Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:13 pm 

Forgot to add...HOW did Dawid KNOW when rosh hodesh was? This year the sliver confused everyone!

1Sa 20:5 And Dawiḏ said to Yehonathan, “See, tomorrow is the New Moon, and I ought to sit with the sovereign to eat. But let me go, and I shall hide in the field until the third day at evening.

And Yehonathan KNEW...

1Sa 20:18 So Yehonathan said to him, “Tomorrow is the New Moon, and you shall be missed, because your seat shall be empty.

No uncertainty in those two witnesses. No guessing at all.

:drinks:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:12 pm 

How did David and Jonathan know when the New Moon was? They lived in a mountainous desert region with no smog or geo-engineered chem-clouds...

Pretty easy to sight a sliver when its 1000(ish) B.C.

Terry, if there was a controversy about the timing of the New Moon during Messiah's day, then don't you think he would have made a point about it when he was here keeping the feasts with the Jews? Not a single word is mentioned about this issue, yet the Jews have been keeping the sliver new moon unchanged for millennia, and not even once does Yahshua mention this discrepancy.

The reason is very simple and logical: because the sliver signifies THE BEGINNING of light, the first day of the month, and Messiah kept it that way along with his people. The full moon is the beginning of NOTHING but has already been waxing two weeks old, and unbeknownst to the average shepherd in the field, could either be waxing or waning, and no clear and reasonable way to tell the difference. Thus, the full moon is an old moon, not a new one.

The SLIVER, however, is as clear as black and white, and it establishes the end of darkness and the beginning of light.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
How did David and Jonathan know when the New Moon was? They lived in a mountainous desert region with no smog or geo-engineered chem-clouds...

So you think THAT is why there was confusion this year? All over the world? Even at high elevations? :s_no

Gosh...we gotta get on that promised video. You may have second thoughts. At any rate, I doubt you'd say you are absolutely 100% correct the sliver is beyond reproach. Never met anyone who was absolutely certain...yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:52 pm 

There is no confusion here, brother. The light appears for the FIRST TIME in the sliver, killing the darkness. It is the inception of light, unlike the full moon which could be one way waxing, or the other way waning, and nobody with a naked eye could ever tell the difference...

Jonathan and David are the case in point. They KNEW that tomorrow would be the new moon because they knew that they would SEE it for the first time, i.e., the SLIVER! It makes no sense to say that they could see the new moon coming if it was full or even partially full... come on, man...

A full moon is not NEW because its been around for awhile; a SLIVER is new because it is the first time that light appears!

:wacko:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:03 pm 

It simply does not fit the meaning of kodesh, bro.

Would you buy a NEW car that was only 1/28th complete? :search: :nea:

Or would you expect the NEW car to be 100% there? :s_yes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:07 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
They KNEW that tomorrow would be the new moon because they knew that they would SEE it for the first time

Quite unlike the 'day late' sliver this year? Lot's of people THOUGHT they would see it...it was a no show. Dawid and Yohanathan knew for certain. No doubt. No speculation.

:good:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 pm 

Funny story...Last year..or maybe the year before...Rhonda made some Mexican food. Everyone who was looking seriously at the full moon got a WHOLE tortilla...she cut Eric Bissell a sliver of a tortilla and put it on his plate... :s_biggrin You shoulda seen the look on his face!

Anyways, great discussion! Love you all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:24 pm 

temu wrote:

Apples and oranges, and what does buying a new car have to do with the moon?

The moon is 100% complete, but the sunlight only shows 2-3% when visible; however, the moon is still there! I'm not buying a car here, I'm looking for the first sign that light appears, signifying the new moon...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 pm 

temu wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
They KNEW that tomorrow would be the new moon because they knew that they would SEE it for the first time

Quite unlike the 'day late' sliver this year? Lot's of people THOUGHT they would see it...it was a no show. Dawid and Yohanathan knew for certain. No doubt. No speculation.

:good:

Well, for sure Sunday was the convection, and Monday was supposedly 1%, but Tuesday was all SHOW! The sliver was as clear and bright as ever.

Again, David and Jonathan SAW the new moon because their sliver was simply CLEARLY visible compared with any crap we have to put up with in our Monsanto skies... David and Jon KNEW for certain because the sliver was perceivable with their naked eyes...

:whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:39 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
temu wrote:

Apples and oranges, and what does buying a new car have to do with the moon?

Simply pointing out how we have suddenly changed clear vocabulary of NEW (new, whole, 100%) to make allowance for something partial, then suddenly disappears into more darkness.

Would you call 1/28th of an apple or orange new also?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:00 am 

OK, then, let us indeed compare apples to oranges, for a NEW apple or orange is CERTAINLY NOT complete or whole; would you prefer to eat the NEW fruit from a tree? or the older, riper fruit? Such is the moon when it is young and NEW and barely seen...

Like a NEW baby, hidden, covered, barely seen by all who look upon him... CERTAINLY NOT complete or whole...

Even your new car comparison... if it is brand spanking new, then you must drive it gently, treat it tenderly, ease into it slowly so that it can break in all its joints and parts... else, you would rag it out really quick if you took it straight out and drove it like a demon...

Go ahead and call this new fruit whole and complete; pick you one and enjoy if you want:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 am 

Ripe, full, fits hodesh.

Remember, I use to do the sliver for many, many years...and try my best to defend it...never thought of the sliver shofar or the smog approach though. That was new, or 'hodesh' to me.

:friends:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:02 pm 

Let me ask you this, Tejas...would you stake your inheritance on your view on the matter? I know I wouldn't...I simply think it fits the Scriptures better. I've never met anyone who would boast of 100% certainty because the Scriptures lack clarity on the matter. He could have made it easy, but He didn't...He left it vague, I believe for a reason.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:58 pm 

Terry, new means new, not "complete." Indeed, it is more of a "renew" or "brand new," which logically implies the sliver as the new moon, since the 30 day cycle BEGINS at the sliver, the FIRST perception of light, the ANNOUNCEMENT! like the shofar blast, like the trumpeters heralding the King to enter into the city. The King enters on Day 1, he sits in judgement on Day 10, and he allows us to enter into our rest and pitch our tents on day 14 of this cycle, and that last day is a bright and lovely evening of drinking strong drink and howling at the full moon, like a pack of wild Hebrews... well at least, that's how WE roll... :drinks:

We are supposed to "watch and wait" for any SIGN of his appearing... the sliver is the sign that YAVO! He is COMING... he APPEARS! like a thief in the NIGHT to those who are not LOOKING INTENTLY for the sign...

This implies a sliver, not any full moon, for a full moon is EASILY perceived...

Another thing is the woman's menstrual cycle, which typically follows the full moon / new moon phases. "Menstrual" even means of the lunar cycle. I have decades of experience as a husband to testify that a woman usually has her full-flowing period on the full moon and is beginning her ovulation around the darkness of convection with the corpus luteum appearing in the Fallopian tubes and beginning its release and decent upon the piercing of the light of the NEW MOON... Coincidence?

I would stake my inheritance upon the still small voice that once called me to walk his way... his rod and his staff, they comfort me...

If I am cast into a fiery hell for trying to do according to his commandments, then "when I am cast into Sheol, you are THERE with me!"

YHWH told Abraham, "I AM your SHIELD, your exceedingly great REWARD!" and that's what I stake my inheritance on.

Debar YHWH be with me also...

:rose:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:42 pm 

We've both read each others opinions...BUT...would you stake your inheritance on your view on the matter? I know I wouldn't...I simply think it fits the Scriptures better. I've never met anyone who would boast of 100% certainty because the Scriptures lack clarity on the matter. He could have made it easy, but He didn't...He left it vague, I believe for a reason.

Yeah or nay?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:50 am 

Yes, vague; like the ever so slight first sliver of the renewed moon. The day and the hour that no man knows, even with all his fancy technology and scientific calendars. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:09 am 

Judith1 wrote:
Yes, vague; like the ever so slight first sliver of the renewed moon. The day and the hour that no man knows, even with all his fancy technology and scientific calendars. :)

Exactly! Even the NASA-approved lunar calendar has it two days:

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-september-2015.phtml

So you can either see the sliver on Monday night just barely after sunset if the clouds are not geo-engineered, OR you can see it on Tuesday morning just before sunrise...

:s_yes

We took Tuesday off... :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am 

temu wrote:
We've both read each others opinions...BUT...would you stake your inheritance on your view on the matter? I know I wouldn't...I simply think it fits the Scriptures better. I've never met anyone who would boast of 100% certainty because the Scriptures lack clarity on the matter. He could have made it easy, but He didn't...He left it vague, I believe for a reason.

Yeah or nay?

Terry, I already answered you in the previous post about my inheritance. You apparently stake yours in whether or not you do something right or wrong in your walk before Abba. I do not.

Moreover, I've delt with your points logically, but you have yet to deal with mine. You just said that you did the sliver for many, many years and tried to defend it. Well, now I'm currently doing the sliver and have also been doing it for many, many years; I STILL defend it, and I point back to the Jews who would probably stake THEIR inheritance on it...

:dirol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:56 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:

Terry, I already answered you in the previous post about my inheritance.

No, you said "I would stake my inheritance upon the still small voice that once called me to walk his way..."

I asked if you would stake your inheritance on your view that the sliver moon is 100% accurate; irrefutable.

Yeah or nay?

I was talking to Lew White the other day...conjunction guy...admitted he could not be 100% certain.

I asked James Scott Trimm the same thing...dodged the question.

NOBODY I have asked said they could be 100% certain. Nobody.

Are you the exception? Yeah or nay?

:s_dunno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm 

Yeah or nay, the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM is that a SUPER BLOOD MOON happened last night on the EVE of Tabernacles...

As far as signs are concerned, this one does it for me: a waxing 98% Super Blood Moon--that will not repeat in a very long time--happened last night BEFORE the Full Moon 100% illumination phase (which is today, right now)... which by my primitive Karaite calculations makes this Tabernacles...

Uh... lemme see here... I sighted the sliver on a Monday, which was a full two weeks ago, and lo and behold, it's Sukkot, which is the 100% illumination FULL MOON!

Happy Tabernacles Yall!

:D :lol: :mrgreen:

:biggrin: :drinks: :spiteful:

:s_cool :s_crazy :s_rofl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 pm 

Logic. Nature is our first witness...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:24 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Yeah or nay, the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM is that a SUPER BLOOD MOON happened last night on the EVE of Tabernacles...

As far as signs are concerned, this one does it for me: a waxing 98% Super Blood Moon--that will not repeat in a very long time--happened last night BEFORE the Full Moon 100% illumination phase (which is today, right now)... which by my primitive Karaite calculations makes this Tabernacles...

Uh... lemme see here... I sighted the sliver on a Monday, which was a full two weeks ago, and lo and behold, it's Sukkot, which is the 100% illumination FULL MOON!

Happy Tabernacles Yall!

:D :lol: :mrgreen:

:biggrin: :drinks: :spiteful:

:s_cool :s_crazy :s_rofl

Is this query bugging you?

I asked if you would stake your inheritance on your view that the sliver moon is 100% accurate; irrefutable.

Yeah or nay?

I was talking to Lew White the other day...conjunction guy...admitted he could not be 100% certain.

I asked James Scott Trimm the same thing...dodged the question.

NOBODY I have asked said they could be 100% certain. Nobody.

Are you the exception? Yeah or nay?

--------------------------------------

As for the blood moons, they do not solidify anything feast related. Scripture has that say.

:friends:

Have a great Sukkot!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm 

I mean, COME ON!!! man... :lol:

A blood red moon on the eve of Sukkot? :roll:

I am 100% certain that tonight is 100% Full Moon, which is EXACTLY two weeks after sighting the SLIVER... :s_yes

----

Hey, why do I have to stake my inheritance on it anyway?

And hey, why the hell is Lew White a conjunction guy? That don't make no sense either...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:42 pm 

And thanks, brother...

:drinks: :friends:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
Hey, why do I have to stake my inheritance on it anyway?

You don't. I'm just asking if you know you are 100% certain about the sliver being the Scriptural way to calculate.

I've simply never met anyone that can be 100% certain...because Scripture is simply not clear on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 am 

Texas Jon wrote:

And hey, why the hell is Lew White a conjunction guy? That don't make no sense either...

It makes sense to him. The 119 guys also. They have a video 'proving' the no moon theory. It doesn't make sense to me either. If I had to make a second choice, I'd go back to the sliver.

I talked to Rico the other day also. He said nobody can know officially because there is no temple to make a declaration. I asked where that was in Scripture...he said Leviticus/Numbers :s_no . I said I've never seen that, can he be more specific. He never answered.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:46 am 

Wow, never would have imagined...

I'm just going with Nature as the first witness since the Maker put the sun, moon, and stars up there for a sign.

Conjunction: No Sign. Can't see it.

Full Moon: been looking at that sign for awhile now, nothing "New" about it.

Sliver: aha! first perceivable sign... yep. The sign is the sliver... makes sense this knuckledragger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 am 

I hate the NIV but I like their rendering of Genesis 1:14: And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years

The moon is a sign to mark sacred times, and the first sign that is perceptible to the naked eye is the sliver. Therefore, it marks the beginning of cycles: Abib at sliver, and Pesach at full... Yom Teruah at sliver--Yom Kippur at half--and Sukkot at full... exactly the way the ancients did it.

Check out Philo, Roman Historian of Yahshua's time: “On the fifteenth day, at full moon, the feast which is called “the Feast of Booths” is celebrated” (Special Laws I, 35, v189, p. 551).

http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/text ... ook27.html

:spiteful:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
Wow, never would have imagined...

I'm just going with Nature as the first witness since the Maker put the sun, moon, and stars up there for a sign.

What troubles me the most about the sliver is that it is just a brief glimpse, then darkness again.

Gen 1:16 And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.

No 'memshalah' nor 'mashal' involved with the sliver whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:18 am 

Certainly, the moon rules the night when it is full, I won't argue that, but are there times when the moon rules the sky brighter than others?

Are there times when the sun rules the sky brighter than others?

If the sun is brighter and hotter on the summer solstice, and weakest and coolest at the winter solstice, then couldn't the moon have bright ruling moments and weak hidden moments as well?

The sun and moon appear in his hands on the days of their inception like wet lumps of "formless and void" clay in the hands of the potter...

:s_yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next