Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Teeth
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:19 am 

I am a diabetic and over the years I've had a lot of struggles with my teeth in the form of abcesses. I've lost a tooth a year for the at least the last 15 years, maybe more. The few that are left are all loose and the bone and tissue surrounding them isn't healthy anymore.

When my mother and my brother died, I received $500 from them, so I invested in a pair of dentures...long sentimental story in that decision other than the fact that I simply need them. I got my dentures yesterday, and today...in half an hour, I go to the dentist to have my remaining teeth removed. I have a few concerns, drs and clinics rarely seem to want to do what you want/need done. For example, one day I went to the doctor because of tendonitis in my hand and ended up with a mammogram instead... :o

I scheduled for full extractions, but because I've not seen a dentist since my last tooth was pulled...only this last November, the receptionist told me that they'd likely want to do an exam, instead. I told her to schedule the time block for EXTRACTIONS because this issue has been discussed with the dentist there...even in november. So...I'm scared they will find some way to circumvent this due to whatevers..they already did the full fancy xrays, we already discussed pulling htem out. Also, I'm worried they might want to do one tooth at a time so they can cash in a bit better on the insurance. They tend to schedule unnecessary office visits at that clinic so that you're in there at least 4 times per year whether you need it or not just because you're 60... I put the kabosh to that, too!

Then there's the extractions themselves...hope for not complications, the post extraction phase of pain, and learning to use dentures. I don't even know how to eat normally anymore anyway due to having to compensate so much to adjust to lost teeth..no molars left at all..and the fact that my remaining teeth are shifted along with my jaws...

So ya...would you all say a prayer for me, please?

At least this time I'm not sick with infection, the teeth are already loose and should release fairly easily...but I'm scared just the same.

Thanks..
J

Post subject: Re: Teeth
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:19 am 

Prayers sent! :rose:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:12 am 

Thankyou!

The extractions went beautifully. They came out easily, and they did give me some pain meds. The dentures however, weren't made correctly. They LOOK pretty, but there are a ton of problems with them. I'm thinking a new tech did the work..they were done in reverse. Ended up with an underbite as my jaw is thrust forward...teeth weren't lined up correctly, top to bottom so they don't meet right when the mouth is closd...causing uppers and lowers to fall out. even the glue can't help that. And the teeth were placed in there crooked. I asked for a chip on a certain tooth, they put it on the opposite tooth on the wrong side of the tooth.. lots of other issues so I have an appointment with the denture maker in the morning.

I'll just kick back and relax with the pain meds...sleep some. Any discomfort I have is more on the surface rather than deep down...peach popsicles are delicious btw! lol! I thought the cold would help some, and it does. These are the real fruit kind...never had them before and I really like them.

Thanks for prayers. Yah is good, but knowing someone is praying does help my own comfort level.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:55 am 

Baruch Yahuah! Thanks for the update! :s_thumbsup

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:27 am 

More update. I went to the denture guy and he can't adjust my dentures because I need more mouth work done. Have boney points which need removing...gums smoothed out. And those points are very tender!

I can't wear the dentures until this extra work is completed, and the dentures can't be adjusted or remade until the work is completed and some of the swelling goes down.

Thank Yah for popsicles, salt water, and hydrocodone!

I sure hope medcaid/medicare pays for this additional gum work ...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:27 pm 

Looks like I'm getting the runaround. Went back to the dentist who pulled my teeth...says no additional bone scraping is necessary. Just time and healing, and that the denture guy should adjust the dentures to fit Me, not expect to fit me to poorly made dentures.

So now I walk around toothless as I take time for healing.

But at least my dentist knows what he's doing, and didn't subject me to unnecessary surgery.