Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 am 

That was an amazing post, thank you, it's not often I get to read anything this in depth and unifying math, science, creation and G-d. I've always beheld that all were one in the same, but living in the south, sometimes you can get into trouble thinking like that.

The only question at this point would be into regard of circumcision of the heart and what that entails. I look forward to the response when you have a chance :) Yah Bless

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm 

DM,
that was an amazing piece of work.
Thank you.
Shalom

Yeh-va-reh-cheh-cha Yahveh veh-yeesh-meh-reh-cha
Ya-air Yahveh pa-naiv ay-leych-cha vee-chu-neh-cha
Yee-sa Yahveh pa-nahv ay-leyh-cha veh-ya-same leh-cha
Shalom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm 

Duckman! Good to see you back rollin, my friend. How goes it down in the bayou?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 pm 

Duckman, it really is good to see you back. Your posts always challenge me.

Blessings

Joshua 24:14-15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:31 pm 

:s_whiteflag Good to see ya Ducks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am 

priest wrote:
Nabi and Jon, good stuff as usual. Sometime though, in another thread, I'd like to midrash about what it means to be the image of YHVH. Maybe it can pull together some of the differences between who Yeshua is in regard to the Father.....or it may change my mind. :s_wink

The best teaching I've seen on the "image of God" is by Michael Heiser, PhD, who has a doctorate in ancient Semitic languages. Although he claims to be a Trinitarian, much of what he teaches is difficult to reconcile with traditional Trinitarianism.

Here is Heiser's teaching on the "image" on YouTube:

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_K3OEx6Lg

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHh8JvFnlM

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNL7lrrzp4s

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCv9Z1_u-Pc

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ38x_PVcXE

Genesis & Creation: Image of God - Michael Heiser-Part 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqZLr748Po

I think it would be beneficial for those seeking an understanding of WHAT the image of God is to watch these videos and consider his explanation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 pm 

Here is Heiser's conclusion on what being made in the image of God really means:

Quote:
The image of God then, refers to our unique status as human beings, rulers in God's stead, according to His own will. We are created AS His image - to function as He would were He administering His own affairs directly. Our abilities - unequally given to us in the Providence of God are not THE image, but only a means to carrying out His expressed and often secret end.

The videos linked above present Heiser's logic and the Scriptures supporting his conclusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
Joshua thanks for inviting me here, I certainly feel blessed by befriending much of you. Unfortunately I have time for maybe just a few more posts then I'm done here. It's time to get prepared because the long spiritual night of the third day of creation has just about worn it's course.

Ben I'll comment on how spiritual circumcision matters and the significance of the seal of righteousness in regards to the Holy Breath of God.

Jon... I'm getting that bayou ready for you when that famine strikes Texas and you'll have to leave...better know a thing or two about chickens though {:

Hey Ms. Judy...like Dorothy told the scarecrow "I think I've missed you most of all...", well almost like she told him (:

Hey P..

I love you, bro. I am pretty much like Temu in my homestead, dug in like a tick. If famine hits my hood, I guess I will last until the needy run out. My gals lay about two dozen eggs a day at this point. I'm giving them away regularly...

BUT I would very much like to visit you in Louisiana (that's a killer song by Asleep At The Wheel too!). Do you fish on the bayou or Gulf?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm 

This is a very good thread by the way.

What are the opinions of the brethren concerning the Ancient of Days and the "one like the Son of Man" appearing before him in Daniel 7. I see two individuals here, but you know me... Holographic Universe Theory makes me think those two beings are timeless images of themselves looking through an ethereal mirror, the Ruach Ha'Kodesh is the google plex of images between the two like a tube of pictures of Light...

What say you? Who are these two?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:

What are the opinions of the brethren concerning the Ancient of Days and the "one like the Son of Man" appearing before him in Daniel 7. I see two individuals here, but you know me... Holographic Universe Theory makes me think those two beings are timeless images of themselves looking through an ethereal mirror, the Ruach Ha'Kodesh is the google plex of images between the two like a tube of pictures of Light...

Ancient of Days = YHVH the Father

Son of Man = Yeshua the Son

As for your HUT, I'm too clueless to comment :-)...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm 

nabi wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE, and yet, believe that they are one and the same! :biggrin:

So, who are the Spirit and Bride in Revelation 22?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:28 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
I hear you on the homestead thing...

Disciples are to be "light" as a candle in an era of darkness, and the "salt" of the earth. The light of a candle can be seen for miles away, and a gathering of much "light" is a bonfire, not quite what scripture says in regards to disciples. Disciples are scattered abroad, just as salt gives food it's saltiness. Salt disappears into the food and is not seen, for if it's seen in the food then the food is rendered useless...to salty and fit for nothing.

That video takes me way back...way back to my bar room brawling days where all I did was stay in trouble. Roddy Romero is a local; I've watched him grow up and danced in bars when he was too young to legally be playing in there. The memories of the "good ole days" is something that I let go a long time ago.

Now that I think about it...I'm not too sure if they were really all that good lol.. Had some rough ones, lucky to still be alive.

Well thanks for not helping with the chickens you punk. (: I'm building my coop right now.

I fish the bayou, lakes, gulf and the marshes. I went to Sam Rayburn a few weeks ago, have a good friend up there.

Peace to you Jon my friend..

I can help you with chickens, my friend. Any advice you need, etc. I have 35 birds, including six roosters. But I fear that three of my roos will see the cone of shame soon...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
nabi wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE, and yet, believe that they are one and the same! :biggrin:

So, who are the Spirit and Bride in Revelation 22?

In the Bible, "spirit" comes from the Hebrew ruach and the Greek pneuma. These words are basically synonymous and have been translated in a variety of different ways.

According to Strong's, the KJV renders ruach as: 1) wind, breath, mind, spirit 1a) breath 1b) wind 1b1) of heaven 1b2) quarter (of wind), side 1b3) breath of air 1b4) air, gas 1b5) vain, empty thing 1c) spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or agitation) 1c1) spirit, animation, vivacity, vigour 1c2) courage 1c3) temper, anger 1c4) impatience, patience 1c5) spirit, disposition (as troubled, bitter, discontented) 1c6) disposition (of various kinds), unaccountable or uncontrollable impulse 1c7) prophetic spirit 1d) spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals) 1d1) as gift, preserved by God, God's spirit, departing at death, disembodied being 1e) spirit (as seat of emotion) 1e1) desire 1e2) sorrow, trouble 1f) spirit 1f1) as seat or organ of mental acts 1f2) rarely of the will 1f3) as seat especially of moral character 1g) spirit of God 1g1) as inspiring ecstatic state of prophecy 1g2) as impelling prophet to utter instruction or warning 1g3) imparting warlike energy and executive and administrative power 1g4) as endowing men with various gifts 1g5) as energy of life 1g6) ancient angel and later Shekinah.

The KJV translates pneuma as: 1) a movement of air (a gentle blast 1a) of the wind, hence the wind itself 1b) breath of nostrils or mouth 2) the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated 2a) the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides 2b) the soul 3) a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting 3a) a life giving spirit 3b) a human soul that has left the body 3c) a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel 3c1) used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men 3c2) the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ 4) of God 4a) God's power and agency distinguishable in thought from his essence in itself considered 4a1) manifest in the course of affairs 4a2) by its influence upon the souls productive in the theocratic body (the church) of all the higher spiritual gifts and blessings 4a3) the third person of the trinity, the God the Holy Spirit 5) the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one 5a) the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.

Clearly these words have expansive meanings and are difficult to define except by context. A major feature of ruach and pneuma seems to be lack of visibility in the physical realm. Beings that exist in the realm which is invisible to humans (the "spiritual realm") are called SPIRITS. In the Bible, we see that living beings can be composed of flesh as well as spirit. The Scriptures show that normally invisible spirit beings can manifest in the physical world at times.

The Bible teaches that there are three distinct parts to man: (1) BODY, (2) SPIRIT, and (3) SOUL (1 The. 5:23). I believe that spirit beings follow the same pattern also. These three parts are interrelated, but different.

(1) BODY - The body of man is flesh composed of the same physical elements that make up the earth (i.e., "dust"). The body of a spirit being is composed of spirit; it is the same type of body as YHVH the Father (John 4:24). We are told that before his incarnation, Messiah Yeshua existed in the same spirit FORM (Gr. morphe) as God the Father; however, he gave up his existence in spirit form to become a lesser form, man:

Quote:
PHILIPPIANS 2:5 ...Christ Jesus,
6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. (ESV)

The difference in these two FORMS (i.e., types of bodies) is one of quality. Yeshua is called the firstborn from the dead (Col. 1:18; Rev. 1:5) and the first fruit of those who have fallen asleep (1 Cor. 15:20) because he is the only FLESHLY being ever brought back to life in a SPIRIT body. This type of transformation won't occur again until the "first resurrection" of the saints at the last trumpet (1 Cor. 15:50-53; Rev. 20:5-6).

(2) SPIRIT - The spirit within men (and also angels) is the counterpart of the Holy Spirit. Paul explains that the Spirit of God is actually God's mind:

Quote:
1 CORINTHIANS 2:9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" -
10 but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit which is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. (NIV)

Combined with the human brain (or the angelic equivalent), the spirit gives consciousness and cognition. It is referred to in the Scriptures as the "mind" (Deu. 30:1; 1 Chr. 22:7; Psa. 26:2; 73:21) or "heart" (Gen. 6:5; Job 17:4; Dan. 2:30; Mark 7:21; Heb. 4:12).

A good comparison of the relationship between a body (whether flesh or spiritual) and a spirit/mind is a computer system. The body is like computer hardware (CPU, motherboard, hard drive, speakers, monitor, etc.) and the spirit/mind is like computer software (operating system, word processing, spreadsheet, web browser, etc.). Just as computer hardware without software doesn't do anything, computer software can only function when working in combination with the hardware.

So also it is with the body and the spirit/mind. God gives each person (physical or spiritual) a spirit/mind (Ecc. 12:7; Matt. 27:50; John 19:30; Acts 7:59). The body without the spirit/mind is dead (Jam. 2:26). Without a living body (either mortal or spiritual) to interact with, the spirit/mind is unconscious, in a state similar to sleep. This is why the Bible so often speaks of death being like sleep. At the time of resurrection, God sends the spirits/minds of the dead back to inhabit their reformed bodies again (Eze. 37:10; Luke 8:55). These spirits/minds will be rejoined to fleshly bodies in some instances, and spiritual bodies in others.

(3) SOUL - The soul is the combination of the body and the spirit. It is the whole being; one's character, nature, disposition, temperament, and personality. Men (and angels) do not have souls, man (and angels) ARE souls:

Quote:
GENESIS 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (RWB)

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45 So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (NASB)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 pm 

OK, I wrote all the post above about SPIRIT in order to support what I'm about to say about God's Holy Spirit. I believe that YHVH the Father is non-physical, composed of SPIRIT (John 4:24, Phi. 2:6-8). However, Scripture shows that He does have a BODY, and that His body is located in a place called "heaven." Specifically, YHVH's body is situated on His throne in the Holy of Holies in the heavenly Temple (1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chr. 18:18; Psa. 11:4; 103:19; Isa. 66:1; Matt. 5:34; 23:22; Acts 7:49; Rev. 4:2; 5:13; 16:17).

So how does YHVH the Father exist everywhere within His creation? In other words, how is YHVH omnipresent?

Through His Holy Spirit (or Mind). From His throne in heaven, YHVH projects Himself throughout the created universe by the power of His Holy Spirit/Mind. This is why David said there was nowhere he could go to escape God's Spirit:

Quote:
PSALM 139:7 Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to You; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with You. (ESV)

YHVH confirms to Jeremiah that He fills the heavens and the earth (Jer. 23:24), but He doesn't say HOW He does this. David's statement in Psalm 139:7 gives us the answer. YHVH fills the heavens and the earth by His Spirit/Mind.

YHVH the Father is a being composed of spirit who has a SPIRIT/MIND that is called the Holy Spirit.

Yeshua the Messiah, the son of YHVH the Father, is an independent spirit-composed being who has his own separate SPIRIT/MIND. However, Yeshua also has the SPIRIT/MIND of YHVH the Father fully dwelling within him. It is this indwelling of YHVH the Father's SPIRIT/MIND that makes Yeshua one with the Father:

Quote:
JOHN 17:11 "I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by the power of Your name - the name You gave me - so that they may be ONE as we are ONE." (NIV)

How could Yeshua's disciples be ONE in the same way that Yeshua and YHVH the Father were ONE? Through the indwelling of YHVH the Father's Holy Spirit/Mind.

Quote:
JOHN 17:20 "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
21 that they may all be ONE, just as You, Father, are in me, and I in You, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that You have sent me.
22 The glory that You have given me I have given to them, that they may be ONE even as we are ONE,
23 I in them and You in me, that they may become perfectly ONE, so that the world may know that You sent me and loved them even as You loved me." (ESV)

How could all believers become ONE just as Yeshua and YHVH were ONE (v. 22)? He tells us (v. 23): Yeshua in them and YHVH in Yeshua; it was this method that would make them "perfectly one" just as Yeshua and YHVH the Father were one.

Physical humans who are called and converted by YHVH have their own SPIRITS/MINDS, but they also have a measure of the SPIRITS/MINDS of YHVH and His mediator, Yeshua, dwelling within them. Paul tells us that it is through having YHVH's and Yeshua's SPIRITS/MINDS dwelling within their own SPIRITS/MINDS that God's people are changed from their carnal natures to spiritual/godly natures:

Quote:
ROMANS 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's Law; indeed, it cannot.
8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. (ESV)

Here Paul tells us that those led by their carnal human natures cannot please God. It takes the indwelling of the Holy Spirit/Mind of YHVH (and the Messiah) to allow us to obey God. Since Messiah is the sole mediator between God and mankind (1 Tim. 2:5), both YHVH's Holy Spirit/Mind and Messiah's Spirit/Mind (which are unified as one in goal and purpose) are present in believers. This explains why Paul sometimes uses them interchangeably (Rom. 8:9-11; 1 Cor. 2:16; Phi. 1:19; 2:5).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm 

duckman1968 wrote:
Awesome nabi.. as usual.

Peace friend..

Shalom achi!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:44 am 

I have not made up my mind on the trinitarian thing yet. I go back and forth with it.

But, let me throw this at you:

Quote:
The theory of God is prefaced by a development of the view that human knowledge arises by degrees from the merest sensuous impressions to the most subtle concepts; so that the idea of the divine, which transcends all other knowledge in subtlety, is itself a proof of its verity. The concept of God as a creator necessarily implies the attributes of life, power, and knowledge. In like manner the concept of the Creator demonstrates the unity of God. For this view three direct and three indirect proofs are offered by Saadia (Gaon), the latter consisting in demonstrating that dualism is absurd.

The thesis of the absolute unity of God is established by a refutation of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which arises, in Saadia's opinion, from a misinterpretation of the three attributes of God already named: life, power, and knowledge. Connected with the refutation of the dogma of the Trinity is an outline of the various theories respecting the person of Jesus that reveals an accurate knowledge of Christian controversies.

Link

And there is this parable:

"Is it possible that God, of whom It's written, 'Don't I fill heaven and earth?' should have spoken to Moses from between the staves of the ark?" Said the Rabbi, "bring me large mirrors." When he brought them, the rabbi said to him, "look at your reflection. He looked, and he saw they were large." Then he said, "bring me small mirrors." He looked and he saw they were small. Then the rabbi said, "If you, a man of flesh and blood can change yourself into many shapes at your pleasure, surely God who created the world can do so."

And I will end with this thought:

Midrash Tanchuma to Exodus says the following:

"Exodus 19 starts with the words, "In the third month." This is explained by the words of Proverbs 22:20, "Have I not written to thee, threefold excellent things in counsels and knowledge." On this, Rabbi Joshua bar Nehemiah said that this is the Torah who's letters are threefold, alf, bet, gimel, and everything is a trinity.

The Torah is trinitarian, for it is composed of the Torah, the Prophets, and Writings.

The Mishna (talmudical learning) is a trinity composed of talmud (learning), halakhot (daily Jewish laws), and haggadot (historical items).

The mediator consisted of a trinity of Miriam, Moses, and Aaron.

Prayers are a trinity of morning, afternoon, and evening prayers.

Israel is a trinity consisting of Priests, Levites, and Israelites.

The name Moses, in Hebrew, consists of three letters.

He is of the tribe of Levi, which is in the Hebrew, three letters, from the seed of the Patriarchs who are a trinity of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; in the third month, which is Sivan, after Nisan and Iyar, on Mount Sin, whose letters are three, as it is written, "And they rested in the wilderness of Sin.""

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 am 

And of course, you have this:

The Shema - Sh'ma Yisra'el YHVH Eloheinu YHVH Eḥad

The Zohar says in regards to the three divine names in the first verse of the Shema - "These represent the unity of three powers in the Godhead, that is the Sefirot of Lovingkindness, Judgment, and Beauty (Hesed, Gevurah, Tiferet), symbolized by the colors white, red, and green, or the Sefirot of Wisdom, Understanding, and Beauty (Hokhmah, Binah, Tiferet; Zohar 1:18b, 3:263a)

^^Note the trinities^^

Soncino Zohar states:

"On the word (Elohim) Simeon Ben Joachi says: 'Come and see the mystery of the word (Elohim) there are three degrees, and each degree is by itself alone, and yet they are all one, and joined together in one, and are not divided from each other.
. . .
The union is expressed in the sentence: 'Hear O Israel, YHVH Elohenu YHVH is one.' These three are one.
. . .
Even so it's with the mystery of the threefold Divine manifestations designated by "YHVH Elohenu YHVH." Three modes yet they form one unity."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:16 pm 

Yikes! :)