Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hola Peeps
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:01 pm 

My name is Steven. I am a school bus driver. I live in deeeeeep south Texas. I have a wife and four daughters.

I will give my testimony a bit later on. My brain is fried by the amount of scriptures that I just ingested.

Mind = blown. lol

Post subject: Re: Hola Peeps
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:28 pm 

Hola!

Welcome aboard! I see ya' been over at SB...

:friends:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:36 pm 

uhhh...yeah. lol

feisty bunch over there. heh

I think that I just hit on something HUGE withe th physical/spiritual duality.

It brings together a lot of answers to questions that seem unanswerable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:17 pm 

Hello and welcome! You know you are a marked man now, you joined the 'other place'...woooo. :lol:

Oh yes, see they brought out the welcome wagon for you, I got a ride in that too.....

Heh heh, I jest, but it sure is shocking, isn't it?

Welcome to this bunch! Just friendship and trust. :good:
Oh, I am Jazz over there.

Last edited by Simone on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm 

I am proud to be marked. lol

I do not understand the breakdown in logic with people, to be honest. Once I saw it, everything oopened up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm 

Welcome

Glad you are here. Reading your posts over there, I had hoped you would join here.

Bless you

Praise God

Joshua 24:14-15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm 

joshua79109 wrote:
Welcome

Glad you are here.

Thank you, thank you

Quote:
Reading your posts over there, I had hoped you would join here.

That means I am doing something correct. lol

Quote:
Bless you

Praise God

And likewise to you.

Praise Him indeed! :s_yes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm 

My grandfather moved down here to deep south Texas in the late 1940's to be a missionary. He was a Baptist. My dad took over the church that my grandfather founded when I was a few years old. He was a Baptist, as well . . . naturally. So pretty much, I was a preachers kid, and like many pk's, I rebelled hard. Funny thing, though, is that is what led me down the path to where I am today. I started to find discrepancies in the Bible and the teachings early in my teenage years. Everything I found drove me further away from Christianity. I still believed in "God," but did not believe in religion.

About 10 years ago, I cam across writings by Herbert Armstrong. They intrigued me greatly. The 10 lost tribes thing piqued an interest, and so I brought it up to my dad. Of course, I got the verbal slap down, and the typical "all 12 tribes returned and are known as Jews today, the teaching is anti-semitic, etc." Note to self, never talk to him about it again lol. So I continued researching, and researching, and researching. I came across Brit-Am. I then asked myself, how could an Orthodox Jew believe in something Anti-Semitic? Preposterous.

So I threw out the obvious replacement stuff of H.W. Armstrong, as they did not correspond with the Bible. I thought I was at the end of my research. And truthfully, it dies down a lot. It seemed I had hit a brick wall. This was about 2005. Flash forward 6 years . . .

While driving my route, I listen to talk radio streamed with my phone to the drivers speakers. I was listening to the Power Hour, Alex Jones (was listening to Glenn Beck until he double crossed Debra Medina in the TX governorship race. Have not listened to him since), etc. I decided to do a shoutcast search for prophecy. Solace Radio came up, so I started to listen to it. The first show I listened to was Monte Judah's Introduction to Torah. Man, oh man. In two hours' time, EVERY SINGLE ISSUE that I had at that time with the Bible was answered. So I started my research again. I ended that night with unanswered questions. I went to work and turned on my radio . . . boom . . . questions answered. Wowee. This happened at least daily for about two weeks. About three days in, I knew this was the right path. Everything that I had questions about and everything that I had studied for the last 10 years came together in such a way . . . all I can say is wow. It still leaves me speechless.

for YHWH to show me.

So a few days later, I notice my dad is not eating bacon, along with me. We get to talking . . . seems he has done some research and he believes that we need to follow God's rules, not man's rules. What is this? We both came to the same point from different paths! Turns out my uncle went down this path about 5 years ago, and has been talking to my dad about it. Furthermore, my dad and uncle see the two-house truth.

So basically, I am fresh and new, but trying. Sometimes it is difficult breaking out of the system that has been built up for so long, but I know that this is what He wants.

I am always reading and listening. I feel like I am called to teach, somehow (I have always felt that leading), but I have no idea where to start, afraid of screwing up, and quite frankly . . . I am not a great speaker at all.

(for about 15 years now) have the calling to move to Israel. I don't know what for, or how, but if it is where He wants me, He will make a way.

So there is my story.

Edited for spelling and grammar errors

Last edited by lemon_fresh on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am 

Hi lemon dude! Welcome! :biggrin: They're already accusing me of being you on my website! LOL Some people are just paranoid beyond all reason. :rofl:

I have a special troll who posts comments on my blog all the time that are immediately marked as spam, and I'm pretty sure it's ActionJackson. There was only one other poster on there vile enough to spew the kinds of things he's spewed, and he hasn't been on SB in a long time. I think he was an alt account of AJ, come to think of it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 am 

nice. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 pm 

Welcome, lemon_fresh. Glad you're here. Been reading you on SB and wondering how long it will take you to get a "sour" taste in your mouth - lol

Glad you're still keen. Many get there with gusto and find they have to shake the dust off their feet sometimes (myself included). Some leave for extended periods, others man the fort continually (like temu - thanks, brother -- you're a class act).

Great testimony. Praise be to Him.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 am 

Thank you!

The only reason it gets trying is that they misuse, take out of context, and twist every word you say (don't know why that is surprising. They do it with scripture. lol), and are free to harass, poke fun at, and judge you, but cry if you merely defend yourself, claiming you are judging them. Where the light shines, no darkness can be. That is why they cry. Light is being shown onto their hearts, and like roaches, they are fearful of what it shows of them. They become like animals trapped in fight or flight mode. They can either see what the light shows and flee from.it, or lash out at the light. Their hearts are hardened, and they must defend the religion and the false idol that they have made, no matter the cost.

In all actuallity, they are not fightimg me or you, or any other lerson on their. They are fighting against the Holy Spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 am 

lemon_fresh wrote:
Thank you!

The only reason it gets trying is that they misuse, take out of context, and twist every word you say (don't know why that is surprising. They do it with scripture. lol), and are free to harass, poke fun at, and judge you, but cry if you merely defend yourself, claiming you are judging them. Where the light shines, no darkness can be. That is why they cry. Light is being shown onto their hearts, and like roaches, they are fearful of what it shows of them. They become like animals trapped in fight or flight mode. They can either see what the light shows and flee from.it, or lash out at the light. Their hearts are hardened, and they must defend the religion and the false idol that they have made, no matter the cost.

In all actuallity, they are not fightimg me or you, or any other lerson on their. They are fighting against the Holy Spirit.

Wow-You're DEFINATELY one of us :shok: :yahoo: :angelwings: . Thanks for joining us, brother :rose: !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm 

thanks for having me!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:03 pm 

lemon_fresh wrote:
thanks for having me!

Lemons are pretty good!

:s_thumbsup

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:26 pm 

Amen!

lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:53 am 

A south Texas boy! :biggrin:

Your story sounds VERY familiar. It seems that growing up Baptist for me was only the spring-board to an even greater education in scriptures. I remember as a teen asking my pastors some straight questions from the Bible that none of them could give me a straight answer on.

Why do we believe in pretrib rapture if the Bible says many times that we will suffer, endure and go THROUGH the tribulation?
Why do you say Jesus did away with the law if there are multitudes of examples in the New Testament that show people keeping his commandments?
Why does it appear--based upon your Southwest Theological Seminary training--that God is schizophrenic, and the Old and New Testaments contradict themselves?

:smile:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 pm 

Thank you Jon. I was the same way, asking unanswerable questions.

My deal with the pretrib rapture was this. Everything in the "Old" Testament, we were taught, was a shadow of things to come. Adam was thrown out of the garden into hard labour, but still had God looking out for him. Noah had to go through the flood, but still had God looking out for him. Joseph had to go through great troubles, but still had God looking out for him. Abraham had to go through troubles, but still had God looking out for him. and on and on through Moses, the Israelites, the judges, the kings the prophets, story after story. God did not even save Jesus from His time of tribulation.

So why in the heck would He yank us out, if He has never done that before. The whole Bible is showing that God tests faith through trials and tribulations. It was not logical at all.

My other big issue was that if to be Christian is to be Christ-like, then why don't we keep the laws like He did? Is that not the ultimate way to try and emulate Christ? Oh, that would be works, and works do nothing, for all have missed the mark.

Some other issues I had . . .

Why does Paul say circumcise, but don't. Follow the law, but don't. Eat everything, but don't. God says DIE EVIL DOERS! Jesus says Awww I love you guys, group hug. God never changes, yet Jesus is God, and changes the law, which He just said He did not come to do, and if He is indeed God, said it would last forever. We are to live by faith and grace alone. Doing any laws was fruitless, because we would be trying to buy salvation. Yes we are told that we should not transgress the law that we are not to follow so that grace does not abound. We are told no works whatsoever. You can earn nothing, yet we are told that you show your faith by your works.

Oh man . . . you got me started. lol

And I was the PK asking these "heretical" questions :s_rofl

Last edited by lemon_fresh on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 pm 

Lemon, I like you. I'll have to show you my tornado pictures. :s_yes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:17 pm 

I fear tornadoes

and volcanoes

Those are my two biggest fears.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 pm 

http://www.survivalistboards.com/album. ... omment4187
My tornado picture from 12 days ago.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/album. ... reid=19259
Okay, we'll try this again-!

ETA:What I consider to be MY song versus the tornados I've faced lately- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ryJDVuZ6k
FATHER YAHWEH'S Will be done! HALLELUYAH!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:10 pm 

Fantasy;
I see Chrys standing in her back yard in her "Moses Robes", staff in her left a hand, bible in the other, long hair blowing wildly in the tornadic wind giving that storm 'what-for' when all of a sudden, it ....disolves. :)

Just a gentle tease Chrys...I'm sitting here listening to your song imagining a movie scene with you in it :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm 

I actually like to go to sleep to this movie! This is my most favorite scene...where the music begins...Each vehicle has it's favorite sound lol!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:07 am 

You guys are the most interesting people I have ever 'met' I'm tellin' ya. There is not a thing mundane about you. You rock. :drinks:

Totally love the movie scene :biggrin: We are never to imagine Chrys as Charlton Heston. :lol:

Lemon! That paragraph was beyond fantastic!!!
All my frustration in a nutshell!
:good:

......Why does Paul say circumcise, but don't. Follow the law, but don't. Eat everything, but don't. God says DIE EVIL DOERS! Jesus says Awww I love you guys, group hug. God never changes, yet Jesus is God, and changes the law, which He just said He did not come to do, and if He is indeed God, said it would last forever. We are to live by faith and grace alone. Doing any laws was fruitless, because we would be trying to buy salvation. Yes we are told that we should not transgress the law that we are not to follow so that grace does not abound. We are told no works whatsoever. You can earn nothing, yet we are told that you show your faith by your works......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:44 am 

Ironically enough, I can read Paul without any problems now. It is perfectly clear what he is saying without twisting anything around.

Book of Hebrews is giving me fits, though. I need to work on that one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:11 pm 

LOL, Lemon and Jon...

I wasn't Baptist, but I had questions no one could answer either. Or I should say no one could give me an answer that made sense?

Such as:

Why would Yah forsake Messiah on the cross?

If the rapture's true why are there 3 different theories and each teacher uses the exact same Scriptures to prove their points.

There were more, but that's the only 2 I can think of off hand.

Anyway, the more I read/searched/studied the more I found almost EVERYTHING I'd been taught was wrong. :o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:37 pm 

All man made tripe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 pm 

Lemon steve, I love ya. You're doing such a rightous thing at SB, and I am VERY PLEASED to count you as my brother. I dare say, that everyone here is "family" by spirit, and I am SO THANKFUL to ABBA YAHWEH that you are a member here, and a brother. HALLELUYAH.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:04 pm 

Pastor, why do we dress in fine clothes and sit in nice, comfy Old English wooden pews when James says, "For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raimen, and ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, 'Sit thou here in a good place'; and say to the poor, 'Stand thou there', or 'sit here under my footstool'"?

Pastor, why do we sit here all morning long listening to you go on and on, when Paul says, "How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying"?

:smile:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:24 pm 

lemon_fresh wrote:
My grandfather moved down here in the 50's to be a missionary. He was a Baptist. My dad took over the church that my grandfather founded when I was a few years old. He was a Baptist, as well . . . naturally. So pretty much, I was a preachers kid, and like many pk's, I rebelled hard. Funny thing, though, is that is what led me down the path to where I am today. I started to find discrepancies in the Bible and the teachings early in my teenage years. Everything I found drove me further away from Christianity. I still believed in "God," but did not believe in religion.

About 10 years ago, I cam across writings by Herbert Armstrong. They intrigued me greatly. The 10 lost tribes thing piqued an interest, and so I brought it up to my dad. Of course, I got the verbal slap down, and the typical "all 12 tribes returned and are known as Jews today, the teaching is anti-semitic, etc." Note to self, never talk to him about it again lol. So I continued researching, and researching, and researching. I came across Brit-Am. I then asked myself, how could an Orthodox Jew believe in something Anti-Semitic? Preposterous.

So I threw out the obvious replacement stuff of H.W. Armstrong, as they did not correspond with the Bible. I thought I was at the end of my research. And truthfully, it dies down a lot. It seemed I had hit a brick wall. This was about 2005. Flash forward ten years . . .

While driving my route, I listen to talk radio streamed with my phone to the drivers speakers. I was listening to the Power Hour, Alex Jones (was listening to Glenn Beck until he double crossed Debra Medina in the TX governorship race. Have not listened to him since), etc. I decided to do a shoutcast search for prophecy. Solace Radio came up, so I started to listen to it. The first show I listened to was Monte Judah's Introduction to Torah. Man, oh man. In two hours' time, EVERY SINGLE ISSUE that I had at that time with the Bible was answered. So I started my research again. I ended that night with unanswered questions. I went to work and turned on my radio . . . boom . . . questions answered. Wowee. This happened at least daily for about two weeks. About three days in, I knew this was the right path. Everything that I had questions about and everything that I had studied for the last 10 years came together in such a way . . . all I can say is wow. It still leaves me speechless.

for YHWH to show me.

So a few days later, I notice my dad is not eating bacon, along with me. We get to talking . . . seems he has done some research and he believes that we need to follow God's rules, not man's rules. What is this? We both came to the same point from different paths! Turns out my uncle went down this path about 5 years ago, and has been talking to my dad about it. Furthermore, my dad and uncle see the two-house truth.

So basically, I am fresh and new, but trying. Sometimes it is difficult breaking out of the system that has been built up for so long, but I know that this is what He wants.

I am always reading and listening. I feel like I am called to teach, somehow (I have always felt that leading), but I have no idea where to start, afraid of screwing up, and quite frankly . . . I am not a great speaker at all.

(for about 15 years now) have the calling to move to Israel. I don't know what for, or how, but if it is where He wants me, He will make a way.

So there is my story.

Hi, Welcome :)

I had that happen years ago. I called some ole friends who I had not spoken to for years, to talk about this stuff to and they were on the same path. LOL God is awesome! :)