Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:29 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
I hate the NIV but I like their rendering of Genesis 1:14: And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years

The moon is a sign to mark sacred times, and the first sign that is perceptible to the naked eye is the sliver. Therefore, it marks the beginning of cycles: Abib at sliver, and Pesach at full... Yom Teruah at sliver--Yom Kippur at half--and Sukkot at full... exactly the way the ancients did it.

Check out Philo, Roman Historian of Yahshua's time: “On the fifteenth day, at full moon, the feast which is called “the Feast of Booths” is celebrated” (Special Laws I, 35, v189, p. 551).

http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/text ... ook27.html

:spiteful:

Interesting:

(180) For the feast which begins the sacred Month{23}{the exact meaning of ieromeµnia is unclear. The best explanation of the term was suggested by a scholiast on Pindar Nem. 3.2 who explained that the beginnings of months were sacred (A. B. Drachmann, Scholia Vetera in Pindari Carmina [3 vols., Leipzig: B. G. Teubner, 1903û27] 3:42). Thus understood to be Philo's designation for the feast day which opens the sacred month, it is here consistently translated "the feast which begins the sacred month."} double sacrifices are fitly offered since the reason for it is double: one, since it is the new moon; the other, since it is the feast which begins the sacred month. Regarding the fact that it is the new moon it is distinctly stated that sacrifices equal to the other new moons are to be sacrificed. Regarding the fact that it is the feast which begins the sacred month, the gifts are doubled apart from the young bulls. For one rather than two is offered since the judge has thought it correct to use the indivisible nature of the number one instead of the divisible number two at the beginning of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:37 am 

Texas Jon wrote:

Check out Philo, Roman Historian of Yahshua's time: “On the fifteenth day, at full moon, the feast which is called “the Feast of Booths” is celebrated” (Special Laws I, 35, v189, p. 551).

:spiteful:

I'm familiar with the extra-Scriptural sources. They abound.

Jubilees 6:34-38 And all the children of Israel will forget and will not find the path of the years, and will forget the Months, and Seasons, and Sabbaths and they will go wrong as to all the order of the years. For I know and from henceforth will I declare it unto thee, and it is not of my own devising; for the book (lies) written before me, and on the heavenly tablets the division of days is ordained, lest they forget the feasts of the covenant and walk according to the feasts of the Gentiles after their error and after their ignorance. For there will be those who will assuredly "MAKE OBSERVATIONS OF THE MOON −how (it) DISTURBS THE SEASONS and comes in from year to year ten days too soon.

For this reason the years will come upon them when they will Disturb (the order), and make an Abominable (Day) the Day of Testimony, and an Unclean Day a Feast Day, and they will confound all the days, the holy with the unclean, and the unclean day with the holy; for THEY WILL GO WRONG AS TO THE MONTHS AND SABBATHS AND FEASTS AND JUBILEES. For this reason I command and testify to thee that thou mayst testify to them; for after thy death thy children will disturb (them), so that THEY WILL NOT MAKE THE YEAR THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY−FOUR DAYS ONLY, and for this reason they will go Wrong as to the Months and Seasons and Sabbaths and Festivals, and they will eat all kinds of blood with all kinds of flesh.

--------------

Personally, I believe something happened along the line (the deluge?) that whacked us out of sinc. I do not believe our original order was 365.25--------- days in a year. I don't think Abba is One to cause leap years nor extra months to be necessary. We inhabit a planet that groans for restoration.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 am 

Yep, something knocked us out of our original 360 day sinc for sure... and you know me, I'm all about the Mars-flyby theory: Noah's flood, Peleg's continental breakups, Pesach's plagues (wall of fire / dry Red Sea), Joshua's long day... I love this book:

http://www.creationism.org/patten/PattenBiblFlood/

Lately, I've been studying the Expanding Earth Theory and its correlation to Noah's Flood and what the deluge would do to the planet compared to the days of Eden, and I think that water + electricity began a process of supercharging our planet, blowing it up like a balloon, over eons of time to its present state.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
Yep, something knocked us out of our original 360 day sinc for sure... and you know me, I'm all about the Mars-flyby theory: Noah's flood, Peleg's continental breakups, Pesach's plagues (wall of fire / dry Red Sea), Joshua's long day... I love this book:

We agree for sure.

Rom 8:19 For the intense longing1 of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of Elohim. Footnote: 1Lit. anxiously looking with outstretched head.
Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not from choice, but because of Him who subjected it, in anticipation,
Rom 8:21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage to corruption into the esteemed freedom of the children of Elohim.
Rom 8:22 For we know that all the creation groans together, and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only so, but even we ourselves who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, we ourselves also groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
:friends:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:02 pm 

Man, I groan, and my tent's wearing out! My young physical body is getting tired. I appreciate that YHWH is our Rest, and he sets apart a Day unlike the others. I truly love and appreciate the rest of this Sukkot, and even though I made it through the fasting of Yom Kippur, I still do not feel worthy to pitch my tent near the Maker. I know that I still have work to do, and I am up for it. Maybe I have a foot in the door of the Kingdom, but I want to know that my place there is a great one, a strong one, a Rock amongst the Living Stones... I want the same Energy to flow through me as did our ancestors. Moses was 120 years old when he died, full of youthful vigor. I like to think that he was an energetic whipper snapper because he liked to hang out with YHWH... :good:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:10 pm 

I really appreciate the courage and spirit of these believers in the common HaShem. Just to throw this out there, not because I am in the least Rabbinic/Orthodox in my Way, but this movie has always been a goodie that my family and I always watch around this time, called USHPIZIN:

https://youtu.be/UgiCDDGdnv4

Enjoy! :s_thumbsup :rose:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:16 pm 

Hey, Terry, I'll be 40 in November. :)

I know you're over 20 years my senior, but I dare you to beat me beyond Moses' 120 years... You and Gail both! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:20 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
Hey, Terry, I'll be 40 in November. :)

I know you're over 20 years my senior, but I dare you to beat me beyond Moses' 120 years... You and Gail both! :mrgreen:

Shit pard, I'm half way there and Gail is a couple decades in front of me....GIDDYUP! :s_tongue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:52 am 

Fred and Eric put this together while I was away...I love how they articulated and illustrated the matter...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 am 

The elephant in the room is really whether Yahushua died on Passover. Scripture tells us he died on a day that was the Jewish calculation of Pesach. The Good News of John repeats the phrase "Feast of the Jews" in reference to Passover.

So either Yahushua died (an illegal death?) on a day miscalculated by the Jews to be Passover, or he died on Yah's true mo'ed of Passover.

Granted, there are a few variations on how the feasts would have been calculated by the different sects. Probably this amount to a difference of a few days, at the most.

What is your view on this, Temu? Do you believe Yahushua died on the true Pesach?

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:35 pm 

Toshav wrote:
The elephant in the room is really whether Yahushua died on Passover. Scripture tells us he died on a day that was the Jewish calculation of Pesach. The Good News of John repeats the phrase "Feast of the Jews" in reference to Passover.

So either Yahushua died (an illegal death?) on a day miscalculated by the Jews to be Passover, or he died on Yah's true mo'ed of Passover.

Granted, there are a few variations on how the feasts would have been calculated by the different sects. Probably this amount to a difference of a few days, at the most.

What is your view on this, Temu? Do you believe Yahushua died on the true Pesach?

Honestly I just cannot be certain. I am fascinated by what He said here...

Luk 22:53 While I was with you day after day in the Temple, you didn't lay a hand on me. But this is your hour, when darkness reigns!"

Your hour? When darkness (skotos) reigns?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:47 pm 

Really appreciated the video you posted Temu.
Has certainly made me rethink things.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:52 pm 

Psalm 119 wrote:
Really appreciated the video you posted Temu.
Has certainly made me rethink things.

Our pleasure. We are just trying to figure it out the best we can by the Words He gives us. Shalom!

:s_thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:31 am 

nabi wrote:
sonofJAC wrote:
For example, Pentecost is always on a Sunday, but it actually starts as the weekly Sabbath ends on Saturday evening.

I follow the traditional Jewish calendar and don't keep Shavu'ot (Pentecost) always on Sunday. However, it's interesting that this year both ways of counting the 'omer bring us to the same day (Saturday night, May 26/Sunday day, May 27)...

I sure do miss you, brother. You taught me what "nabi" means, and you said that I was one...

:rose:

Come Yahshua!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 am 

Toshav wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
With the sliver begins the first day of the month of Tishri, and two weeks from now, I should be able to party hearty in my makeshift sukka, with the FULL MOON illuminating its full glory upon my family and my giddy heads...

Shalom Yom Teruah!

:yahoo:

I'm in agreement, and this is an important point that must be considered. If the Full moon is the renewed moon then the Hebrews left Egypt under a dark moon, and Sukkot is under a dark moon as well. Logically, it would makes much more sense the Hebrews had the light of the full moon when they left Egypt while it was still night, and that Sukkot and the wedding feast of the lamb be under a full moon.

Also a full-moon-is-renewed-moon scenario also means Trumpets under a full light moon, which doesn't fit with Yahushua's return at the "no man knows the day or the hour" colloquialism.

I wonder if Gideon's attack was under a dark moon, maybe it even happened at the Trumpets mo'ed. As we know, the account tells us they had trumpets and jars with lights in them. It was a surprise attack -- They blew the trumpets, then broke the jars to reveal the light within. The lights wouldn't be so impressive if it weren't night, and would be even more accentuated if there was complete darkness due to a dark moon. To the enemy camp, it would be complete darkness, the sudden erie blast of the trumpets, then light! This sounds like Yahushua's return -- at Trumpets, under complete darkness, then there's light!

I see that I never did address your post here, sis, which I think is spot on. This is basically the root of the situation here, which is why I appeal to people's simple logic, as if they were an ancient with no technology but only their naked eyes. Since nature is our first witness because YHWH made it that way, then all we have to do is observe it for signs and seasons.

The full-moon-new-moon folks are basically saying:

1. Pesach was during a conjunction/sliver fifteen days after the full moon / first day / Abib.
2. Yom Teruah was during a full moon but Sukkot was in darkness during conjunction or sliver.

There is no logic behind this concept when Yahshua returns in secret, "like a thief in the night" unto them who are not intently looking up, watching, and waiting for a SIGN...

How can you be intently watching for a sign in the moon when it is full and has been either waxing full or waning from full for days and weeks?

And how can the ancients even tell which side of the full its on with the naked eye? The only way to tell which side of the waxing/waning that the moon is on is by COUNTING DAYS since the sighting of the first sliver... which is exactly fifteen days since its perception by the naked eye... which also logically coincides with Abib and Pesach.

Here, Enoch defines the courses of the sun and moon, and he definitely agrees that the sliver is the new moon:

Enoch 78:11. During all the period during which the moon is growing in her light, she is transferring it to herself when opposite to the sun during fourteen days [her light is accomplished in the heaven], and when she is illumined throughout, her light is accomplished full in the heaven. 12. And on the first day she is called the new moon, for on that day the light rises upon her. 13. She becomes full moon exactly on the day when the sun sets in the west, and from the east she rises at night, and the moon shines the whole night through till the sun rises over against her and the moon is seen over against the sun. 14. On the side whence the light of the moon comes forth, there again she wanes till all the light vanishes and all the days of the month are at an end, and her circumference is empty, void of light.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe081.htm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:32 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
nabi wrote:
sonofJAC wrote:
For example, Pentecost is always on a Sunday, but it actually starts as the weekly Sabbath ends on Saturday evening.

I follow the traditional Jewish calendar and don't keep Shavu'ot (Pentecost) always on Sunday. However, it's interesting that this year both ways of counting the 'omer bring us to the same day (Saturday night, May 26/Sunday day, May 27)...

I sure do miss you, brother. You taught me what "nabi" means, and you said that I was one...

I enjoyed my discussions with Brian. We had several very good sessions off of the boards.
I expect to see him on the Sea of Glass!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 pm 

sonofJAC wrote:
I enjoyed my discussions with Brian. We had several very good sessions off of the boards.
I expect to see him on the Sea of Glass!

Same here. I know he is in Grace and Peace... and I hope my dad is there too... :rose: :s_cry

Nabi was a straight shooter, the kind of dude I wanted in my company...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:19 pm 

I miss Nabi a lot. SoJ, there is something about you that reminds me of Nabi.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 pm 

Gosh, we had us some good ol' times back in the day...all of us 'troublemakers' :s_cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:57 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
I miss Nabi a lot. SoJ, there is something about you that reminds me of Nabi.

Thank you so much.
Admittedly, I learned a bunch of things from him and even in the topics that we did not totally agree on, he caused me to go deeper into my own study.
All of it was positive.
The important thing I think, and it goes for all of my brothers and sisters here.
I know we have differences, and I'm probably in the minority on this board on some things. But if we step back a few steps, we will see that our commonality is in what was once referred to as "The trunk of the tree". That is, we have the same Father, the same Savior; His Son and that we have been called to understand His Law, His Holy Sabbath and Holy Feasts and Holy Days and this is the grace under which we stand. Some of the other stuff is just branches and twigs on the tree.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:51 pm 

For Your Information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fB4CV3E1Y
Part two and three were good too, but I am unable to put a link for them here.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.