Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 am 

Dang.....

Can you eat organ meats like livers? Cast iron skillets to cook in? Vitamin supplements? Those help with hemoglobin so that what you have for red cells can carry oxygen. I don't know for sure what helps with immune system. They used to think D-3 helped but apparently it doesn't.

What about fresh veggies? Don't they carry as many germs as fruit? Doesn't Nuking in microwave kill bacteria?

I'm sorry this setback has occurred. I will certainly pray on your behalf!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 am 

I'm looking up some websites to see if there's anything you can do in addition to what you're already doing to help support your treatment, and your immune system.

One of the websites said that a tanked immune system can actually force the virus to morph back to its original form, making it easier to kill the virus. Apparently it mutates in order to survive.

In the meantime, here's a web md article about alternative treatments the might be able to be used in conjunction with your conventional treatment. But only you and your doc can decide. I'm merely looking for good info for you to look at.

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/features ... treatments

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am 

Other things to do for you:

Get Sufficient Sleep – The immune system is replenished during the deep stages of sleep.

· Wash Your Hands – Keeping your hands clean will reduce stress on the immune system by minimizing the microbes it must constantly battle.

· Follow a Balanced, Nutritious Diet – Eating well provides your immune system with the tools it needs to be in tip-top shape. Avoid sugar and the processed foods that harm immunity by suppressing crucial immune cells. If need be, consult a nutritionist for proper guidance.

· Avoid Toxins – Items toxic to your immune system include alcohol, cigarettes, chemicals and pollution. Toxins slow down and weaken the immune response. Consider an antioxidant and natural detoxifier such as Liv.52 to neutralize the toxins you encounter every day.

· Reduce Stress – Finding ways to minimize stress reduces stress-related hormones from weakening the immune system.

· Supplement – Consider supplementing your diet with a safe, energy enhancement solution product such as Fatigue Relief Plus. In addition to naturally replenishing energy to overcome the fatigue associated with HCV, it provides vitamins, minerals and probiotics to strengthen the body’s immune system.

Keeping your immune system as strong as possible is the key to longevity. Whether you are virus-free or not, fortifying your defenses can make the difference between developing acute or chronic viral hepatitis, as well as preventing liver disease progression.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 pm 

Judith wrote:
Dang.....

Can you eat organ meats like livers? Cast iron skillets to cook in? Vitamin supplements? Those help with hemoglobin so that what you have for red cells can carry oxygen. I don't know for sure what helps with immune system. They used to think D-3 helped but apparently it doesn't.

What about fresh veggies? Don't they carry as many germs as fruit? Doesn't Nuking in microwave kill bacteria?

I'm sorry this setback has occurred. I will certainly pray on your behalf!

It isn't really a set back per say. It is a normal reaction to the meds. Many people have to quit the meds completely so, I am doing good considering. I will be starting a Once a week injection tomorrow that will bring my hemoglobin back up. I do take a multi vitamine but that is all I am allowed because many supplements and herbs, stops the efficiency of the drugs. No type of food is going to raise my hemoglobin or anything. It just comes w/ the territory. They are watching me like a hawk. I get blood work done at least once a week and my nurse calls me often.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm 

Judith wrote:
I'm looking up some websites to see if there's anything you can do in addition to what you're already doing to help support your treatment, and your immune system.

One of the websites said that a tanked immune system can actually force the virus to morph back to its original form, making it easier to kill the virus. Apparently it mutates in order to survive.

In the meantime, here's a web md article about alternative treatments the might be able to be used in conjunction with your conventional treatment. But only you and your doc can decide. I'm merely looking for good info for you to look at.

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/features ... treatments

I appreciate the ling and ll for herbal remedies. The thing is, I am not even allowed to take a fish oil pill. LOL

I do cook w/ healthy culinary herbs, that I got my nurses approval of. I am ok, I really am. I did not mean to scare you. LOL It is part of the symptoms. I am just mainly taking it easy. I am sleeping a lot, and Alan has been a huge blessing in taking up my slack around the house.

That is interesting about the immune system and the virus morphing back to it's original state. I have to make sure and not miss any med times and take them on time, because if I forget or something, it can cause the virus to mutate making the drugs useless. Right now the virus is undetectable, but that does not mean there isn't some particles hiding somewhere, so I have to keep on keeping on, so that I do not have a relapse. If I show no signs of the virus for 6 months or more it is doubtful it will return, but they are keeping me on tx for a year w/ is protocol for someone w/ Cirrhosis.Now it is not even definite that I have Cirrhosis. An ultra sound showed I did but their results cannot be totally trusted. I do not want a biopsy because the last one I had was a night mare (long story). Any how, my liver function is very good and functioning normally, so I doubt I have Cirrhosis.

At the worst, my body will not be able to withstand tx and they will stop tx. I still could be totally clear of the virus. it is all in God's hand. I kinda said a little prayer that I would clear the virus, and have to be taken off of tx, in 6 months instead of going for a year, so I can do my gardening in the Spring. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:00 pm 

Judith wrote:
Other things to do for you:

Get Sufficient Sleep – The immune system is replenished during the deep stages of sleep.
I do :) It is my favorite guilty pleasure :)[/quote]

Judith wrote:
· Wash Your Hands – Keeping your hands clean will reduce stress on the immune system by minimizing the microbes it must constantly battle.
Oh I do, you should see my Yoga moves in the public bathroom, of lowering the toilrt seet w/ my foot, then washing hands, holding hands up like a surgeon, (if the door opens to the inside), I open it w/ a paper towel then do a basket ball toss to get it in the trash. Why do they ever make public rest room doors open to the inside? LOL

Judith wrote:
· Follow a Balanced, Nutritious Diet – Eating well provides your immune system with the tools it needs to be in tip-top shape. Avoid sugar and the processed foods that harm immunity by suppressing crucial immune cells. If need be, consult a nutritionist for proper guidance.
I try but do not have much of an appetite. Sometimes I do well to drink a carnation instant breakfast because I have to eat w/ the meds. Peanut butter and home made blueberry/pomegranate jelly is my best friend. Oh and bananas.

Judith wrote:
· Avoid Toxins – Items toxic to your immune system include alcohol, cigarettes, chemicals and pollution. Toxins slow down and weaken the immune response. Consider an antioxidant and natural detoxifier such as Liv.52 to neutralize the toxins you encounter every day.
ok :)

Judith wrote:
· Reduce Stress – Finding ways to minimize stress reduces stress-related hormones from weakening the immune system.
I have a room that I fixed up, prior to tx. I call it my infirmary. It is in a building not connected to the cabin. It is totally quiet in there, has a very comfortable bed that the back adjusts. I have it painted and decorated in a calming manner. I go there to be alone, often. It is a wonderful place for me.

Judith wrote:
· Supplement – Consider supplementing your diet with a safe, energy enhancement solution product such as Fatigue Relief Plus. In addition to naturally replenishing energy to overcome the fatigue associated with HCV, it provides vitamins, minerals and probiotics to strengthen the body’s immune system.
I am only allowed a multi vitamin. I take Centrum for women.

Judith wrote:
Keeping your immune system as strong as possible is the key to longevity. Whether you are virus-free or not, fortifying your defenses can make the difference between developing acute or chronic viral hepatitis, as well as preventing liver disease progression.
I understand. This immune system thing is just temporary. I mainly need to watch out for germs especially stuff like ecoli, flue, colds. At least I live away from people and do not get around a lot of people on a daily basis. When I am in public, I assume everyone I see has the plague. LOL. Alan is wonderful too. Last night we went to Walmart. He grabbed a hand sanitizer wipe, and wiped down the shopping cart handle and seat real well. I would not have thought of it. I like to push the cart so I can lean on it. LOL We went to a bible study last night. We missed last week. Anyhow, one of the guys had, had a cold last week. I had on my mask. I made a joke that I was staying clear of him because he had a cold last week. He said, Its ok the cold is gone. Here we are playing praise music (he and I both play guitar) and I notice him getting the sniffles, and wipe his nose w/ his wrist and sleeve :( I did not know it but Alan noticed it too. After music and bible study the guy went to shake Alan's hand. Alan replied, "No think you, my wife does not need your germs." LOL Normally Alan would not be rude, but we strongly thing this guy is a masonic plant in our study anyway. This is not a bible study, from any church, it is a private one. Alan has lived here many years and knows the guy is a mason, and you can even see the imprint on where a ring should go on his middle finger. I seriously think the guy was making and attempt to spread his Germs through Alan to me.

Any how, I am trying to be careful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 pm 

Oh and thank you very very much for your post. It made me feel so good that you care and trying to help me :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

VW, do you have a health food store nearby? If so, I have high praise for Vitamin Code multivitamins. Conventional multivitamins are often poorly absorbed and contain forms of nutrients that aren't recognizable or bioavailable to the body.

Vitamin Code's multivitamins are derived from raw whole foods which are highly bio-available and have the synergistic co-factors necessary for absorption.

The ones I take not only have the vitamins and minerals, but a raw organic fruit, vegetable and sprout blend, probiotics, and enzyme activators. As it has been said, it is not what you eat, but what you absorb.

Just thought I'd mention it. :s_smile

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 pm 

Toshav wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

VW, do you have a health food store nearby? If so, I have high praise for Vitamin Code multivitamins. Conventional multivitamins are often poorly absorbed and contain forms of nutrients that aren't recognizable or bioavailable to the body.

Vitamin Code's multivitamins are derived from raw whole foods which are highly bio-available and have the synergistic co-factors necessary for absorption.

The ones I take not only have the vitamins and minerals, but a raw organic fruit, vegetable and sprout blend, probiotics, and enzyme activators. As it has been said, it is not what you eat, but what you absorb.

Just thought I'd mention it. :s_smile

Thanks I will check it out. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 pm 

I do like drinking that V8 Splash stuff that has daily fruits and veggies in them. I do not know if they are as good for you as they say though/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:58 am 

I just found out than in my case, anemia can be a good thing. LOL "Hepatitis C patients who develop anemia during treatment with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin are more likely to achieve a sustained virological response (SVR), according to data from the IDEAL trial published in the November 2010 issue of Gastroenterology. Both ribavirin dose reduction -- which did not decrease SVR -- and medications that stimulate red blood cell production may be used to manage anemia and help people stay on treatment, the study authors concluded."

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/ne ... 010_a.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm 

It sure sounds like you have your bases covered VW! Not that I doubted it...most of what was posted came from HepC websites.

I did think of something though, but I don't think they invented it yet lol! How about a sanitary wipe rug/mat for shoes? :s_crazy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm 

Judith wrote:
It sure sounds like you have your bases covered VW! Not that I doubted it...most of what was posted came from HepC websites.

I did think of something though, but I don't think they invented it yet lol! How about a sanitary wipe rug/mat for shoes? :s_crazy

Hey! That rug idea, isn't a bad on at all. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm 

If I could figure out how to do it, I could probably get rich lol! It would save a whole bunch of carpet and floor washing too!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:02 am 

Judith wrote:
If I could figure out how to do it, I could probably get rich lol! It would save a whole bunch of carpet and floor washing too!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=antibacter ... BR&pc=MOZI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 am 

Well! So much for THAT ideal!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 am 

Well! So much for THAT ideal! :bomb: :wink:

And I thought for just a moment I had a unique lightbulb thing going on lol! :yahoo: :angelwings: -

Thanks for the pages! Now I'll go and check it out!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 am 

oops..wonder why the angle wings icon doesn't work?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:50 pm 

Judith wrote:
Well! So much for THAT ideal! :bomb: :wink:

And I thought for just a moment I had a unique lightbulb thing going on lol! :yahoo: :angelwings: -

Thanks for the pages! Now I'll go and check it out!

LOL I didn't check out this links I bet it is a bunch of bull. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:31 pm 

Perhaps these rugs would be a good subject for "does it work?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 am 

Oh VW --- (((((HUGS)))))
I have had a break to have a baby and am now back -- I have organic calendula oil I just made...Please, let me send you some for your scalp.
Love you sister...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm 

MrsNesbit wrote:
Oh VW --- (((((HUGS)))))
I have had a break to have a baby and am now back -- I have organic calendula oil I just made...Please, let me send you some for your scalp.
Love you sister...

Wow Thanks. I will be growing Calendula next Spring. I did not know it was good for the scalp. Now, my scalping isn't itching quite as bad but my legs and stomach is driving me nuts. No rash, just very dry skin and itching. I bought some hydrocortozone cream, and a moisturizing lotion w/ aloe. I am trying the cream on my legs 1st and waiting to make sure I do not have a reaction before putting it anywhere else. Then I will try the cream.

How is your baby? Girl, boy? Healthy I pray. My daughter had a baby girl the day before Thanks giving :) I hope you are healing well.

Anna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:52 am 

Congrats Anna on becoming a grandma!

Baby girl :) 9 p 14oz.

20 1/2' long

homebirth..went fast. I'm healed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm 

MrsNesbit wrote:
Congrats Anna on becoming a grandma!

Baby girl :) 9 p 14oz.

20 1/2' long

homebirth..went fast. I'm healed. :)

That is awesome :) What a blessing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm 

It's not everyplace that home births happen. I'm so glad you got to have your child at home! I LOVE home births. I've been to many as I actually got to work with a home birthing team, once upon a long time ago! :)

Nice big baby, too! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm 

VW, I haven't forgotten the Jerusalem artichokes. They're dug up and sitting in bushel baskets in the garage. I want to dry them a bit before sending them out so they don't soak the box through in transit. There are two varieties, a golden colored root and a red root. The weather has been wet wet wet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 am 

priest wrote:
VW, I haven't forgotten the Jerusalem artichokes. They're dug up and sitting in bushel baskets in the garage. I want to dry them a bit before sending them out so they don't soak the box through in transit. There are two varieties, a golden colored root and a red root. The weather has been wet wet wet.

LOL thanks. I don't know if I will will be able to get them in the ground now. We have been having winter storms and the ground is frozen. :) I might start them inside as a house plant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 am 

The roots will keep for a long time in a cool dry place. Do you have snowcover? If so, the ground should not stay frozen. If the ground is too frozen and there is some thawing in Feb, or march or even April they'll do just fine. My red variety, when I first obtained the roots, got lost in the garage from September till April. When I found them I had my son go and put them in the ground and they sprang up and did great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am 

priest wrote:
The roots will keep for a long time in a cool dry place. Do you have snowcover? If so, the ground should not stay frozen. If the ground is too frozen and there is some thawing in Feb, or march or even April they'll do just fine. My red variety, when I first obtained the roots, got lost in the garage from September till April. When I found them I had my son go and put them in the ground and they sprang up and did great.

Ok, sounds great. Uh, in Wisconsin, you can several inches of frozen ground w/ snow on it. We have been having cold weather. LOL

I know I had potatoes that kept in the basement all winter, and grew when planted in the following Spring. That would be awesome. Alan has an auger so I will try to plant them; if it is too frozen I will store them in the basement till we have a thaw (indian summer or something. :)

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 am 

Judith wrote:
It's not everyplace that home births happen. I'm so glad you got to have your child at home! I LOVE home births. I've been to many as I actually got to work with a home birthing team, once upon a long time ago! :)

Nice big baby, too! Congrats!!

Thanks Judith!
She is #4 at home for us, and my second largest (third babe was 10 4...fat squishes lol) but she was my first home birth after the still born I attended as a doula 3 years ago. I had a lot of fear and felt like I was dying this time around.

To tell you the truth, I think I am scared of birth now. Isn't that bad? Do it four times, help@ births through the years and now...I'm scared of it.

Silliest thing!
I did find some healing and if there is ever another babe (we leave our fert. in His hands which is a HUGE act of faith for us) than I know I'll be strong..

(((((((HUGS Anna)))))) How you doing? Do you want me to send you some calendula oil?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next