Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Oxygen Channel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:01 pm 

I guess I have to break some public silence since some stuff is going to be coming out into the public arena soon.

As some of you know, my family and I went through a harrowing experience in 2002 when my sister Alice Donovan was carjacked and kidnapped from a Walmart parking lot in Conway, SC. She was subsequently robbed of her bank accounts, raped, then murdered by two prison escapees from a Kentucky jail when they broke out of jail and went on a 6 state, 17 day crime spree during which a 19 year old girl from W. VA was also abducted and murdered by these inmates. Others were also abducted, police officers shot at, nearly run over in high speed chases with Alice's stolen car, guns stolen, homes broken into and check books stolen. They were assisted by two female prison guards throughout the ordeal. It took seven years to find my sister's remains, while the remains of 19 year old Samantha Burns still are missing. Now you know the gist of the drama.

The Oxygen Channel contacted a family member recently, and they want to do an 8 part special on missing persons, and the relationships which developed between those families and law enforcement. My sister's case was selected as one of the featured missing persons, so some of our family will be interviewed next month as a part of this docudrama. The station will fly me, and other family members to South Carolina where we can all meet together for the purpose of this show, which will also include some of the law enforcement personelle who were involved in this case. Some of the LEO's who were involved still have an ongoing relationship with us. Some we haven't seen since court, but they are our hero's because they either spotted the killers, chased them, or arrested them.

I'm not sure when the show will air, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you get the channel. I'd like your prayers in the hope that the show will have a huge impact on others, a positive one. Way too many people go through this kind of experience and when you do, well, take any kind of grief and fear you've ever known in your life, and magnify it by about 1,000 and you'll be in the ball park of what something like this feels like.

For us, the story isn't over yet. We await the executions of the perps...still...thanks to the wishy-washy white house occupier and his lack of righteous justice. While we've had some healing, this bimbo has directly prolonged our ability to move past the entire situation. Their executions should have taken place about 8 yrs. ago.

This show is a personal sacrifice for us as a family for many reasons, the biggest one being having to retouch those painful areas we've learned to walk with and beside while ignoring it...Meet Joe Black! So coming out the other side after opening those wounds can be a lengthy and difficult re-healing. We've been there before, so we know what it is, but it's still hard. That's why I'm asking you for prayers now..ongoing if you will.

In the mean time, if you have access to this channel, it sounds like it could be interesting!

BTW, one of my most favorite TV personalities throughout the years was Art Linkletter. A family member of his is doing this show, and what a lovely person she is!

it's our hope that our experience will lend some hope and help

Post subject: Re: Oxygen Channel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:39 pm 

All the best, Judith...may YHUH guide this entire episode as well as your family. What a tragedy...let me know when it airs...may be able to find a download; we haven't had TV in almost forever! Linkletter, huh? He had a cabin about 13 miles from us...I drove by it the other day...been there many times. It's abandoned now, owned by the forest service.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:27 am 

Thanks Temu!

I ask for prayers because this entire event had a LOT to do with my eventual conversion spiritually to where I am today.

I learned first hand about the difference between the sovereignty of Yah v the misapplied scriptures of man, ie the difference between the truth of Yah v religion(human philosophy posing as godliness).

Often times people wonder why Yah doesn't answer their prayers when in fact, the problem isn't Yah, but the false teachings of man. Somehow, man has expected Yah to serve man in a style to which man would like to become accustomed rather than serving Yah in the style in which Yah has set forth.

For seven years I thought Yah was cruel, souless even, abusive because he knew where my sis was, and out of mercy he should have shown us where to find her. Yep, I was a tad bit upset. It was the 7th year when we got rest, and mercy.

Then one day, I noticed Jacob. He grieved deeply over the loss of Joseph to the degree that if one more thing happened to one of his kids, he wouldn't be able to survive it. All those years he thought his child was dead, and Yah never told him otherwise. Yet, scripture never says anything about Jacob loosing faith, or becoming angry with Yah, or sinning...like I did. Yah didn't owe me ANYTHING, not even the time of day and there I stood thinking he owed me something, because I believed what man's religion told me.

In that 7th year, Yah had mercy, and one of the murderers revealed where to find her. She was found. I felt sheepish to say the least because my neice and I had gone over and over the entire incident with a map..and that area was the area we determined she had to be. Yah HAD revealed it...and we didn't go and look.

Humbling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:43 pm 

Wow...amazing!

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:22 pm 

I will be leaving for South Carolina on July 12. I have a partial list of who is expected to be there, and I'm excited to see them again! These LEO's are truly heros!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 am 

Thanks for sharing, Judith. I hope the show does a fair and accurate treatment of the story. I pray YHVH shields you from additional pain and that you and your family are showered with His shalom during the process.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:49 am 

Thank you all for your prayers. I leave here Tuesday for SC and am looking forward to doing this show in the hope that it benefits those who have walked this path, those who ARE walking it, and those who will. I hope there is a good outcome as a result of this. I spoke with the interviewer last night on the phone and after reading all she's read, she said it was a miracle that the police were able to piece it all together to realize that a prison escape was the result of crimes over a six state area. I hadn't thought of that. A miracle involved from the very beginning of something horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:09 pm 

I have returned from South Carolina safe and sound. The interview was several hours long all of us involved struggled as we did it including law enforcement. I learned a few things first hand that I didn't know before with the result of seeing Yah's mercy in this once again.

I also had opportunity to speak with broken and confused family members. I hope my words influence them to blessings in their lives. There was a horrible evil behind the events we contended with that attempted to destroy our entire family,and that spirit continues to attempt to take whomever it can.

It feels good to be home now, and I am so glad I went!