PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:07 am 

Beautiful stuff.

When you gonna get a real shotgun? :mrgreen:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. :drinks:

Thanks for sharing.

Joshua 24:14-15

Post subject: Re: Life on the Bayou
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am 

Nice pics! Thanks! I bet you got 1001 duck recipes?

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:16 pm 

Is that Peking duck up there? At first I wondered what they were peeking at :wacko: ..just kidding :rofl:

Somewhere around the storage shed I do have a recipe for Peking Duck. I used to make it at least once a month, but I think it's a better recipe for domestics. Wilds aren't quite as fat and tender since they actually have to work to stay alive.

My brother used to like to hunt, till one day I made him clean his kill...and that was the end of the hunting, for him lol! I didn't mind cleaning it, but I have a policy. If you aren't going to eat what you kill, then you have no business killing it in the first place. And the first stage of eating it is cleaning it, and he didn't know how to clean it. So, I taught him. :angelwings: I still chuckle over that one. :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
Temu, that would only be about 100 duck recipes..... 1001 ways to cook gator, catfish, pork, shrimp and crawfish :twisted: too bad they're all in the garbage now. ;)

Joshua, that very gun in the picture kept my next door neighbor from stealing from me..... interested in a short story?

I enjoy your short stories......

and I always enjoy a story that involves firearms used for good reasons....

yes, please

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:45 pm 

Motion seconded, DM! I'm interested, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 am 

Wow-Love and forgiveness at work. FATHER'S way of peaceful living; I wait for the day when it will be the norm and not the exception. Thank you, DM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 pm 

duckman,

that is wonderful, friend

Praise God!

I'm so happy you were obedient to Him and did it His way. I too battle within myself in those sorts of situations.

That is an awesome testimony and I am blessed you shared it, thank you.

Luke 6:29
29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.

It has been difficult, at times, for me to live out Luke 6:29

Praise God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm 

Just where is that thanks button anyway?

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:15 pm 

Man, I just saw this. Pretty cool. Beautiful pics. Not a duck eater, though, but I'd be the weirdo sipping whiskey, cracking jokes... :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
Well, though I couldn't see it then, I believe that God was among us to leave examples that goes contrary to what way or method we'd like things to go.

I have this neighbor, about 6'2" and 450lbs, a really big dude who I believe was stealing from me. I had an atv, a chainsaw, a weedeater, aluminum 4-wheeler ramps, two pure bred dogs stolen, and he shot my cat.

I had no proof that it was him who had done this, that is until his mom said that she saw him shoot a white cat and said that he was bringing "Buster" (our stolen dog) to a man who was going to give him $50 for it.

I had steam flowing out my ears I was so furious when I found this out, I went and confronted him about his, and he just said "no I didn't". I told him what his mom said, he said "she lied". What are you supposed to do????

I used to shoot shotgun sports competitively and mostly shoot Italian guns with most of them being in the $2000 price range. I kept these guns immaculate and cleaned them after each event.

Then, bricks fell on my head it would seem, I believed I was walking in lawlessnes, got into covenant with the Almighty, I quit shooting shotgun sports that were almost exclusively held on the Sabbath..and one day he said he wanted to come hunting with me. He had no money for shotgun shells, so I gave him a case of shells.

His gun would be stolen from him (karma, :lol: haha, joking, but his gun really was stolen from him), and he was invited to a hunt and he had no gun. I went and picked out my best waterfowl autoloader, handed it to him and said, "treat it like it's yours".

To see the look on his face was something that I haven't witnessed too often. What I do know is, I have never had anything ever stolen from me again, he's constantly checking in to see if I need help with anything.

I do know this: if we would have duked it out in his yard, my method of resolution...I really believe that he would have never had a change of heart.. I believe that it was God among us who gave us that example; it at the time, certainly wasn't my way of doing things. Glad I didn't handle that issue my way. :)

Man, you got a lot of strength and patience. Halleluyah! I'll be honest, if I ever run into the pack of wild Mexicans that stole all my landscaping gear in 2001, I fear I'd do it a little bit differently. Thieves that steal a man's livelihood ought to be hung up from the tallest tree in my book...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
the weirdo would be the only one not sipping whiskey (lol). You'd fit right in 8-)

Niiiiice! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 am 

Beautiful pics.

Although, I'm beginning to think that the ducks are just an excuse for grown men to build tree houses. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:54 am 

Oh, Joshua! Funny! Looks seriously fun, thuogh.