Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
It is the distinction between the roots and the trunk, the trunk and the limbs, the limbs and the leaves...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
The answer is in the last line of the passage...

"All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

Keeping the thing in context, Yeshua is speaking of the Counselor, His Father. Who is this Spirit that is declaring all truth? It is the spirit of the Father.

I cor 3:16 "Know ye not that you are the temple of God and that God's spirit dwells in you?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
priest wrote:
The answer is in the last line of the passage...

"All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

Keeping the thing in context, Yeshua is speaking of the Counselor, His Father. Who is this Spirit that is declaring all truth? It is the spirit of the Father.

I cor 3:16 "Know ye not that you are the temple of God and that God's spirit dwells in you?"


Oh, and I almost left out Messiah....

Is 9:6 And His name shall be called wonderful, councillor, mighty God, Everlasting Father, prince of peace.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles; which is Christ in you.

So which one is it that indwells us? Three gods or One?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
Shema Y'israel YHVH Eloheinu YHVH echad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
Texas Jon wrote:
It is the distinction between the roots and the trunk, the trunk and the limbs, the limbs and the leaves...
As roots, trunk, limbs, and leaves are different parts of a tree, do you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts of a larger entity?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Trans Am wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
It is the distinction between the roots and the trunk, the trunk and the limbs, the limbs and the leaves...
As roots, trunk, limbs, and leaves are different parts of a tree, do you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts of a larger entity?


Yeah, maybe you could say that, although the term "larger" might not do. Elohim is Echad, as in the Shema:

Shema Israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad.
Hear O Israel, The Sovereign Diety, The Sovereign is ONE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Texas Jon wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
It is the distinction between the roots and the trunk, the trunk and the limbs, the limbs and the leaves...
As roots, trunk, limbs, and leaves are different parts of a tree, do you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts of a larger entity?


Yeah, maybe you could say that, although the term "larger" might not do. Elohim is Echad, as in the Shema:

Shema Israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad.
Hear O Israel, The Sovereign Diety, The Sovereign is ONE.


I love you achi, but I absolutely disagree with you on this...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
Texas Jon wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
It is the distinction between the roots and the trunk, the trunk and the limbs, the limbs and the leaves...
As roots, trunk, limbs, and leaves are different parts of a tree, do you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts of a larger entity?


Yeah, maybe you could say that, although the term "larger" might not do. Elohim is Echad, as in the Shema:

Shema Israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad.
Hear O Israel, The Sovereign Diety, The Sovereign is ONE.

Would you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts one entity? I'm just trying to pin down what you precisely believe on this point, and I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, define the term person, as you understand or use it in this context.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Trans Am wrote:
Would you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts one entity? I'm just trying to pin down what you precisely believe on this point, and I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, define the term person, as you understand or use it in this context.


Yes, different parts, one entity. I am a father, I am a son, I am a husband. One person.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
With whom and why, Bro Nabi?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Texas Jon wrote:
With whom and why, Bro Nabi?

With you, brother Jon. There is only one true unbegotten God (John 17:3) who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see (1 Tim. 6:16). The one true God sent His Son, the Messiah Yeshua (John 17:3) to this earth as a human. Although the Son is the express image of the Father (2 Cor. 4:4; Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:2-3), the Father is greater than the Son (John 14:28; 1 Cor. 11:3; 15:24-28; Phi. 2:6-11). They are separate beings united by the Father's Spirit (John 10:30; 17:11, 20-23); they are NOT parts of some larger whole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Texas Jon wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
Would you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts one entity? I'm just trying to pin down what you precisely believe on this point, and I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, define the term person, as you understand or use it in this context.


Yes, different parts, one entity. I am a father, I am a son, I am a husband. One person.


That may be, Brother Jon, but you are not your own father, your own son, and your own spouse. You assume each of those roles in relation to others, not in relation to yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:36 am
Posts: 355
nabi,

I always appreciate reading your posts and they always get me thinking, so thanks.

Would you sum up for me what you are saying is different than what Texas Jon said. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

I've read that last post over and over and can't quite come to the meaning.

Thank you

Joshua

_________________
Joshua 24:14-15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
joshua79109 wrote:
nabi,

I always appreciate reading your posts and they always get me thinking, so thanks.

Would you sum up for me what you are saying is different than what Texas Jon said. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

I've read that last post over and over and can't quite come to the meaning.

Thank you

Joshua


Thanks for the kind words, Joshua. I certainly don't intend to denigrate my brother Jon in any way with my disagreement. My point is that the one we know as Messiah Yeshua is NOT God the Father manifested in a fleshly form, but rather His Son (a separate offspring, not simply a reduced part of the whole). Yeshua is the IMAGE of God the Father, but he is a different being/person. They are ONE because Yeshua has the same godly character as his Father, and Yeshua seeks to accomplish the goals of his Father, not fulfill his own will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
Texas Jon wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
Would you say that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are different parts one entity? I'm just trying to pin down what you precisely believe on this point, and I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, define the term person, as you understand or use it in this context.


Yes, different parts, one entity.

By affirming a composite entity composed of three parts, you have just negated the pure actuality of God. What this means is that your god is not First Mover- not First Cause. See Aquinas' Summa Contra Gentiles on this point:
http://dhspriory.org/thomas/ContraGentiles1.htm#18

Texas Jon wrote:
I am a father

Father of whom?

Texas Jon wrote:
I am a son

Son of whom?
Texas Jon wrote:
I am a husband.

??
Texas Jon wrote:
One person.

:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw

Quote:
Now, many many years ago
When I was twenty three
I was married to a widow
Who was pretty as could be

This widow had a grown-up daughter
Had hair of red
My father fell in love with her
And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law
And changed my very life
My daughter was my mother
'Cause she was my father's wife

To complicate the matters
Even though it brought me joy
I soon became the father
Of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became
A brother-in-law to dad
And so became my uncle
Though it made me very sad

For if he was my uncle
That also made him the brother
Of the widow's grown-up daughter
Who, of course, was my step-mother

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa
It sounds funny I know
But it really is so
I'm my own grandpa

My father's wife then had a son
That kept them on the run
And he became my grandchild
For he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother
And it makes me blue
Because, she is my wife
She's my grandmother too

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa
It sounds funny I know
But it really is so
I'm my own grandpa

Now, if my wife is my grandmother
Then, I am her grandchild
And every time I think of it
It nearly drives me wild

For now I have become
The strangest case you ever saw
As the husband of my grandmother
I am my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa
It sounds funny I know
But it really is so
I'm my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa
I'm my own grandpa
It sounds funny I know
But it really is so
I'm my own grandpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Trans Am wrote:
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.


Why is Jesus called the Son of God the Father instead of the Son of the Holy Spirit?

Quote:
MATTHEW 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found WITH CHILD OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. (NKJV)

MATTHEW 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for THAT WHICH IS CONCEIVED IN HER IS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. (NKJV)







Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Trans Am wrote:
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.


Did Jesus possess both divine and human natures while he was on the earth as a man?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:36 am
Posts: 355
nabi wrote:
joshua79109 wrote:
nabi,

I always appreciate reading your posts and they always get me thinking, so thanks.

Would you sum up for me what you are saying is different than what Texas Jon said. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

I've read that last post over and over and can't quite come to the meaning.

Thank you

Joshua


Thanks for the kind words, Joshua. I certainly don't intend to denigrate my brother Jon in any way with my disagreement. My point is that the one we know as Messiah Yeshua is NOT God the Father manifested in a fleshly form, but rather His Son (a separate offspring, not simply a reduced part of the whole). Yeshua is the IMAGE of God the Father, but he is a different being/person. They are ONE because Yeshua has the same godly character as his Father, and Yeshua seeks to accomplish the goals of his Father, not fulfill his own will.



I see, thank you.

_________________
Joshua 24:14-15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 548
Nabi and Jon, good stuff as usual. Sometime though, in another thread, I'd like to midrash about what it means to be the image of YHVH. Maybe it can pull together some of the differences between who Yeshua is in regard to the Father.....or it may change my mind. :s_wink


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:45 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Trans Am wrote:
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.


We are currently attached to the Father, THROUGH the Spirit, by the Blood. THE MAN GOD sits on his glorious throne, the embodied Son, the glorified Father, the outpouring Spirit unto us who believe. OUR Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven...

The Man sits on his chair and is a wellspring of life unto us who believe and call upon his name. Yahshua! He prays THROUGH us. He lives IN us. We are his Body. We pray from this terra, but actually, we ARE in the heavens, in the Spirit:

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

I just cannot wait for the final outcome, that we be Glorified with him in the ages to come! Come, Yahshua!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
nabi wrote:
joshua79109 wrote:
nabi,

I always appreciate reading your posts and they always get me thinking, so thanks.

Would you sum up for me what you are saying is different than what Texas Jon said. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

I've read that last post over and over and can't quite come to the meaning.

Thank you

Joshua


Thanks for the kind words, Joshua. I certainly don't intend to denigrate my brother Jon in any way with my disagreement. My point is that the one we know as Messiah Yeshua is NOT God the Father manifested in a fleshly form, but rather His Son (a separate offspring, not simply a reduced part of the whole). Yeshua is the IMAGE of God the Father, but he is a different being/person. They are ONE because Yeshua has the same godly character as his Father, and Yeshua seeks to accomplish the goals of his Father, not fulfill his own will.


No denigration felt or heard, my brothers. Please forgive me. I have been grading papers like a bat outa hell.

Man, see, I do not care one hoot what one believes about the trinity or triune Godhead, or not triune but two with a force between them... That's cool with me, I think that's a cool idea too. When I read Daniel 7 especially, the portion about the one like the son of man arriving unto the Ancient of Days, I picture the resurrected, glorified Messiah presenting himself as the First Fruit. There could very well be two deities. I don't see a problem. There are other angels/deities also, "sons of Yah"...

Nabi, dear brother, I cannot find the post in question to answer you directly. However, please know that I think your ideas are cool. When I was a staunch Southern Baptist in my youth, I might have gotten offended by your comments. But now, I am a liberated Messianic! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
nabi wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
Yes, different parts, one entity. I am a father, I am a son, I am a husband. One person.


That may be, Brother Jon, but you are not your own father, your own son, and your own spouse. You assume each of those roles in relation to others, not in relation to yourself.


Ah, but I am a spirit, soul, and body according to the pattern of YHWH, and may the whole of me be glorified when he comes... :smile:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 242
Texas Jon wrote:
When I was a staunch Southern Baptist in my youth, I might have gotten offended by your comments.


We have that background in common (well, maybe not the "staunch" part:-). May Yah bless you in all things, brother!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
nabi wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.

Why is Jesus called the Son of God the Father instead of the Son of the Holy Spirit?

Quote:
MATTHEW 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found WITH CHILD OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. (NKJV)

MATTHEW 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for THAT WHICH IS CONCEIVED IN HER IS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. (NKJV)

Consider this:
Quote:
The whole Trinity effected the conception of Christ's body: nevertheless, this is attributed to the Holy Ghost, for three reasons.

First, because this is befitting to the cause of the Incarnation, considered on the part of God. For the Holy Ghost is the love of Father and Son. Now, that the Son of God took to Himself flesh from the Virgin's womb was due to the exceeding love of God: wherefore it is said (John 3:16): "God so loved the world as to give His only-begotten Son."

Secondly, this is befitting to the cause of Incarnation, on the part of the nature assumed. Because we are thus given to understand that human nature was assumed by the Son of God into the unity of Person, not by reason of its merits, but through grace alone; which is attributed to the Holy Ghost, according to 1 Corinthians 12:4: "There are diversities of graces, but the same Spirit." Wherefore Augustine says, "The manner in which Christ was born of the Holy Ghost suggests to us the grace of God, whereby man, without any merits going before, in the very beginning of his nature when he began to exist was joined to God the Word, into so great unity of Person, that He Himself should be the Son of God."

Thirdly, because this is befitting the term of Incarnation. For the term of Incarnation was that man, who was being conceived, should be the Holy one and the Son of God. Now, both of these are attributed to the Holy Ghost. For by Him men are made to be sons of God, according to Galatians 4:6: "Because you are sons, God hath sent the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying: Abba, Father." Again, He is the "Spirit of sanctification," according to Romans 1:4. Therefore, just as other men are sanctified spiritually by the Holy Ghost; so as to be the adopted sons of God, so was Christ conceived in sanctity by the Holy Ghost, so as to be the natural Son of God. Hence, according to a gloss on Romans 1:4, the words, "Who was predestinated the Son of God, in power," are explained by what immediately follows: "According to the Spirit of sanctification, i.e. through being conceived of the Holy Ghost." And the Angel of the Annunciation himself, after saying, "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee," draws the conclusion: "Therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. [Luke1:35]"

The work of the conception is indeed common to the whole Trinity; yet in some way it is attributed to each of the Persons. For to the Father is attributed authority in regard to the Person of the Son, who by this conception took to Himself (human nature). The taking itself (of human nature) is attributed to the Son: but the formation of the body taken by the Son is attributed to the Holy Ghost. For the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Son, according to Galatians 4:6: "God sent the Spirit of His Son." The Power of God, which is the Son Himself, according to 1 Corinthians 1:24: "Christ, the Power of God," through the Holy Ghost formed the body which He assumed. This is also shown by the words of the angel: "The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee," as it were, in order to prepare and fashion the matter of Christ's body; "and the Power of the Most High," i.e. Christ, "shall overshadow thee" [Luke 1:35]. The "Most High" is the Father, whose Power is the Son.

[Edited somewhat from Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica, Part III, Question 32, First Article: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4032.htm#article1]

Now to answer your question, again I defer to Thomas Aquinas:
Quote:
The words "fatherhood," "motherhood," and "sonship," result from generation; yet not from any generation, but from that of living things, especially animals. For we do not say that fire generated is the son of the fire generating it, except, perhaps, metaphorically; we speak thus only of animals in whom generation is more perfect. Nevertheless, the word "son" is not applied to everything generated in animals, but only to that which is generated into likeness of the generator.

Wherefore, we do not say that a hair which is generated in a man is his son; nor do we say that a man who is born is the son of the seed; for neither is the hair like the man nor is the man born like the seed, but like the man who begot him. And if the likeness be perfect, the sonship is perfect, whether in God or in man. But if the likeness be imperfect, the sonship is imperfect. Thus in man there is a certain imperfect likeness to God, both as regards his being created to God's image and as regards His being created unto the likeness of grace.

Therefore in both ways man can be called His son, both because he is created to His image and because he is likened to Him by grace. Now, it must be observed that what is said in its perfect sense of a thing should not be said thereof in its imperfect sense: thus, because Socrates is said to be naturally a man, in the proper sense of "man," never is he called man in the sense in which the portrait of a man is called a man, although, perhaps, he may resemble another man.

Now, Christ is the Son of God in the perfect sense of sonship. Wherefore, although in His human nature He was created and justified, He ought not to be called the Son of God, either in respect of His being created or of His being justified, but only in respect of His eternal generation, by reason of which He is the Son of the Father alone. Therefore nowise should Christ be called the Son of the Holy Ghost, nor even of the whole Trinity.

[Excerpt from Aquinas' Summa Theologica, Part III, Question 32, Third Article: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4032.htm#article3]

Continuing ...

nabi wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
The Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each possess in totality the one divine nature. The Second Person of the Trinity (the Word) assumed human nature by the Incarnation (the Word became flesh). Jesus possesses both divine and human natures, and in this capacity (true God and true man) He intercedes for us to the Father.


Did Jesus possess both divine and human natures while he was on the earth as a man?

Yes He did.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/4002.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
nabi wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
When I was a staunch Southern Baptist in my youth, I might have gotten offended by your comments.


We have that background in common (well, maybe not the "staunch" part:-). May Yah bless you in all things, brother!


Yah, bless you too, my friend! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
duckman1968 wrote:
Thomas Acquinas adds nothing. [ ... ]

Perhaps you will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
duckman1968 wrote:
Certainly could..

Please do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 45
Location: NE Alabama
Explain it for my benefit then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Posts: 134
duckman1968 wrote:
Trans Am wrote:
duckman1968 wrote:
Certainly could..

Please do.


Are you admitting that you don't understand how two are one?

Nope.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy