I need to say.

Most of us here feel compelled, driven even, to sound the alarm so to speak, because time is short. Very short, to the point of being on the edge of emergency. Most of these folks have stuck their necks out like a thanksgiving turkey to have their heads lopped off because they give a damn.

Most of us have come out of christianity in one denom or another, sometimes several because we were called out by Yah. And although most of us see Y'shuah as Messiah, or Son of Yah, or Yah in the flesh, we've had to..well, WE didn't make a distinction but the distinction was made somewhere along the line to not CALL ourselves Christians but instead by several other terms like "Hebrew Roots'' or Messianic Jews (because some ARE Jews who believe Y'shuah is Messiah) or grafted in Hebrews and I'm sure other terms exist but those are what comes to mind more often.

That's not a 'pride' thing, or a 'holier than thou' thing. It's not designed to separate us from our brothers and sisters but most of us DO desire to accept the distinction because of the history that follows those who in G-d's name or in the name of "Jesus'', did horrific things to others that neither Yah nor his son would sanction.

And yet, we DO believe, as YOU do, in the atonement Yah gave through his Messiah. There's just no single name for such a group in our world for the time being. That atonement was designed by Yah, long before any of us was born, and that's Grace, from the foundation of creation!

So then why preach to Christians? Because if you read the book from the beginning, there is a pattern and the pattern should be seamless. But someone dropped a stitch and added a few others and in so doing, caused a change in Yah's pattern. Not just A change, but several.

Does the change make a difference? Yes. Because some of those changes include a change to the very word of Yah which is absolutely forbidden. Meanings get watered down and distorted. Heck such a thing continues to happen with modern bible translations. But back then..after Y'shuah died, even the apostles warned against the changes they were seeing!

The introduction of ancient pagan worship practices was introduced. These practices were the very things that caused Yah to destroy entire societies, some of which included his own people. They were the worship of false gods which were introduced to christianity and continue to be practiced to this day.

And then, you look at the Brit Hadasha and see Y'shuah saying "I never knew you!" to people who say..but we did this in your name, and that in your name...

WHO are these people??? People who do things in the name of "Christ" are called............Christians. These people healed, and drove out demons in the name of "Jesus" and he says he doesn't KNOW them???? Why??? And so if all sin is blotted out by "Jesus'' death you would think they would be forgiven wouldn't you??? Isn't the ''great comission'' to preach the 'gospel', to heal, drive out demons etc as "Jesus'' did???

OOps and oh my, but something is very wrong with the gospel if "Jesus'' is saying...I don't know you. 33 thousand denominations when there should only be ONE.

That's why a person has to look at the pattern set by Yah himself. If you study that pattern real well it's NOT hard to see what went wrong, when and where.

When Christians read the first 5 books of the bible, they see something very different from what they see in their religion. The question boils down to this: Is Torah for US too, or only the ''Jews''. As Christians, we see vast differences between the religion of the Jews and 'ours'. This is a really good example of what I'm saying when I said above there is a difference in the 'pattern'. Torah reflects the character of Yah, himself. And, Torah shows us exactly what the Kingdom of Yah will be like.

As Christians, we learn a lot about the refiner's fire and how for example gold is melted down and the impurities removed, and then it's cooled and polished to such a degree that Yah should be able to clearly see his reflection in it. We are the gold, the impurities are sin, and we are supposed to reflect HIM.

How can we reflect HIM if what we are reflecting is something different?

And so this is where the error is made with regard to us 'thinking' we're better than anybody else. No man has a corner on the truth. It's YAH's corner, not ours. HE allows us a space on that corner if we're willing to accept HIS truth, and not the twisted fables of man.

We're busy saying..hey! That road you're on doesn't lead to the corner! I mean like..we're jumping up and down and waving, and hollering trying to say that we've been on that road ourselves and it doesn't lead to here, it leads AWAY from here. You have to stop and cross the street to get to this corner but in order to do that you have to somehow realize that we aren't lying to you!!!!!

And what do WE get out of it? What we've BEEN getting is the one fingered bird and a whole bunch of name calling, bannings, twisted words, cat calls, ridicule, ...you name it and we've heard it.

And we scratch our heads as we shake our heads wondering..what in the world???

We get treated the same way Christians get treated by unbelievers when they try to evangelize. Except Christians will say that they have the "Holy Spirit'' and the implications of THAT is very scary. The spirit of truth doesn't lead you in ways away from Yah. He doesn't lead into idolatry, or contradict the word of Yah. And so to say that something that Yah himself has proclaimed as SIN, is now OK...that's a contradiction of the word. It doesn't matter what it is..pork, ignoring Sabbath, committing adultery, theft..it was sin when Yah said it was sin, and it still is. Except now it's even HARDER under the Brit Hadasha. For example, adultery used to be something you did physically. Now, it includes even what you THINK!

The only way we know it was sin was because Yah said it was so. And nobody questions that it's STILL so...and murder, the same, theft is the same..but by golly when we get to the Sabbath...holy rest-day batman, we can't have THAT!

So, Christians see us as 'self' righteous, and we see Christians as hypocrites...What's the cure?

What Yah wrote, we proclaim. We do our utmost to live it, eat it, breath it, sleep it, wake with it, practice it because we LOVE HIM. His salvation was dreamed of long before any of us was ever born. You can't earn what Yah already gave, but you CAN love him in the way he asks to be loved. That's what lovers do. We are the bride, and He is our spouse. He showed us what pleases him and we agreed to love him in that way. That right there is it, in a nutshell.

sorry again for being so long winded. And thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

well ok, but there is no need to thank me. You obviously believe one way and thats ok with me. in my view of it all, you have to answer to God for the things you do and don't do, as do I, its not my job to pass judgement on how you go about doing what God has showed you to do.

However to me it crosses the line when someone (anyone) without the authority to do so tells others they have it wrong, I have yet to see this as a valid or useful witnessing tool in all of my 35 years of witnessing to others.

There is also no advantage to bashing anyone's beliefs in order to "win" them to God, all this does is creates animosity and pain.

The wisdom of it escapes me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 pm 

the saint wrote:

I for one accept your apology and hope we can get along here with good discussions about Scripture. :good:

Then use scripture, Saint. We are sick and tired of your drive-by smart ass comments that aren't backed up with anything. Good discussions about scripture? I don't think I've EVER seen you quote scripture.

I'm sitting here trying to feel charitable, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but all I can think is, "Why the heck is he here?" Do you love being a troll that much that you come here too and start trolling again?

Being disagreed with doesn't bother me. But it sure does when you CLAIM to be discussing scripture but never use it to defend you position. If the discussion is about doctrine and you can't use scripture to say why you believe what you believe then butt out.

Welcome to the board.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 pm 

Toshav wrote:
the saint wrote:

Then use scripture, Saint. We are sick and tired of your drive-by smart ass comments that aren't backed up with anything. Good discussions about scripture? I don't think I've EVER seen you quote scripture.

I'm sitting here trying to feel charitable, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but all I can think is, "Why the heck is he here?" Do you love being a troll that much that you come here too and start trolling again?

Being disagreed with doesn't bother me. But it sure does when you CLAIM to be discussing scripture but never use it to defend you position. If the discussion is about doctrine and you can't use scripture to say why you believe what you believe then butt out.

Welcome to the board.

wow, someone needs a hug from Jesus.

here's a scripture for you;

Matthew 12:34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

and Im only saying this for your own good, there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.... :s_biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 pm 

Toshav wrote:

Welcome to the board.

saint is the type that places like survivalistboards needs. Lot's of posts to support web traffic and money in pockets for kev because of adds, but ever-lacking in anything of substance. Just, as you said, drive-byes and mocking comments.

Hopefully aryan/sackson jackson will return to their nest soon and keep saint company. He can find no troll help here.

:s_wink

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!