All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Sar Shalom
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 am 

http://www.mysarshalom.com/

Check it.

Awesome teachings!

Post subject: Re: Sar Shalom
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:00 pm 

I don't know how it is that I miss things here like I do, but I sure did miss this post lol!

I'm on their page right now, and I LOVE it!!!

I dunno if you even read here anymore Lemon, but if you do, thank-you so much..And you are missed.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:03 am 

Aren't they a 'noahide law' bunch? Seems I recall reading that...that's usually when I stop and disregard.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 am 

Hummmm...not absolutely sure because I've not listened to more than 2 or three of the sermons, but from what I've gathered so far, they are actually Jewish believers in Messiah.

I was amazed at the teaching of what happened at Mt. Sinai and how it was compared to the Brit Hadasha in that when the original tablets were destroyed by Moses, and the new ones were made, it was likened to the 'renewed covenant'. They talked about how Messiah was present there, along with the language translations regarding the rock from which living waters poured forth.

If they are Noahide, I've not seen it yet.

I enjoyed the music/dance worship prior to the preaching, and I gained quite a bit from the teaching.

If you've not taken a listen, I'd like it if you would so we can discuss it. I value your insight.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 am 

I should have noted that they have both video and audio listings. Audio tends to be smaller in package size, and may possibly be a reasonable download for you since you're on satellite.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:35 am 

Here is a 10 min. video from youtube, part one of three, "Is Jesus the Messiah?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnerEm2v380

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:18 pm 

Judith wrote:
If they are Noahide, I've not seen it yet.

Went back to look. Concerning Acts 15:

"Here is the interpretation of Act 15 that you have probably never heard before (and probably will never hear in church). It does not contradict any other scripture (and is in fact supported by the Torah), does not require that G-d change, and is completely supported within Judaism:

The Jerusalem Council did not “rewrite the law” (i.e. Torah) nor did they dismiss it, nor did they invent arbitrary new rules all on their own. The council actually followed the Torah (written and oral) and Jewish Halacha (practical guidelines) by endorsing and applying a well established concept in Judaism which concerned gentiles entering into the Jewish faith: the Noahide Laws. This was the correct starting point for the new “gentile” believers, having clear precedence in Judaism."

------------------------------

Noahide 'laws' have no Sabbath, and seem to disregard this clear instruction:

Isa 56:6 “Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to יהוה, to serve Him, and to love the Name of יהוה, to be His servants, all who guard the Sabbath, and not profane it, and hold fast to My covenant –

Personally, I just don't care for the adding too and the taking away that their traditions offer as acceptable. I really don't care a whit about what is 'supported by Judaism'. Matter of fact, we are to provoke THEM to jelousy; not by emulating their traditions. The 'noahide laws' remove Sabbath assembly which is a key component to provoking them!

Act 13:44 And on the next Sabbath almost all the city came together to hear the Word of Elohim.
Act 13:45 But when the Yehudim saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. And contradicting and speaking evil, they opposed what Sha’ul was saying.

:drinks:

'Noahide laws' are fabrication of mens imagination/tradition.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:23 am 

Was what you posted something in their statement of beliefs? If so, I did not read that part because the page renders weird in my browser..all the text over rode the text.

As far as rabbinical laws go, I don't give them authority, but when they discuss things that happened historically, I do consider what's being said. For example, some of the writings talk about the original tablets, the ones Moses broke, as being possibly made of sapphire. But Moses had to cut the second set so they weren't as ''fine'' as the original set. I see spiritual lessons in that.

I agree with you fully with regard to the Noahide thinggie being for Gentiles. After all, gentile means 'out of covenant' so why would an out of covenant gentile even want to consider Noah? heck, they don't even want to read Genesis, or even crack the cover on that part of the bible.

Noah's laws were a good start, but it's not complete.

The other interesting thing is that when listening to their videos, the Rabbi comes out of the christian church.

I think a good many of the people in the world today are descendants of Israel...the whole nation, therefore, Torah applies anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 am 

Ok..so I went back with a different browser and looked at what they believe..here is a snippet quote:

VII.A. We recognize that Jewish people (physical descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob, whether through the mother’s or the father’s blood-line) who place their faith in Israel’s Messiah, Yeshua, continue to be Jewish according to the Scriptures (Rom. 2:28-29). Gentiles who place their faith in Yeshua, are “grafted into” the Jewish olive tree of faith (Rom. 11:17-25) and thus cease to be “gentiles” becoming spiritual sons and daughters of Abraham (Gal. 3:28-29) and full heirs to the covenant promises; thus they become for all intents and purposes, Jewish.

VII.B. We observe and celebrate the Moedim (festivals, appointed times) given by G-d to Israel, with their fulfillment in and through Messiah (some already fulfilled, some yet to be fulfilled.) We believe the true faith of first century Jewish believers, which we seek to practice, acknowledges the continuity of faith in the one true G-d (Adonai Echad) revealed throughout the Scriptures, and ultimately manifested as the Word (Torah) made flesh in Yeshua the Messiah, G-d’s son. We believe that salvation has always been “by faith” and that works or righteous acts can produce great fruit in one’s life, but cannot bring eternal salvation (Gen. 15:6; Rom. 2-6; Eph. 2:8-9; Heb. 11:6, 39).

VII.C. We acknowledge that the Renewed Covenant body of believers is composed of both Jews-by-birth and Jews-by-faith (former Gentiles now grafted into Israel) who accept and proclaim Yeshua the Messiah as the Promised Redeemer. The “middle wall of partition” has been broken down and now we worship the G-d of Israel together (I Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:13-14). In as much as the blood of Messiah atones for all mankind, the Torah exists as a path of righteousness for all the redeemed. Thus, the Torah – along with it’s mitzvot, festivals, statutes, precepts, and wisdom – endures and pertains to every believer regardless of tribe or tongue.

For detailed explanations of Sar Shalom positions on scriptural and traditional observances, please refer to the Official Sar Shalom Halacha.
Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on YouTubeFollow Us on BloggerFollow Us on Meetup
Sar Shalom Newsletter
Sign-up for the Sar Shalom e-newsletter!
Service Times

Shabbat Morning (Saturday)
Service: 10:30am-12:30pm
Oneg: 1:00-2:00pm
Classes: 2:30-3:30pm
4th Day (Wednesday)
Teaching: 7:30-8:30pm

Contact Us
Sar Shalom Synagogue
1820 Hickory Hill
Argyle, Texas 76226
(682) 738-6724

http://www.mysarshalom.com/visitors/our-beliefs/

Are we talking about the same group?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 am 

Judith wrote:
Are we talking about the same group?

The snip I took was from here:

http://www.mysarshalom.com/a-new-perspe ... n-acts-15/

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:44 pm 

ok, I'll check that out. It seems like a contradiction to their belief statement and to what I'm hearing being preached. I wonder if they're aware of that?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:02 am 

Ok, I went back and read that whole page. I suggest you return and read it all, again. The section you quoted was a contrast/comparison with what churches tend to teach today regarding Torah. You've dealt with much of that, personally.

However, the final conclusion to the page reads like so:

Acts 15 is additional evidence that the disciples were observant Jews who understood, respected, and embraced their Jewish faith, and walked obediently to Torah their entire lives because – as disciples of the Living Word of G-d – they clearly saw how everything about their Jewish faith and scriptures fit perfectly with Jewish Messiah. In which case, Christians may be well advised to study the Hebrew scriptures and Hebrew faith a little deeper and without prejudice; and quite possibly be willing to walk as the disciples walked, which was of course how our Savior himself walked: in obedience to Torah!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:08 am 

ok, I'm tired..I meant to say that the passage you quoted was offered as a possible explaination as an answer to christians, but the final paragraph that I quoted in the above post, is the final conclusion...

An either/or possibilities.

As I listen to the videos juxtaposed against their statement of beliefs etc, they aren't teaching anything different from Brad, or the others that we like.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that out of an abundance of (much appreciated) caution, I think you misunderstood.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:08 am 

:drinks: