Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My Mom
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:28 pm 

My mom is facing her last days/hours. She was in the hospital friday, into a nursing home saturday, and is on hospice. Family is gathering at her bedside. I'm just going to stay home and :cry: and thank Yah for her. Just needed to share. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: My Mom
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:01 pm 

I don't like catholicism, either. But when your sister, a JW is in charge, your mother can't even have what SHE believed and is comforted by.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:11 pm 

May Yahuah strengthen you and give you both perfect shalom, Judith. I'm so sorry...losing Mom is a tough one.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 pm 

that is is...thankyou.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:47 pm 

she was talking this morning, but now she's out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:19 pm 

So sorry, Judith. Prayers of comfort and peace sent for you. May Yah cover her with His mercies.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:23 am 

I just came back from a family vacation and saw this. So sorry to hear about your mom, Judith. Prayers for your comfort and healing and peace.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:57 pm 

Thank-you folks. She's still hanging in there. Guess some birth's take a while.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:22 am 

My mom passed away at 12:45 am this morning. No more suffering for her. May Yah bless her and resurrect her to life at the resurrection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:02 am 

:rose:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 pm 

Bless you, Judith. May grace, and peace, and comfort come to you and your family, and may your momma rest in the arms of Grace and Peace and awake to life again in the Resurrection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:43 pm 

Thank-you!

I'm doing pretty OK with this, which I didn't expect. Some grief is just so hard and heavy and you can barely breath. This one isn't like that..it's gentle.

Mom and I had issues for most of my life, but we resolved those issues in 2009 and since then, we've had a wonderful relationship. These last couple of years we've both known she was going down hill, and we spoke openly, and then of course more openly yet over the last couple of months. She thanked me up and down for sending the priest, she was so grateful and glad.

Then, last week my sister cleared out Mom's apartment and sent me several boxes of things mom intended for me to have, along with some things that belonged to my grandparents, and to my dear departed sister. Many of those items I'd grown up with in my grandparent's home so it was a blast from the past, for me. So, after going through the boxes, I called mom and told her what my sister had sent, and mom was thrilled that I'd received the stuff, and that I was glad to have what was sent. This 'stuff' is my inheritance. There's no money or property, just sentimental items, family heirlooms which are very low value monetarily, but priceless to us. Some things I'd been promised by my grand parents when I was a little child. Much is vintate and some as far back as 1920.

Anyway, I got to talk to her about the things, and learn their stories. I don't know if anybody else does that, but many things in our home had stories about how they came to be or why they were significant. We had such a wonderful time talking, and it was the first really good conversation we'd had since she went into the nursing home in December. Then, the minutes ran out on her phone. Her new one was due in this week. :( poor thing had such a time hearing anything with the one she had.

Anyway, she related the conversation to my sis and sis was pleased with mom's pleasure who was pleased with mine...lol! It was kewl. So, I called her Wed. and she had a very difficult time talking..we said our I love u's and she went down even further.

I told mom that I was so glad to have received her items while she was still alive..it was much easier emotionally, AND gave us the chance to talk about these things. Now these items are a fond comfort with a special and pleasant memory all it's own. One item I remember from being a teeny child, a toddler. It's a little tiny 2 inch tall baby doll with a hand crochet dress and hat. I asked her, where did that come from, I just always remember it, and I remember being a baby and playing with it. Well, it was the last vestige from the baby shower given her when she was pregnant with ME!

I'm really going to miss her, a ton.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:59 am 

Sorry to hear you lost your mom, Judith. May you see her again in the Kingdom.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:55 pm 

It's taken a few days..now I struggle.

Thankyou all for your kind words.