Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:13 pm 

"It will come as a shock to many good people that not only is this teaching not in the Bible, but that it was originated by the Bible's worst enemies. If Christians would only study God's Word, coming to the Bible with an open mind instead of coming with their heads filled with the teachings of human and fallible men whom they treat as if inspired, they would not be so readily 'carried away with [this] wind of doctrine"...

Entire study here:

http://www.mashiyach.com/rapture.htm

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:56 pm 

I agree with you big time. I have done a lot of study into this topic and every verse, I have been given to support it was taken out of context and most of the time, the context either came directly before the verse used to support it or directly after.

What are these people going to do when they realize that they were not raptured?

Are they going to feel that god, abandoned them?

I went to a church (United Church Of God) once and during the sermon the preacher stated that he did not know if there was a rapture or not. That was my last time at that church and when I started looking into this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:14 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
I agree with you big time. I have done a lot of study into this topic and every verse, I have been given to support it was taken out of context and most of the time, the context either came directly before the verse used to support it or directly after.

What are these people going to do when they realize that they were not raptured?

I went to a church (United Church Of God) once and during the sermon the preacher stated that he did not know if there was a rapture or not. That was my last time at that church and when I started looking into this.

When we were active in the AoG church the pastor talked [not in sermons just when we were having a conversation] about the rapture all the time. He'd say something such as, "The a/c can have my new truck when I leave it behind." And then he'd grin a big grin.

I already didn't believe in a rapture so I didn't say anything, but Mike did believe the pastor. So after we left this church I challenged Mike to study the Scriptures with an open mind and see for himself if he could find a rapture there.

A few days later he came to me and said, "Wow, you're right. I didn't find it there either."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 am 

Yeah the rapture teaching just boggles my mind. I haven't watched the video yet that Temu posted. This computer is just too slow for videos. I plan on it in a few days, when I replace my broken laptop.

That is one false doctrine that is pretty easy to refute but you show that to many pre-trib. rapturist and they still will not believe you.

Very frustrating and sad.

Will these people feel they are left behind and forsaken one day? There are many scary things that could be the outcomes of this deception.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:39 am 

I remember a few years back hearing on the radio one fellow saying that there was a claim that the "rapture" was the "falling away" in Revalations. :shok: Yes, the "falling away" is the "rapture", in that the "saints" will "fall away" from this earth, being caught up in the "great falling away" :s_crazy . You just can NOT make this stuff up. Wow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:38 am 

temu wrote:
"It will come as a shock to many good people that not only is this teaching not in the Bible, but that it was originated by the Bible's worst enemies. If Christians would only study God's Word, coming to the Bible with an open mind instead of coming with their heads filled with the teachings of human and fallible men whom they treat as if inspired, they would not be so readily 'carried away with [this] wind of doctrine"...

Entire study here:

THUMB! :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm 

Awesome article, temu! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm 

The non-rapture will be the falling away.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm 

armourbearer wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

When we were active in the AoG church the pastor talked [not in sermons just when we were having a conversation] about the rapture all the time. He'd say something such as, "The a/c can have my new truck when I leave it behind." And then he'd grin a big grin.

I already didn't believe in a rapture so I didn't say anything, but Mike did believe the pastor. So after we left this church I challenged Mike to study the Scriptures with an open mind and see for himself if he could find a rapture there.

A few days later he came to me and said, "Wow, you're right. I didn't find it there either."

That is why I left AoG also. Too many teach false doctrine. I don't know what any one else believes and I am not sure many call it a real rapture, but I was taught that just before the Wrath of God, between trumpet 6 and 7, I think it is, the saints will be called up to meet Jesus in the sky.

When you look at it like that, then you know you need to be prepared for some pretty hard times a comin'!!

The one left behind, to me, isn't a seprate event.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm 

temu wrote:

Entire study here:

been away from here, no reason, just lazy or slack...but found this thread today & reminds me why I really do like this place!!!

Cheers Temu (man you gotta be sick of me thanking ya) :yahoo:

I never really looked closely at the pre/post rapture thing, and kinda embarassed myself when I asked myself, if after the next church service a newish Christian says to me "whats the deal with rapture?"

It was then that my "Oh well God'll take care of the details" that I realised what a dangerous position I was in, how easily I could get bent into the wrong direction & I'd defend the indefensjible quite strongly if I wasn't really careful

So lucky for me going from a sincere no real position to a full on check it out and work it out path

Part of me thinks I'm gunna come out with a "Phew that was close!!!"