Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
I'm wondering if any have had the opportunity to use a Calendar converter. These are the ones that will give you the date according to the Calculated Hebrew Calendar (CHC) and the corresponding date of our current Gregorian calendar.
I have used several including:
https://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/
http://www.360calendar.com/360-days-Calendar-Converter.html
http://www.torahcalendar.com/
I know there are several others out there and some provide more information than others. I'm trying to evaluate them to see how they stack up against each other and if they agree with each other.

The good ones will compensate for the Gregorian date adjustment of October 1582 and account for correct leap year inclusions and the cross-over from 1BC to 1AD, which most seem to do.

A related question is what year do you use or believe the Exodus from Egypt occurred?
It seems the two years that are the most postulated are 1445BC and 1446 BC.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Abib called Nisan after the Babylonian captivity, and Tammuz (June/July)? :s_no

One of these days, we'll get it right... come Yahshua!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
Texas Jon wrote:


One of these days, we'll get it right...


:drinks: We keep pluggin' at it!

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
I think that after the shaking of the heavens and the earth and mountains and islands moving out of their places because of it, we'll get a new calendar based on the new orbit of the earth... perhaps?

But back to my original two questions, has anyone got a favorite calendar converter? Or do you not go there?
And about the year of the Exodus... any opinions on such?

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 pm
Posts: 420
Exodus..secular history tends to late date things, creating the illusion that there are no archeologic relics to support biblical history. However, within the last 5 years, a place was found in Egypt which had layered walls. The layers contained straw except one. I can't remember the citie's name rigbt now but its location is were the Hebrews were expected to be..the best lands.

I don't recall if an approximate date for that society was supplied then, nor do I know whether or not furthrt excavation has occured there or not.

Thanks tons for the converter links! I've never used them before and I think that if biblical info was plugged into the algorythm, jubilee years could be more accurately identified.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
I go Karaite, sighting the sliver as the New Moon:

http://kjuonline.com/calendars.htm

http://www.karaitejudaism.org/talks/The ... Issues.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
sonofJAC wrote:
I think that after the shaking of the heavens and the earth and mountains and islands moving out of their places because of it, we'll get a new calendar based on the new orbit of the earth... perhaps?

But back to my original two questions, has anyone got a favorite calendar converter? Or do you not go there?
And about the year of the Exodus... any opinions on such?


I think, even after everything is shaken to devastation, evenso, we shall still have new moons and sabbaths, and his moedim for all eternity:

Isaiah 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the YHWH, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the YHWH.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
We have switched from sliver to chodesh moon a couple years back. My brother Fred explains why...


_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
Judith1 wrote:
Exodus..secular history tends to late date things, creating the illusion that there are no archeologic relics to support biblical history. However, within the last 5 years, a place was found in Egypt which had layered walls. The layers contained straw except one. I can't remember the citie's name rigbt now but its location is were the Hebrews were expected to be..the best lands.

I don't recall if an approximate date for that society was supplied then, nor do I know whether or not furthrt excavation has occured there or not.

Thanks tons for the converter links! I've never used them before and I think that if biblical info was plugged into the algorythm, jubilee years could be more accurately identified.

Earlier this year, I saw the movie (it was actually a documentary) Patterns of Evidence http://www.patternsofevidence.com/en/ I thought it was very well done. My wife and I were the only ones who were in the theater for this single, special showing. The point of the documentary was to disprove the skeptics of the Exodus (surprisingly, many are Jews!) and to show how the dates that some historians use are too early or too late when applied to certain Egyptian dynasties. I'm planning to purchase the movie at some point.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
Texas Jon wrote:
I think, even after everything is shaken to devastation, evenso, we shall still have new moons and sabbaths, and his moedim for all eternity:

Possibly Jon, But I think once the events of Revelation 21 and 22 come to pass and all things are fulfilled, then the Law (as we know it now) will no longer be in effect. But going into the Millennial period, I absolutely agree with you.
This time of Revelation 21 and 22 are after the Millennium and the time of New Jerusalem and the new Heaven and new Earth when the Father comes and dwells with us and we see Him face to face.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
sonofJAC wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
I think, even after everything is shaken to devastation, evenso, we shall still have new moons and sabbaths, and his moedim for all eternity:

Possibly Jon, But I think once the events of Revelation 21 and 22 come to pass and all things are fulfilled, then the Law (as we know it now) will no longer be in effect. But going into the Millennial period, I absolutely agree with you.
This time of Revelation 21 and 22 are after the Millennium and the time of New Jerusalem and the new Heaven and new Earth when the Father comes and dwells with us and we see Him face to face.


Yeah, who cares by then, eh? :) :drinks: :s_biggrin

Come Yahshua!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
temu wrote:
We have switched from sliver to chodesh moon a couple years back. My brother Fred explains why...



Yeah, you say Chodesh moon like YHWH made a whole bunch of bananas and ended up with one sliver banana...

:s_crazy

Even if the sliver were showing, the whole damn moon is still Chodesh, bro... Full or sliver, it's still a WHOLE MOON! :s_rofl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
Texas Jon wrote:
Even if the sliver were showing, the whole damn moon is still Chodesh, bro... Full or sliver, it's still a WHOLE MOON! :s_rofl


I guess you missed the point about the lesser great light RULING the night? :fool:

Gen 1:16 And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.

No moon rules nothing, a sliver is simply a brief glimpse and then darkness again. Neither fit the meaning of chodesh.

:drinks:

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
Naaa, I didn't miss any point. Pulling an old chassis from the mud and resurrecting it into a mechanically-engineered marvel worth millions, and YHWH calling the moon into being are two totally different things. It's almost as if you are saying that the moon was an incomplete sliver that YHWH pulled out of the mud and built into a full moon. I would suggest that he actually blasted a chunk from our Pacific Ocean region and molded it, engineered it to sit perfectly on the Earth's wobble.

The comparison of an engineer making a car and the Creator making the moon really has nothing to do with a sliver or a full moon, bro. The moon is simply Chodesh upon its inception. Whether a sliver appears or a full moon is really a moot point about Chodesh. The moon certainly rules the night's sky in comparison to the sun over the day, and a sliver signifies the beginning of this process... Chodesh.

With all due respect the Fred, and I do mean due--for I have never known such a mechanical genius in my lifetime--however, I just do not see the disconnect here, nor the comparison to the moon. The moon was Chodesh, complete and beautiful at its inception, and the sun may have barely pierced its light upon it in that moment in time, which we speculate to know, but I say to you again that whether or not it was a full moon or a sliver, the moon ruled over the night by YHWH's design and word.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
As mentioned earlier, we use to do the sliver for many years also, Jon. We have heard all the arguments, we've read all the traditions behind them. They simply came us short, in our opinion. They didn't fit the Words YHUH gave us. I appreciated Alex being in the video, someone not familiar with all the arguments nor traditions behind them...just someone who could give an unbiased view on the matter of what chodesh truly describes. It's got people talking. People having another look. People gleaning from the depth and meaning of the pre-babylonian text; the pictures YHUH has given us to simply take the words off the paper and make them alive.

I've still not heard you say that your version is absolutely irrefutable, nor have you heard us make that claim. Until then, we are digging and seeking...we are not in this to please men, nor go with the flow because others have settled on an opinion. We can't be true to ourselves if the Ruach within tries to move us from where we were and we resist because of opinions/traditions of others. We have simply moved on from where we were in years past.

It's why there are so many different calendars people have these days. Eric mentioned that in his travels while teaching he has run into more than 10 different calculation methods. People are just trying to make His Word fit; it's NOT a settled matter by any stretch of the imagination. You have chosen to go with the Karaite version; we have rejected that after further inspection. We have given reasons why.

Shalom!

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:27 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
temu wrote:
I've still not heard you say that your version is absolutely irrefutable, nor have you heard us make that claim. Until then, we are digging and seeking...we are not in this to please men, nor go with the flow because others have settled on an opinion. We can't be true to ourselves if the Ruach within tries to move us from where we were and we resist because of opinions/traditions of others. We have simply moved on from where we were in years past.


Brother, there is nothing NEW about a moon that has been waxing for two solid weeks to full. It defies logic for you to say that Chodesh is the full moon. The moon is whole, complete, THERE ruling in the sky whether you see it or no, but the first sliver is the first sign of the first day of the month because it has been RENEWED. The first sliver is new and waxing old, day by day, week after week, through the four stages of the month. How do you fit these four stages into your Full/Chodesh paradigm?

That would also imply that Pesach was during a sliver or conjunction phase, which would mean that Abib was during the full moon. How can this be when this is the head of the year? You are saying that the head of the year begins with an old full moon? That just does not make any sense, and it really has nothing to do with "tradition."

Again, if there was a sliver/full moon discrepancy over the timing of Chodesh, then don't you think Yahshua, Paul, or any other witness would have testified that something was amiss about it? There is no mention of this discrepancy BECAUSE there is no discrepancy. The Jews have been keeping sliver Chodesh for time immemorial, and now, all of a sudden, you say the Jews are wrong in their traditions, and they should have been keeping full moon Chodesh all along... :wacko: Yet another example of illogical reasoning.

I'll leave it at that. Peace out on the matter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
Texas Jon wrote:
It defies logic for you to say that Chodesh is the full moon.


Actually, that was the point of the video...to show what chodesh is. We simply do not trust the traditions and are simply doing the best we can with what we have been shown. Shalom.

Jer 8:7-8 “Even a stork in the heavens knows her appointed times (MOEDIM). And a turtledove, and a swallow, and a thrush observe the time of their coming. But My people do not know the right-ruling of יהוה. “How do you say, ‘We are wise, and the Torah of יהוה is with us’? But look, the false pen of the scribe has worked falsehood.

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
Wow. This topic certainly spun in a different direction than what I was thinking about.
I'm not sure what you mean by chodesh moon, I hope to watch the video sometime today.
I did not intend for this thread to be a debate on the calendar. I know that in my experience, calendar debates really are not constructive and only tend to alienate people who otherwise are in agreement.
I know with absolute certainty that on the first night of the Feast of Tabernacles this year, I watched in a cloudless, Maine coast night, a super-total lunar eclipse. While other people I know were celebrating or would be celebrating the first evening on a different day, I knew I had the date right. You've gotta have that full moon on the First Day of the Feast of Tabernacles and on the First Day of Unleavened Bread.
But again, that was not the purpose of this thread.

I hope everyone has a joyous, peaceful and meaningful Sabbath Day today.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:28 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
sonofJAC wrote:
You've gotta have that full moon on the First Day of the Feast of Tabernacles and on the First Day of Unleavened Bread.


Jon and I are brothers and sometimes punch each other a little. Makes us tougher. I love the man and his awesome family...that will never change over matters of opinion! :friends:

Just curious about the above sentence...where do you find proof for that in Scripture?

Shabbat shalom!

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Posts: 2177
sonofJAC wrote:
Wow. This topic certainly spun in a different direction than what I was thinking about.
I'm not sure what you mean by chodesh moon, I hope to watch the video sometime today.
I did not intend for this thread to be a debate on the calendar. I know that in my experience, calendar debates really are not constructive and only tend to alienate people who otherwise are in agreement.
I know with absolute certainty that on the first night of the Feast of Tabernacles this year, I watched in a cloudless, Maine coast night, a super-total lunar eclipse. While other people I know were celebrating or would be celebrating the first evening on a different day, I knew I had the date right. You've gotta have that full moon on the First Day of the Feast of Tabernacles and on the First Day of Unleavened Bread.
But again, that was not the purpose of this thread.

I hope everyone has a joyous, peaceful and meaningful Sabbath Day today.


Actually, brother, it was a waxing full moon, but it wasn't quite 100% until Monday evening... My family and I stayed up late that night taking crappy pics with our various devices... I think wife got a few decent ones on her new fancy camera, but according to my calculations--and by that, I mean that I visually sighted the new moon sliver (which is all this debate is about), and counting Yom Teruah to ten days Yom Kippur and two weeks Sukkot, it happened exactly according to the Karaite calendar, which is what we believe Yahshua was in practice, as well as the other Nazarites, and all of their followers two millennia ago...

I believe the super blood moon was the prelude / eve of Tabernacles... but definitely a sign and a warning. I also agree that a full moon shining through the ceiling of one's sukkah is a necessary aspect of this festival. It is, after all, considered to be a festive event, and I also think it was Yahshua's birthday...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
temu wrote:
Just curious about the above sentence...where do you find proof for that in Scripture?

Shabbat shalom!

Well, I just watched your suggested video on chodesh moon and I found it interesting.
So perhaps that is where you are going with your question.
As you very well know (my friendly acknowledgement that you are indeed skillful in the scriptures) you won't find it in one or two scriptures, but getting a little here and a little there and line upon line.... etc. And even with all of that effort, there will be something that could be presented that will keep the debate going indefinitely.
I can support that the New Moon is the first of the month and from there it's easy to show that the fifteenth is the Full Moon.
Psalm 81:3 was the first scripture that popped into my mind.

So with my apparent failure to find proof of that in scripture, do you have scripture that proves that I should do otherwise?

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
Texas Jon wrote:
It is, after all, considered to be a festive event, and I also think it was Yahshua's birthday...

We are agreed!

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm
Posts: 735
sonofJAC wrote:
Wow. This topic certainly spun in a different direction than what I was thinking about.



Yes. I kind of wish it was all consolidated into one thread. There's some of this discussion here, SoJ, and some starting here: http://joyfullygrowingingraceandtorah.prophpbb.com/topic44-30.html

Where is our friend Joshua, anyway?

_________________
-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
sonofJAC wrote:
I can support that the New Moon is the first of the month and from there it's easy to show that the fifteenth is the Full Moon.
Psalm 81:3 was the first scripture that popped into my mind.


That comes to mind for me as well, and why we spent time breaking down the word chodesh...

Psa 81:3 Blow upH8628 the trumpet(SHOFAR)H7782 in the new moon(CHODESH),H2320 in the time appointed (KESEH-FULL MOON),H3677 on our solemn feastH2282(CHAG-FEAST) day.H3117

For us, there is nothing whatsoever implying the 15th of a month...but seems to describe Teruah beautifully.

Lev 23:24 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you have a rest, a remembrance of blowing of trumpets, a set-apart gathering.

:drinks:

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
Toshav wrote:
Yes. I kind of wish it was all consolidated into one thread. There's some of this discussion here, SoJ, and some starting here: http://joyfullygrowingingraceandtorah.prophpbb.com/topic44-30.html

I saw the thread after I started this one.
I could see that one direction that thread would end up going is a debate on the timing of when to observe the Passover.
Really, I've been through that battle too many times that I care to think about. As I said above, calendar issues tend to push brothers apart instead of edifying them. It takes a lot for me to enter that fray anymore.

Toshav wrote:
Where is our friend Joshua, anyway?

I'm not sure to whom you are referring.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
temu wrote:
sonofJAC wrote:
For us, there is nothing whatsoever implying the 15th of a month...but seems to describe Teruah beautifully.

Well, if we want to go down the road of implications, a very curious scripture can be entered into the mix or at least considered.
Luk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, [G4654] and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
Now, the KJV and other translations that essentially take off from the KJV show that word translated as darkened comes from the Greek skotizō meaning to cover with darkness, to darken.
But that word is not the original Greek word used in this verse. The noted physician Luke purposely chose the word eklipontos to describe the event, meaning darkened because of an eclipse. Now it is clear through history why someone, and it is likely that occurred way back around Constantine (when he authorized 50 copies of the Bible to be made around 331AD) needed to change the word because it didn’t make sense (or because of what it revealed). What didn’t make sense? How could you have a full solar eclipse when the moon is full? Impossible! But that is what Luke wrote. Was he misinformed? No he was an eyewitness. Was he unlearned? No, he was very educated. So how could the sun be darkened by the covering of the disk of the sun by the moon if the moon was full and on the other side of the earth?
Could it be that the sun, which was worshiped by the Romans and the Greeks and many others, was shown to be vanquished at the death of the Messiah by the True God by being eclipsed? And once their god was vanquished, would this ultimately lead to the persecution of Christians by Rome afterwards?
I just bring up this point because the implication here is that it was a Full Moon at the time of the crucifixion and the miracle here is that God caused the eclipse; an event so terrifying to the pagans that they couldn’t deal with it afterwards.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
sonofJAC wrote:
Luk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, [G4654] and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
Now, the KJV and other translations that essentially take off from the KJV show that word translated as darkened comes from the Greek skotizō meaning to cover with darkness, to darken.
But that word is not the original Greek word used in this verse. The noted physician Luke purposely chose the word eklipontos to describe the event, meaning darkened because of an eclipse.


This certainly was no natural event. If memory serves, a solar eclipse lasts UNDER 8 minutes. This was 3 hours, bro. I understand we look for support to back our positions, but that one was from the hand of YHUH; not a natural occurrence.

Shalom!

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:35 am
Posts: 1703
Location: On a mountain; at your side.
sonofJAC wrote:
So how could the sun be darkened by the covering of the disk of the sun by the moon if the moon was full and on the other side of the earth?


By the hand of YHUH....

Luk 22:53 While I was with you day after day in the Temple, you didn't lay a hand on me. But this is your hour, when darkness reigns!"

Luk 23:44 And it was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over all the land, until the ninth hour.

Longest eclipses (natural):

What was the world's longest eclipse?

To start, there are two types of eclipses, a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse, and we'll shed some light of both.

A solar eclipse is when the moon passes between the Earth and the Sun.

The longest a total solar eclipse can last, theoretically, is 7 minutes and 31 seconds and the longest recorded solar eclipse we could find lasted 7 minutes and 8 seconds in 1955.

If you're around on July 16 2186 you'll have the opportunity to experience an all but perfect solar eclipse lasting 7 minutes and 29 seconds.

A lunar eclipse is an eclipse of the moon and occurs when the Earth passes between the moon and the Sun.

The longest recorded lunar eclipse occurred on May 31 318 lasting 1 hour 47minutes and 14 seconds.

_________________
I give Christians wedgies

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
temu wrote:
sonofJAC wrote:
Luk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, [G4654] and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
Now, the KJV and other translations that essentially take off from the KJV show that word translated as darkened comes from the Greek skotizō meaning to cover with darkness, to darken.
But that word is not the original Greek word used in this verse. The noted physician Luke purposely chose the word eklipontos to describe the event, meaning darkened because of an eclipse.


This certainly was no natural event. If memory serves, a solar eclipse lasts UNDER 8 minutes. This was 3 hours, bro. I understand we look for support to back our positions, but that one was from the hand of YHUH; not a natural occurrence.

Shalom!

Exactly my point... that it's not a natural occurrence.
It's not really about the duration of a solar eclipse being extended from 8 minutes to three hours that's the operative miracle being played here, it's the fact that you cannot have a total solar eclipse during a full moon.
But Luke says it was...
I think another interesting aspect of this is that the god of the pagans was vanquished in the same way that the gods of the Egyptians were vanquished in the plaques.

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calendar converter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Hampshire
temu wrote:
sonofJAC wrote:
So how could the sun be darkened by the covering of the disk of the sun by the moon if the moon was full and on the other side of the earth?


By the hand of YHUH....


Again, agreed! :drinks:

_________________
Grace and peace to you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy