Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:40 pm 

Good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWa11TIAXCI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 pm 

I tried watching it and as soon as I seen the expensive suit, fake tan, and frosted hair I stopped....lol. Those things make me very wary of people despite what they have to say. Red flag city. That's just me though.

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:00 pm 

I hear you MR, but there's nothing wrong with taking good care of one's self, and dressing decently.

The vid did a great job of summarizing what we've been trying to teach folks.

We have a few teachers we've quoted in this forum whose teachings are unavailable to anybody except those who can pay for those teachings. Oh ya, you can gleen the edges here and there, but if you don't fork over the big bucks you can go pound sand! I find myself extremely disgusted with that so I put up a link where at least the basics are covered regarding Biblical Judaism, not rabbinic judaism.

BTW, I frost my own hair too for for under $5.00 (I went to school for that) and I can get some pretty decent duds at second hand stores and discount (name brand products) stores so judging superficially isn't really wise judgement.

So, you judge the surface but didn't bother to listen? wow, just wow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:05 am 

Judith1 wrote:

So, you judge the surface but didn't bother to listen? wow, just wow.

I didn't mean anything personal against you, Judith. Just been my experiences in life men that come to you with expensive suits and pretty hair are the type that can't be trusted. Similar vibes I got from Staley and we all know how he turned out. I don't usually judge a book by it's cover but when it comes to spiritual things it's something that sets off my spidey senses... like I said, just me. I can't and won't take what anyone says seriously dressed and looking like that. There's a difference between dressing nice and looking like a suited, fake, CEO type. Though this may sound superficial and silly....I find what's on the outside is a good reflection of the inside.

And as for the pretty, frosted hair thing.....you're a woman. Makes sense. Men that frost their hair.....uuuuhhhhh...no.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 pm 

Not just you, Mountain, similar experiences...

My family and I were in a Messianic Jewish cult a long time ago, and the facade experience seemed very much akin to Orthodox Judaism with an Assembly of God / Pentecostal flavor to it all; the leaders all wore fancy suits and haircuts, and the main man insisted on being called "rabbi" and you know how that went with me and my family... sooooooo

I'm just all about meeting with families in their homes or mine and we just get to know each other and meet on common ground or no... people who meet in edifices with fine stained glass and fancy wood pews and carpets are all about the whore and her daughters... which we are suppose to come out of.

He had a pretty good message, Judith, but I totally see what Mountain is saying with all the pretense. Just another outward show of hierarchy with the flavor of Messianic Judaism.

Get me some hippy that looks and sounds more like Keith Green in the 70s, drawn to be a Tzadik, led by the Spirit of the Script... I'll give a thumb and a listen to him in that time...

:s_thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:13 am 

Texas Jon wrote:

;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 pm 

MountainRecluse wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

;)

Well, a man can edit his mistakes, right??? :) ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
MountainRecluse wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

;)

Well, a man can edit his mistakes, right??? :) ...

I wasn't calling out your mistakes, man! I was just trying to say I agree with what you said, bro! SHALOM SHALOM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:53 pm 

Oh, my bad, brother. I'm too critical on myself then I guess, noticing my own grammatical error and thinking that was what you were winking at... sorry bro.

I am with you. It's a minefield. Take heed where you step... I personally want to just step away from anything that smells or feels churchy, anything hierarchical, facade... I'd rather a quiet family gathering among like-minded folks who do not presume, nor lord over anyone their views and knowledge/experience, etc., "from house to house and in the Temple" as the story goes, and today, I think we ARE the temple...

Peace, bro, thanks. Shalom...

:good: :drinks:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:52 pm 

ok. the hair and the clothing is more important than the msg, but how come nobody has found fault with the msg?