Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm 

I have hepatitis C. Over the last few years I have been scheduled for starting chemotherapy several times then something major came along each time to derail them such as: loosing both parents within a 2 month period, then having severe abdominal problems a couple of days before a treatment start date then, the last time I was ready to start, I found out that due to the huge expense of the treatments, I had to go on a waiting list (that was 9 months ago).

I am now (once again) scheduled to start the treatments on September 4th. Please petition Yeshua to let the treatments begin as scheduled and that they work.

It will be a long hard road. It consists of a year of flu like symptoms, extreme hair loss, and many other not so wonderful things. I am scared but this is something I must do. I am only 48. I want to get healthy again, and live a while. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm 

Oh gosh. Prayers for sure.

My ex girlfriend also has to begin radiation/chemo.

I'm sure you have tried/researched alternatives?

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm 

Blessings friend

I have prayed and will continue to lift you in prayer.

Joshua 24:14-15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:01 am 

Thanks. Here is a project I am working on to help me get through this.

http://a-willing-vessel7.wix.com/hepc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 am 

temu wrote:
Oh gosh. Prayers for sure.

My ex girlfriend also has to begin radiation/chemo.

I'm sure you have tried/researched alternatives?

This isn't radiation. It is a shot every week and pills throughout the day.

They side effects are very similar. I hope your ex girlfriend is going to be ok. I will keep her in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:19 am 

joshua79109 wrote:
Blessings friend

I have prayed and will continue to lift you in prayer.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:55 pm 

Bless you and my prayers also. FATHER knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm 

Oh Vw, I think this is a treatment my brother went through. Sounds exactly like it, I will find out for sure. He did have some rough patches where he really needed to rest a lot, but overall it was not too rough on him. And get this, his bloodwork came back entirely clear afterward. I will ask him for details and let you know. I will add my prayers for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:38 pm 

Simone wrote:
Oh Vw, I think this is a treatment my brother went through. Sounds exactly like it, I will find out for sure. He did have some rough patches where he really needed to rest a lot, but overall it was not too rough on him. And get this, his bloodwork came back entirely clear afterward. I will ask him for details and let you know. I will add my prayers for you.

Thanks

I am taking the new treatments that came out last year. There is a much greater chance of the new treatments beating it than the older ones so I am very hopeful.

In case it got over looked, this is a website I am working on to keep everyone updated. :s_rofl Hey I have been working hard on it. :s_cool

http://a-willing-vessel7.wix.com/hepc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 am 

I too know another who took the treatment. She did ok too and is fine, now. I pray all goes well for you, and that you are fully and completely healed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:16 am 

Thanks all.

If you guys are bored and want a few giggles, check out the (Random Fun Stuff) section of my site. :)

http://a-willing-vessel7.wix.com/hepc#!random-fun-stuff

Have fun :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 pm 

{{{UPDATE}}}

I will get my treatments in the mail on Friday and will be starting them, next Tuesday.

My nurse looked me in the eye and in a serious tone said, "You are going to feel like you were hit by a truck."

I now have cirrhosis of the liver. I do not know, what stage of cirrhosis.

Because of that, I have to stay on these treatments for a year.

Beginning stage of cirrhosis has a prognosis of around 20 years. Advanced stage can have a prognosis of 1-3 years.

They would have to do a biopsy to see what stage of cirrhosis I am in. I don't want to know.

Anyway, keep me in your prayers. I am going to be fighting for my life. Like My Mom said, when she found out she had lung cancer, "I am not going out peacefully. I am going out kicking and screaming." LOL

It is all in God's hands and He knows best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 pm 

Thanking Him in advance for your healing and recovery!

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 pm 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/21196 ... ver-detox/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:51 pm 

temu wrote:
Thanking Him in advance for your healing and recovery!

What an awesome prayer. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/211962-turmeric-liver-detox/

Thank you for the info on turmeric.

I will ask my nurse about it. I have to be very careful of anything I ingest because so many things interact with my treatments; even things that are normally good for the liver.

Right now, I am mainly focusing on killing the virus. If my nurse says turmeric is ok, I will definitely do that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 am 

I can tell you right now that your nurse may be a trained/brainwashed agent of big pharma and will steer you AWAY from naturopathics, unless he/she is a naturopathic nurse. I spent three years in the nursing program at TCC and had to make a brave conscientious decision to leave the program and not become a nurse because of the heavy propaganda to push unnecessary expensive surgeries and drugs.

I wish you well. Interferon treatments are a SOB to the body systems.

All I know, and you can take it for what it's worth is that YHWH has already given us the tools to heal our ailments since week one:

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 pm 

Ob top of everything, I have 1st year chickens. The guineas have started acting like the gang members of the farm. One almost killed my favorite hen; and I have been nursing her back to health. The is healing in ICU in my infirmary. :) It, hurt her, real bad.

I now have 4 guineas in the freezer. I cleaned two and Alan cleaned two. I watched him, de-head them. It wasn't as gorey as I thought it would be.

Any how, we are stocking up our winter meat.

Texas Jon, Thank you for your advice. I have thought long and hard before making this decision. I know about the big pharma. Yahweh is with e. I can do this. I will kill this virus. I am on the latest treatments. I Have a 80% chance instead of the old 405 chance of the treatments of 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 am 

I stand in agreement with you in prayer on your decision. I wish you all the best and hope for your full healing and recovery.

Interesting also about those chickens. I have bantam roosters that try and terrorize and rape my hens every chance they get, so I keep them in a dog travel cage. Hey, I heard those guineas are excellent watch dogs and will sit atop a tree and look far into the distance to see anybody coming up the driveway, squawking like banshees when someone comes along...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:54 am 

I have been on treatments since Tues. (it is Fri) so far, not much side effects yet.

I had to remake my website about my treatments. I will be adding updates, and info there. http://hcvtx4.wix.com/md_team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 pm 

Still praying for your full recovery, sis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm 

Thanks.

I will know in a couple of weeks if the treatments are working. If they are, then they will add another drug to the mix. Being as I have cirrhosis; I will have to stay on treatments for a year. Studies have shown that most people who had cirrhosis and underwent this treatment, after showing no virus at 6 months and quit treatments, showed the virus in their system later, but after a year of tx; showed a sustained response and no sign of the virus returning.

It will be a rough year, but I can do this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:02 am 

You can do it, VW. Remember to rest when you feel like you need to. Often us women keep pushing ourselves to just do a little more before we sit down, or not sit down and rest at all if there is stuff we see that needs done. That was one hard lesson I had to learn, chuck all the rest of it whenever you need to, it will wait.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 pm 

Simone wrote:
You can do it, VW. Remember to rest when you feel like you need to. Often us women keep pushing ourselves to just do a little more before we sit down, or not sit down and rest at all if there is stuff we see that needs done. That was one hard lesson I had to learn, chuck all the rest of it whenever you need to, it will wait.

You are right. It is hard letting my garden go (of course we are getting early freezes), I hate letting the dishes pile up and the house unclean, but I decided that my main job now it 1st off to care for myself, then care for my birds, everything else is not important.

My dear husband helps a lot though. He cooks, does dishes and stuff. He might not do dishes and stuff as often as I would and doesn't clean the kitchen as well as I would, but he also is getting firewood for the winter, fixing the car and stuff, so he is picking up the slack as best as he can.

I am sure I will have days when I am tired of laying around, and I will do some cleaning. For now, I just don't care.

I usually keep pretty busy when I am feeling well.It is kinda nice to not have to do anything, if I do not feel like it. It is a vacation (of sorts). Kinda like the Sabbath; I have permission to just rest. I really have needed that for a long time, but have been pushing myself for a long time.

Thanks for the encouragement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 pm 

I wish you Healing,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:31 pm 

Thank you Deb.
I will have blood tests done on the 2nd. if it shows the treatments are killing the virus, I will start taking another drug in addition to those I am on. If the tests show that I am not killing the virus, treatments will be discontinued.

It is hard waiting on the unknown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 pm 

VW,

This is Catherine here. Catherine_MT from the SB forum.

I will continue to pray for you and your healing.

I have read this forum on and off since Temu, JF, and some others told me about it. I joined up here tonight.

God bless you and yours.

Catherine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 am 

Cate wrote:
VW,

This is Catherine here. Catherine_MT from the SB forum.

I will continue to pray for you and your healing.

I have read this forum on and off since Temu, JF, and some others told me about it. I joined up here tonight.

God bless you and yours.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine {{{HUGS}}}

So far, my main side effects are a little nausea, no energy and my scalp keeps itching like crazy.I am suppose to be gentle with my scalp to prevent as much hair loss as possible, but I can't help but scratch and scratch and scratch.LOL I think I will put an oatmeal treatment or something on my scalp.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm 

topic493.html

I replied to you and put it in a new post by mistake.

Here are some suggestions for you.

Apologies to the forum.

Catherine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 pm 

Here you go... I fixed my reply to you since I put it in the wrong place.

Dear VW,

I hope that you start to feel better soon. I will pray that God heals you completely.

I hope that your itchy scalp and skin get better too.

Do an internet search and you will find internal and external relief for itchy scalp and skin. Oatmeal hand lotion, oatmeal soap, Castile soap, olive oil, tea tree soap, etc. may help you even if it is meant for your hands or body NOT your hair.

http://www.drbronner.com/

http://www.kirksnatural.com/

Plus some herbs, vitamins, minerals, fish oil, etc. will help with the itch and dry skin. Most of those common sense things will help with those issues but check with your doctor since you are having treatments.

If I had some of my old books on these matters - I would mail them to you but I donated and gifted almost all of my 5,000 books before I moved out west. I only brought 3 small boxes of books with me. If you don't want to buy books, your local library can special order a bunch for you if they do not have something in stock.

Online searches are the best with a zillion and one links for more information.

When I get itchy dry skin - I try all kinds of things! Climate and age... ugh. One of them was ordinary Lubriderm even the normal to dry skin one - lighter version. I bought some OTHER stuff that I used to use years ago but they changed the formula. When I went to the lighter Lubriderm - it sunk into my skin better and did not just lay on top of the skin. Plus Aveeno hand/body lotion has some oatmeal solutions and I put that on my short hair, rubbed it in, only rinsed it out and washed it a day later.

http://www.lubriderm.com/

http://www.aveeno.com/

When I used to swim on a daily basis - year round - I used kitchen olive oil or plain Johnson's baby oil on my scalp once in a blue moon too. I rinsed it out with warm water and washed my hair the next day. Don't slip on your shower/tub floor when you do this.

Vermont Bag Balm is not a good idea for your head. I tried it one time and it was a super pain to get OUT of my hair. It is good for other things but not for my scalp and short hair... ugh.

Another thing, some people use horse shampoo and I have tried this too. One brand name is Mane and Tail and I can't think of the other one now!

http://manentail.com/

There are two other brands and solutions for skin but I will have to look them up. They sink INTO your skin (Or scalp.) as a lotion or cream but they are not meant for the scalp but they worked very well. I used them since I moved to a dryer climate - I used to live in a HUMID climate in the Great Lakes region and I was born/raised on the east coast.

Normally, I just shampoo and rinse well. I tried the deal of not using shampoo and going with water only, water and apple cider vinegar, water and baking soda, etc. but I did not like how it worked for ME even though I only have short, super straight hair and a simple - plain haircut. I have healthy hair and I rarely ever put anything on my hair like lotions but for a time frame right before and after my late husband died - I had stress, menopause even at 51 years old back then, super dry skin, etc.

Normally I am a person who only uses a mild shampoo and I rinse a LOT in the shower. I do not use conditioners, sprays, gels, etc. I never did. I never had a perm, I never dyed my hair and I air dry my hair. I tried using a blow dryer a couple of times but I decided it was just as easy to let my short hair AIR DRY.

Blessings to you and yours,

Catherine