Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
I thought this was pretty interesting...gonna have to give it a go! What'ya think?



http://8aloha.com/Liposomal_Vitamin_C.html

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
I am curious about the machine. What kind of machine is it? Is it the one used for ultrasonic jewelry cleaning?

Can the Liposomal C be purchased already made?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
Judith wrote:
I am curious about the machine. What kind of machine is it? Is it the one used for ultrasonic jewelry cleaning?

Can the Liposomal C be purchased already made?


It is. However, all it does is mix. I'll try mine with a blender/juicer...I see no reason that there would be a difference except the blender/juicer would be faster.

Make your own!

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
You had me at "Vitamin C", but the vid host lost me at soy lecithin. Terry does not need more estrogen/phytoestrogen... :mrgreen:

Not that I'm an expert, but I remember in nursing school reading something about it and breast cancer. You be the judge.

But I highly recommend Vitamin C since ascorbic acid it THE most important chemical in the body. :s_thumbsup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
Texas Jon wrote:
You had me at "Vitamin C", but the vid host lost me at soy lecithin. Terry does not need more estrogen/phytoestrogen... :mrgreen:

Ha! Like you do either? Lol.

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
Cool it, you two. lol.

I didn't see the video, but if it's the same one I saw posted on TOL you can use sunflower lecithin. :rolleyes:

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
Actually, I was thinking in more complicated terms. The blender WILL mix, or homogenize the ingredients, but oil and water repell and I would expect the fats to rise to the top.

However, even though the sonic does mix, is the action different in that it actually impregnates the fats with the water drenched vit. c in a way that a blender can't? it's the chemistry between the two tools that I'm asking about.

Otherwise, you could sprinkle your 'fruit fresh' into your salad dressing, then mix. Im thinking the sonic mixer homogenizes better than a blender would.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Let the sorcery companies put a patent on it and charge you an arm and leg, and then post commercials touting, "There is no cure for scurvy." LOL.

Wife just earlier read me a link about a kid whose parents opted out of having their son get a root canal for a cavity. Instead, they tried a natural alternative that would boost his immune system and heal his tooth. The cavity disappeared, and the tooth is fine.

Those winners at the surfactantboards took the blue pill instead of red.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
I looked up the action of an ultrasonic cleaner. I wondered if the person who made the video had a reason for suggesting the machine rather than a blender and after a bit of research, there seems to be. It's on the microscopic level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
Texas Jon wrote:
You had me at "Vitamin C", but the vid host lost me at soy lecithin. Terry does not need more estrogen/phytoestrogen... :mrgreen:

Not that I'm an expert, but I remember in nursing school reading something about it and breast cancer. You be the judge.

But I highly recommend Vitamin C since ascorbic acid it THE most important chemical in the body. :s_thumbsup


Hell on the prostate, but really helps the manboobs. :rofl:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
Imo, if your gut flora is all it can be, there is no better vit C than pine needles. It's about the highest concentration found in nature. just make a tea and drink it. it's intense and tastes good.

I'm not into gadgetizing nutrition, just finding the best sources and using it. Yah put our healing plants within arms reach. A good fist full of white pine needles brought to a low boil then steeped for an hour is about as good as we need. Stop taking it when you get better or get the squirts, whichever comes first.

If you use powdered Vit C, Temu, make sure you're discerning on what type of powder you use. A lot of what's on the market is synthetic or processed and your body can barely assimilate any of it. You get what you pay for with Vit C. Research it out and find a good local source.

Still, consider the pine needle thing. Your body can assimilate massive amounts in that form too, just not as quickly, but still pretty quick. A lot of the studies about the benefits of infusions and their ability to inject massive quantities of vit C in comparison to oral consumption are done using synthetic vitamins that cannot be assimilated anyway....the studies are skewed imo. There may be an advantage to taking it using those methods, but I'd like to see a real study comparing a natural source like pine needles( done right) and their infusions etc.


Last edited by priest on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
Texas Jon wrote:
Let the sorcery companies put a patent on it and charge you an arm and leg, and then post commercials touting, "There is no cure for scurvy." LOL.

Wife just earlier read me a link about a kid whose parents opted out of having their son get a root canal for a cavity. Instead, they tried a natural alternative that would boost his immune system and heal his tooth. The cavity disappeared, and the tooth is fine.

Those winners at the surfactantboards took the blue pill instead of red.


Root canals = early death....don't EVER get one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbOvx54OOs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:58 pm
Posts: 1229
Can ye share the link of this story?

_________________
Teshuvaami.com Forums


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
priest wrote:
Imo, if your gut flora is all it can be, there is no better vit C than pine needles. It's about the highest concentration found in nature. just make a tea and drink it. it's intense and tastes good.


Not all Pine needles though. I understand that Ponderosa's (what the majority are around here are) are off limits, and can be harmful.

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
priest wrote:
Root canals = early death....don't EVER get one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbOvx54OOs




Yes. Root canals are bad news. I am so against them, I'm having a tooth that requires a root canal extracted next month. :(


It took me a little while to find a dentist who does the right protocol of extraction and cavitation, followed by IV vitamin C directly afterwards. But I did find one, though it will be a four hour drive away. The idea of extraction scares me, to tell you the truth, but perpetual systemic infection from root canals scare me even more.

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
temu wrote:
priest wrote:
Imo, if your gut flora is all it can be, there is no better vit C than pine needles. It's about the highest concentration found in nature. just make a tea and drink it. it's intense and tastes good.


Not all Pine needles though. I understand that Ponderosa's (what the majority are around here are) are off limits, and can be harmful.


Thanks for that heads up.....dunno about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2476
I used to use chunks of sap from pinon pines in my 'magical' tea for colds. And I used a handful of wild growing rosehips that I picked myself from around a pond after the first frost. I used other stuff as well, like pink clover blossoms and citrus peels, apple peels and a few other things, ...most if it high in vit. c and vit. a. I also used springs from chimisa sage because it has the same chemical as asprin which helped with fever. Then you have to find something to act as a bronchial dilator, something that actually works. A touch of valarian root and lobelia (extremely small amounts) make a person relaxed and drowsy for good sleep. Some people like pluresy root but I had something else that I used that I thought was much more effective.

The trick to preserving vit. c is to NOT boil it. You boil the water, and then either pour the water over the herbs or put them into a cheese cloth and put that into the water, but never boil the water with the herbs because too high of a heat kills vit. c

I let the tea steep for an hour, add a little raw honey for taste and a few more nutrients.

The effect was amazing. About the time when a hacking cough hits, just before a person even feels sick..the kind of cough that wakes you up through the night and you just can't get good rest, that was the time for the tea. Two cups of it and the cough stopped, good sleep happened, and the cold/flu just never did break out. I NEVER had to keep any cold medicine or even asprin on hand and we went YEARS enjoying nothing but good health. My kids were in school then, and you know how unhealthy schools are in fall, winter and spring months. They are nothing but germ processing factories. Our house didn't have the issues the other families had with sickness. I had one child who had a terrible time with her ears and ear infections. She's in her 40's now and she STILL has trouble with her ears. But in those days, she almost never had ear problems. If she even thought about it, I'd slap together some tea, AND put a peeled garlic clove in her ear. Infection was never able to break out and take over. Course I received a lot of criticism about the garlic, but dang it, you have to use the right size..and put a bandage over it so it doesn't fall out. The aromatic quality even works. She could taste it that's how well it worked.

If you find the right herbs in the right combinations, and correct strength, natural remedies CAN be very effective for some things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
priest wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
Let the sorcery companies put a patent on it and charge you an arm and leg, and then post commercials touting, "There is no cure for scurvy." LOL.

Wife just earlier read me a link about a kid whose parents opted out of having their son get a root canal for a cavity. Instead, they tried a natural alternative that would boost his immune system and heal his tooth. The cavity disappeared, and the tooth is fine.

Those winners at the surfactantboards took the blue pill instead of red.


Root canals = early death....don't EVER get one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbOvx54OOs


Just saw this. Thanks, brother...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
lemon_fresh wrote:
Can ye share the link of this story?


Which story is that, my man?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy