Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 am 

Yah be with you and heal you, Judith.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 am 

Judith1 wrote:
Well, I'm glad passover wasn't today. I've been sick and couldn't prepare my house. Turns out I have severe allergies to all the flowering trees we have this year. Went to the ER this afternoon, because I couldn't breath anymore, my airway was shutting down. Had to have breathing treatments haven't slept in days for more than a few minutes at a time.

This has all been excellent reading and debating. Thank you all for that.

I sometimes struggle with breathing due to allergies/asthma/inflammation myself. It can be scary. So sorry too hear how severe it's been for you this year. Prayers sent for healing and relief.

Just a reminder that if the Passover is this week and you "missed" it, scripture says Yah, in HIs mercy, his people to keep the Passover on the same day in the second month if they missed the Passover in the first month:

Numbers 9:6-11
But there were some men who were aunclean because of the dead person, so that they could not observe Passover on that day; so they came before Moses and Aaron on that day.

Those men said to him, “Though we are unclean because of the 1dead person, why are we restrained from presenting the offering of the Lord at its appointed time among the sons of Israel?”

Moses therefore said to them, “Wait, and I will listen to what the YHVH will command concerning you.

“Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘If any one of you or of your generations becomes unclean because of a dead person, or is on a distant journey, he may, however, observe the Passover to the YHVH.

‘In the second month on the fourteenth day at twilight, they shall observe it; they shall eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.

2 Chronicles 30:1-3
Now Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of the YHVH at Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover to the YHVH Elohim of Israel.

For the king and his princes and all the assembly in Jerusalem had decided to celebrate the Passover in the second month, since they could not celebrate it at that time, because the priests had not consecrated themselves in sufficient numbers, nor had the people been gathered to Jerusalem.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:51 am 

I read somewhere Yah indicated to Rebecca Sterling that this year's moedim would be "dark." I took that to mean they would be hard to see or hard to discern. The Dark Ages were called such in part because we really don't know much about it as we do other ages. It's hard to "see" when there is little information (or in this year's case, conflicting information) that can be gleaned.

If someone has not heard about the alleged prophecies given to Rebecca Sterling, they probably should. They are fascinating and can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyh4iIfEn5w Please watch with prayerful discernment. I'm not sure if these were legitimate visions from YHVH.

Some have accused her of being a false prophet because I think she claimed last year that something major would happen in Sept. and that "where you are at that time, there you will stay." I don't know for sure, but I do know I am very glad I am aware of what she claimed she saw, if that makes sense. She is, btw, a messianic believer, though I do get the impression she is perhaps confused or misled about how exactly to convey or present these visions to the public.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:24 pm 

Thanks all for your prayers. I'm still struggling, though not as badly because I have some medicine which gives me a measure of relief. I've never had asthma, and though I've had a few light allergies..ie stuffy nose or watery eyes, i've never had my lungs try to close up like that, and yes, it was scary in addition to being very uncomfortable. The smoke from surrounding wildfires doesn't help, either. Thank Yah for air conditioners and that I have one!

I purchased a nice corned beef brisket last month thinking passover was this month. I'll save it for next month lol! Or, I could pay for dinner through the assembly I like going to from time to time. There are times when I enjoy the holy days alone, and other times when I enjoy being with others.

Blessings to all during this holy season!
j

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:43 pm 

I would like to listen to Rebecca without that particular interviewer. He keeps over riding her instead of letting her speak..he's driving me nuts!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:46 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
I would like to listen to Rebecca without that particular interviewer. He keeps over riding her instead of letting her speak..he's driving me nuts!

Yes. Thought the same and I've heard that more than once from others. He needed to let her talk more and keep his personal experiences brief.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:12 am 

Wanting to re-activate any aviv/feast days discussion. If anyone has any links or things to say as to when you think Aviv will be, please post! I think everyone finds it helpful to collect as much information as possible before the feast days to help determine when they begin.

Thank you!

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:38 pm 

Hi Psalm119! It's good to see you, and to see a post. It's been a while. I'm hoping that my health holds up well this year compared to last year.

It'll be good to see some discussion!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:56 am 

Hi yall! Shabbat Shalom!

Been a little while... hope yall are doing fine. You know I look back on this thread and wonder if there are two suns flying overhead in recent times, another twin sun that is messing with our growth cycles down here...

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:27 pm 

How's your Abib TJ? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 pm 

Not there yet but looking early though... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm 

I'm seeing some green in the trees already, onions are already 8" tall, cilantro came up on it's own, and the spring flowers are about ready to erupt. Jonquils are 5 inches tall (Leaves) already. The wheat fields are beautifully green, too, so yes, I expect an early one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:00 am 

I wonder if we have two suns in our sky... ???

:spiteful:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:34 am 

I don't know about you all, but we sighted the new moon on March 29. Some say they viewed it on March 28, but Texas was covered up with storms and tornadoes on the latter night, so there was no way for anybody from S. Texas to the northern plains to even see it if one could. Not to mention all calendars have it perceptible with the naked eye on the 29th, therefore, my family and I are going with ABIB on March 29.

Hope everybody is doing alright out there... I have noticed that people are coming here less and less anymore, so if this place is fizzling out, then I hope you all go blessed with YHWH as your covering... Peace.

We will be observing Pesach on the evening of April 10th... no matter what day you observe it on, may Yah bless you all!

Shalom Pesach!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm 

Thanks TJ. I noticed it's been rather quiet here for some time :( But I do check in frequently for the most part...just in case. Thanks for your report!

I just looked at my calendar and it has Passover DAY listed as April 11, and of course, it's celebrated the night before.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:36 pm 

I'm just checking in here also, it's been a while.
I hope everyone has a meaningful Passover and joyous Days of Unleavened Bread.
In just a similar way as it seems this group is suffering from low traffic, those with whom I keep the Passover are getting less and less, primarily because they are going to their rest.
I will be traveling two and a half hours to Vermont to keep Passover with a couple of widows and another couple on Sunday evening.
I hope you all are doing well and staying close to the Father and His Son.
sonofJAC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:28 pm 

Thank you all, dear ones, for your response! I'm glad to see some still here... I love you good folks!

I feel like the heat has been turned up these days, and it has been becoming harder and harder to "hold fast to that which is good" and keep Torah. I feel like these next few days, months, and moedim, something important is about to happen. This Yom Teruah, especially, will be featuring the Revelation 12 sign in the heavens, and several brightly shining planetary alignments/conjuctions with the sun and moon rising in the constellation Virgo... and the sighting of the sliver of the new moon rising on the horizon directly at the feet of Virgo!

I just want to love my Master more and more and do his will, now more than ever, for "the dragon was wroth with the woman and her seed, which keep the commandments of YHWH..." I don't know where you all stand here on who the dragon is, etc., but I have always believed that the Church of Rome is the synagogue of Satan, and the Roman Empire is the dragon.

I pray that we all have the boldness of his Spirit to "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:09 pm 

Blessings, TJ! Good to see you Son of JAC! I used to live near Vermont once upon a time...NH actually! Praying for a safe trip and a blessed Holy Day for you!

It IS hard at times to follow Torah as obstacles DO get tossed into the path. It's taken me several years to convince those I love, that I am SERIOUS about Shabbat. I had to fight like the dickens for it, too. People who don't share our beliefs tend to minimize the importance of it as well as other commands from YHVH, and then wonder why they have to rail so hard against life just to survive. They read the book, but treat it as a fairy tale during the week, warm the pew on Sunday (sometimes) for a hour and think that's all that their religion demands from them. God forbid if you follow his laws during the week.

I'm actually venting my frustration over things I personally must deal with from day to day and I find it tiring. By the time Shabbat rolls around, I'm so ready! If that's not enough, it seems folks pick Shabbat to bang on your door for one useless and unimportant thing after another...even when the door and curtains are closed, and they know WHY your house is shut up!

On the one hand, I feel sorry for these folks, on the other, frustrated with them because they blow-off the answers to their own questions.

There are three things we need on Shabbat. The air we breath, the food we eat, and the bible we read from (a place to potty of course). Unless the house is on fire, or a death is occurring, EVERYTHING else can wait...unless your animal is suffering...
But folks don't seem to care about the difference between OUR works and GOD's works, or where we stand in relation to him. But by golly, when they want something and don't get it, it's God's fault.

And then, society itself isn't designed for Shabbat. Try working 5 days a week and doing your business on Sunday...the xian 'sabbath' that isn't. You know what I mean.

Can't even find 'sabbath candles' in my town. Have to settle for tea candles. And even tho we aren't commanded to light sabbath candles specifically, we ARE commanded not to light fires so we have to light those candles before sabbath begins but more importantly, that ritual needs to exist. It MARKS the time and without a specific ritual to follow, it's all too easy to forget which day of the week it is and keep watching reruns of special victims unit on tv....When you have a ritual, you become more aware that you're missing something. And if folks in your home have no respect for Sabbath, you feel robbed. I've had to get "mean" so to speak. Hate Sabbath or the way I celebrate it? find somewhere else to go, leave me alone till after sunset tomorrow.

So, I turn on the stereo, hook up the 'puter to listen to my favorite sabbath music, and the guy below me calls the landlord and complains because he chose a night job and wants to sleep! Or Roberta down the hall wants me to fix her phone because she got drunk the night before and doesn't remember how she shut off her ability to make phone calls on her phone...

Or the guy down below threw all my yard furniture in my garden and dug himself a patch so he can grow some pot...and tried to blame it on the 50mph winds they had out west a week ago...geeze.

sigh...

So yes, I was tempted to mix up some triple strength salt water for the pot patch and fix that issue once and for all...but didn't. Still, the thought was there and I don't like that. It's bad enough to think foolishness during the week, but on Shabbat? holycow. It's all petty BS, but when petty BS is going to hit, it's going to be on Shabbat.

And it doesn't take a big issue to form a stumbling block between us and YHVH.

But, OTOH, I thank YHVH for his Torah because it helps me make decisions about what I need to do. His word is a light to my feet. Without it, I may well have 'watered' my neighbor's pot patch.

Blessings to you and yours TJ.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm 

Howdy, y'all! Saw some activity so I thought I'd switch the new laptop on...no telling why my old standby won't let me log in? Anyways, just wanted to let you know all is well on the mountain, busy, busy busy! Phenomenal rain year...over 72" and expecting another storm now! Spring taunts us now, can't wait to get another crop in the ground! My old partner decided to retire, so he sold his place in the valley and moved up here...already got him a solar system hooked up; nice to have another hand up here!

Prison ministry is doing well, still doing videos with Eric Bissell as opportunity permits; will post a couple before I log out...might as well post a recent prison mail-out too!

Shalom, shalom! May your Pesach be full and rich (we have done ours) WHENEVER you do it! So many conflicting views these days, I steer clear of any debates on the matter!

Be baruched! :drinks:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 pm 

Peace to you all. We'll be keeping the Passover on the 11th, observed Monday night at evening on the 10th. My good friend who I would study with and would mention here often, has just died. It was an unexpected blow. Some that used to fellowship with us has turned on us just like a horror film. It's so sad. I know there's a few things that are not clear, and we each take certain angles on things, but it doesn't have to come to what we had to witness. So sad.

I've met a very few people who can still discuss issues, and remain civil and friends also, once that divide is encountered. It seems better to attempt to build a bridge, but I know it's not always possible. I have a good Muslim friend that I've mentioned many times hear, that I've kind of lost touch with. He got a divorce, and the reason we would come into contact was because of his wife, so with her out of the picture, I don't talk much with him either.

I wish the best for you all during this Passover period in time. I'll post our site up in the friendly web-site section for y'all to view if you'd like.

My prayers go out for this very small group right here. Please, don't let the small numbers fool you. There's security in being the few. It is always joyful to come visit here, despite the traffic count. There will be an advantage to being a small group.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:43 pm 

Temu!!!! Duckie!!!! So good to see you!! Big (((((((you & yours))))))) It feels so good to touch bases with our little group here. I needed that. I quit the theological debates a long time ago, and glad I did. It's enough to worship YHVH, and do what can be done that he wants done along with the daily routines of just living. Passover nearly sneaked up on me! I feel good this year and got a lot done but somehow I thought the 10th was wednesday lol! I just noticed this evening that it's not 8-O

May you all be blessed and I'll look at youtube for more Eric vids and hope to see your link soon Duckman!

Baruch HaShem
Shema
Many Thanks
Blessings to our little family.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 am 

Shalom, duckman. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and the loss of your fellowship with others... May Yah bless you and your family and give you grace and peace and find others of like mind who will fellowship with you on a ground of oneness and love, and not division and factioning of the body... I truly know what you mean about people turning on you like a rattlesnake. It is hard to walk that fine line of his Way, when others fall by the wayside, into the ditch of egos and human teachings instead of the food of the Ruach Ha Kodesh...

My family and I will in North Texas will stand with you and yours in Louisiana, and as we have already blown the shofar to the sliver new moon, announcing the countdown toward Pesach, we will also be keeping that day beginning on Monday evening, the full moon and all day Tuesday the 11th.

I believe YHWH is tribulating his wheat from the chaff...

We will know when the time comes...

I pray his mercy and thanksgiving for the blood of the Lamb that was slain in my stead, painted on the doorposts and lintel of my heart, knowing that I am so unworthy of the task ahead of me... Yah huah Shuah!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:48 pm 

Blessed Passover, my friends. My clan is keeping the feast this evening and I was thinking of y'all, so I thought I'd check in.

It's funny - Just as Judith said, I haven't been into debates at all in the last while. The time, in some ways, seems to have passed. At least for now.

It's so good to "see" you all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 pm 

I've prayed for all of you this evening as we've renewed ourselves in covenant with the Most High by accepting our sacrifice, and we offered to Him Christ's body that was beaten for us.

Jon, thank you so much for the condolences. I wish it wouldn't have turned out the way it did with the divisions...I wish it could have simply just been a parting without the many of the accusations. Jon I wish the best for you and your family, and pray that your heart remains pure as you continue seeking His righteousness, as we all seem to be doing here.

Salt is not seen when it's on the food that we eat...if it was visible, then we'd have too much on our food and it would be too salty and not eatable. Salt is sprinkled evenly over a dish, just as we are not a visible organization in this world, but spread out. We are the salt of the earth, so we can find refuge in the small numbers.

Blessings to you all; Judith, sonofJAC, temu, Toshav, Texas Jon, Mountain Recluse, all the members of old also, and all else who come here for a quick visit. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:18 pm 

I thought about perhaps starting a new thread but I guess staying here will suffice.
First of all, greetings to the friends here with whom I haven't spoken for a while.
I am interested in what your walk with The Father and Yeshua His Son has been like these last few years and perhaps how you have been changing and growing in the Spirit.
As has been mentioned on the last few replies, it seems like the few of us have "graduated" from the debate wars of the past on the various forums. As for me, I have taken the admonishments in Titus 3:8-9 seriously and have refocused my activities and am less apt to draw out the sword to defend the beliefs in my heart. Having said that though, I have gone to battle against those in our own fellowship who thought that they should have the rule over the brethren. It occurs to me the two biggest detriments in any fellowship group are authoritarianism and exclusivism (both concepts of which I supported years ago). As I am sure is the case with all of you, I will not compromise on what I have learned in the Word, but I believe I am being led to see where my efforts and energies should be directed.
As I approach my 60th year (funny thing, if each decade in our life's age was compared to a day of the week, in a few months I will be entering the Sabbath of my life... aren't we given three score and ten?), I find that I am more cognizant of my example and letting my light be seen than wanting to argue doctrine of which I can pretty much say that I'm not sure if I ever changed someone's mind. That good works and serving others are what are as equally as important to the Father as is all the keeping and observing the Law by themselves.
Another thing that has been in the back of my mind for several years and seems to be moving more and more to my consciousness is Terry's prison ministry. Hopefully, I'll start up a discussion with him on the topic as I would love to hear the details of it from the time it first came to him until now.
If I can offer any one bit of advice or a suggestion to anyone here, it would be for you to find a good audio rendition of the Book of Ecclesiastes. If it has a little bit of commentary, that's OK but the less the better. And listen to it, just listen, not read along with it, but just listen. I did it a couple of years ago and it really changed some of my thinking and readjusted my priorities. Maybe it was just the state of mind I was in at the time, but for me it was a powerful overall message.
Anyway, that's enough from me for now. I hope all of you have a wonderful and meaningful and unleavened Shabbat.
sonofJAC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm 

sonofJAC you hit the nail on the head with authoritarianism. The only way authority in this realm works is when one freely places themselves under the authority of another; when one sees something in someone who might understand what he doesn't. That's how peace can be kept. If someone doesn't ask, and you get to preaching without them wanting that knowledge, you set yourself up as a teacher over them and this always leads to having to force a heavy hand, and they didn't even ask. If they do want to know more about something you said, they freely place themselves under your authority to acquire that knowledge, and that's the only way authority will work at this current time.

That's what happened with us.

Christ came as a servant, not to rule...not yet. That awaits to happen at His second coming.

My prayers are with what you want to set out to do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 pm 

One of the things I learned in around 2010 was intimacy with Yhvh. I learned that when he seems quiet, that's when we need to "cuddle up" with him, and just listen to his heart. I learned that when he seems quiet, he's also 'working' furiously on our behalf to produce something that will clock us on the noggin and draw us close to his heart, and sharing our own with him.

The last four years have been extremely difficult in daily situations, but through it I learned something about the importance of conducting ourselves as though we actually DO love him! When we fail in our commitment through our behaviours, it's like saying we don't think much of him. Now, I've known this for years as I'm sure you all do, but sometimes it seems that he takes what we know, and puts a thing so we can see it deeply..ie builds on what we know so that it becomes life to us.

I've developed an impatience toward lip-service without action to back it up, or a half-hearted attempt to carry through with backing up the lip service. Now I understand better the words Y'shuah says when he says "I never knew you." A half hearted relationship with Yhvh is no relationship at all.

I don't bother arguing my faith with anybody, or what I believe. "God said so" is sufficient for me anymore...take it or leave it.

Foundations matter because that's what one builds upon. If the foundation is faulty, there's no point in building anything on it, because no matter how much work you put into it, it won't hold up. That foundation is TRUTH, plain and simple. It's the only thing we can build on, and trust that it will hold up.

I watch the world today with the struggle to sift through faux news. There is deception everywhere. People don't know what to believe any more. But when one rejects truth, one is stuck with the converse...lies, deceptions, misleadings and all of it intentional, because all of it has roots in selfishness and satisfaction of self, even at the expense of others.

I believe we are at a turning point in the world today. I have no idea what's going to transpire, but I think a sifting has begun or is about to begin. I've begun to think it really doesn't matter much anymore what's going on in the world because our attention needs to be on YHVH and what's important to HIM. Even the 'beast' is being exposed. I saw a cartoon today where Trump was next to the swamp with a sewer truck and had begun to suck the water out. What was exposed were certain individuals who hold 'globalist' ideologies along with many alphabet agencies such as the UN, CIA, FBI, etc. In the center of the swamp was a big green wamp 'beast' with several eyes sticking out on the top of it's head looking in all directions. He has a sign on his chest saying "The Deep State" and shoulder patches of alphabet spy agencies. The caption box indicating what the swamp beast is saying reads "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" A tiny little trump (the beast towers over him) stands behind his truck which reads "Trump's swamp draining service".

Naturally, when I saw that cartoon, I thought of the beast with it's many heads. I thought of the people who chose to believe the deceptions and reject YHVH's truth.

Authoritarianism demands that people bow and scrape to it, mindlessly. They alone set policy, they alone can tell you what you should think and compel you to act according to it's dictates. It really doesn't matter whether that authoritarian is religious or secular, in any event it holds your life and well being in it's hands and can crush you at any time, for any reason, or none at all. You are the red carpet for it to walk upon.

I told a friend just last night that My home is a place of peace. It's ok for loud, boisterous, emotion-filled debates to take place within the walls of my home as long as Truth, Mercy, kindness, compassion, love, respectfulness, humility and such, are the foundation of all that occurs behind these walls. As long as Godly goodness is the foundation, peace exists.

I'm learning that living out my salvation, daily, with fear and trembling is a very healthy thing.

May YHVH continue to open our eyes and ears to his ways.

And thankyou Ducks, for the prayers. There is nothing more encouraging to me, than prayer. A friend of mine committed suicide this last "easter'' sunday. It's been a rough week to say the least so knowing that somebody prayed is a huge comfort. Thankyou for that.