Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm 

She needs prayer for one of her children. Since she doesn't believe this Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination, we can step up and pray for her child...

Hi All,

Just a heads up for you all - the last couple of weeks have brought a life-threatening diagnosis for one of our children, and all my time and energy is focused there right now. I've contacted some of you via email (those of you I have email addys for) about the situation and am so grateful for the emails of love and encouragement as well as your commitments to pray for our family, many of you adding us to your local prayer lists.

There are some here that I'd like to fill in, but simply have not had the time to pm you here individually from this page; if you would pm me your email address, that would be helpful, as I can send out one email to several folks at one time. You guys know who you are
smile emoticon

I won't elaborate much here now. Suffice it to say that we appreciate prayers for our family right now. Healing for our child and for our family as we all walk this very difficult path together.

I'm so thankful for the foundation God has provided in depth for me in Grace over the past several years. I know that no matter the outcome of our present situation, God is faithful to walk every step with us - He will never leave us or forsake us \o/.

I'm sorry to be so brief; I have so much on my plate right now. Our local fellowship is loving and serving us so well in this difficult time - they are a wonderful example of a healthy, vibrant community of believers who walk in love and grace. We are so very thankful for them!

Thanks for your prayers; lift us up - God knows the details, and at some point I'll be sharing more here.

Love you guys,
Wendy at JGIG

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 pm 

Pray for your enemies. May YHWH save and heal this child FROM the traditions of her elders...

Whatever you sow, THAT shall ye reap.

I feel bad that one time I condemned her for knowingly feeding pork to her children, sited a reference from my old Microbiology book that swine was a known vector for viruses linked to "Juvenile Diabetes," etc. We went round and round. I got staked by the Romans, so to speak...

I am a firm believer in John Locke's Tabula Rossa. You do write upon the blank slate of your children's hearts just exactly what kind of person you want them to grow up to become...

I hope YHWH heals her child and saves her from the lies that she grew up in, etc... I grew up in a house full of ghosts and lies, and I grew up believing in its sorcery until one day when YHWH rolled away the stone from my heart. I sure hope the same thing happens to Wendy's child.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:41 pm 

Yikes...cancer in a child. She needs cannabis oil for her kid.

I have a few minutes here, so a quick update on what's going on with our family.

Our 11 year-old son, Daniel, was diagnosed with brain and spine cancer on August 9th. After a consult with St. Jude Children's Hospital on August 28, he was accepted into a study and we chose for him to be treated there. We're so thankful to be within driving distance from the best place in the world for his treatment, and under the care of *the* doctor that doctors from all over the world go to for information/input about the kind of cancer that Daniel has.

It's been an incredibly busy and overwhelming 5 weeks. I'm past the trauma of the diagnosis and 2 brain surgeries and am settling in for the marathon that treatment will be for Daniel and for our family. There are logistical challenges for my husband and I managing a large family, work, and one (and in many cases both) of us needing to be with Daniel. Our church family has been amazing in providing meals and other wonderful support to our family during this time - it's so cool to see the Body of Christ engaging in a healthy way, and we're so blessed to be on the receiving end.

Daniel is doing remarkably well through all of this. He knows how serious his situation is, but trusts in God. He's had a brain biopsy and the primary tumor removed from the posterior fossa/fourth ventricle of his brain (2 separate surgeries), and this week (tomorrow) will begin 6 weeks of radiation therapy, followed by 6 weeks 'off', followed by seven, 28-day courses of chemotherapy. We have carefully weighed the options and have prayed and sought counsel and feel led that this is the right course of treatment for our son.

Just as David trusted in the goodness and ability of God to rid Israel of Goliath, and still had to pick up some stones, load his sling shot, swing, and aim for that giant to come crashing down, sometimes we are required to use the tools we have been given and are skilled with (speaking of the doctors at St. Jude, here) to take down the giants in our lives - in this case brain and spine cancer.

Bluntly, the cure rate for what Daniel has is 60-65%. It's going to be a long, tough road. We will be praying that the Spirit of Christ Who lives in Daniel would take every treatment to every cancer cell in Daniel's body and kill them dead, never to return, while at the same time protecting Daniel from the side effects of treatment. We know that Daniel will experience many side effects - the ones we're praying against are permanent things.

If God brings Daniel to mind, please pray that his treatment would do as it's intended and do no harm. That'll do =o).

Beyond that, we're trusting that God will walk every step of the way with each of us, no matter the outcome. Daniel is in Christ and God knows Daniel, so whatever happens, God is still good, and He is still faithful, His ultimate will already done in my sweet son's life \o/.

Gotta run - thanks for all of your prayers on Daniel's behalf!

Grace and peace,
-JGIG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:

I feel bad that one time I condemned her for knowingly feeding pork to her children

Everyone should be warned about swine, bro. Well, moreso those who claim to keep covenant with Yahuah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:01 pm 

Man, oh man, "El Judges..." may Yah be merciful to this child if it be his will to do so. Brain and spinal cancer... :rose:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:05 pm 

temu wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:

I feel bad that one time I condemned her for knowingly feeding pork to her children

Everyone should be warned about swine, bro. Well, moreso those who claim to keep covenant with Yahuah.

I just wish Wendy knew that Yah is not messing around. At least her testimony reminds me to fear the mighty hand of the Maker in my own walk...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:36 pm 

What a hard road for anybody to have to walk! I hope and pray that tjis family come to know Yah, in spirit and in truth, like they have never known before. I pray Yah to utilize this situation for good, that they be as zealous for his truth as they've been for religious opinion. This is sich a horribly hard thing and I truly hope that only good comes from it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:06 am 

Dear Heavenly Father, creator of heaven and earth, Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, please have mercy on this boy and his family. Forgive their trespasses and heal Daniel completely. If it be your will, may Daniel live a long, righteous life devoted to making disciples of the nations, teaching others the Good News and to obey everything Yahushua HaMashiach commanded.

Bless you, YHWH. Help us to remember all your benefits. You forgive all iniquity, heal all diseases, redeem life from the pit, and crown with steadfast love and mercy (Psalm 103:2-4). Show this family truth and healing.

Your great mercy and love, they are from of old. … According to your love hear my prayer, for you are good, O YHWH. We are thankful for giving us your son, Yahushua HaMashiach, and we ask these things in His name, Amein.

(Exodus 15:26)

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 am 

temu wrote:
Yikes...cancer in a child. She needs cannabis oil for her kid.

Yes. Wendy, if you're reading this, please do some prayer, reading and research on Rick Simpson oil.

I posted a link elsewhere on this site, but look at this video on how to make small batch cannabis oil. Because a flammable solvent is required to extract the resin, making large quantities can be dangerous. Just recently there was a local story in the news of a man who sustained severe burns from an explosion making large batch of cannabis oil. A similar incident was also reported in the news last year when a fire started in a home while someone was making cannabis oil. So if you try it, be careful.

I cannot vouch for this as I haven't made it, nor can I testify to the effectiveness of cannabis oil as a treatment, but testimonies about it are compelling.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:12 am 

Toshav wrote:
Because a flammable solvent is required to extract the resin, making large quantities can be dangerous.

Indeed. A spark is all that is needed for catastrophe. For that reason I have chosen to run a generator from a distance away to power a hot plate for the still. Being sealed, and no open flame, AND doing it outdoors are all simple precautions necessary in my game plan. Rather than evaporate, I'll recapture and reuse the solvent. Been studying this for a while, but can't find anyone who has done this...yet.

I have chosen organic, 200 proof ethanol as a solvent so lower temps (no water to boil out) can be used.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:58 am 

I wonder if the process for small batches can be used to extract oils from other herbs, as well? For those who may be wondering, the muslin bag looks like a jelly bag for making jelly. Many people are ignorant of canning and cooking so if you go to the store and ask for a muslin bag, you will likely get blank stares. But of you ask for jelly bags and canning supplies, you will save a bit of time searching. I like the idea of creating a double boiler, too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:46 am 

Toshav wrote:
Dear Heavenly Father, creator of heaven and earth, Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, please have mercy on this boy and his family. Forgive their trespasses and heal Daniel completely. If it be your will, may Daniel live a long, righteous life devoted to making disciples of the nations, teaching others the Good News and to obey everything Yahushua HaMashiach commanded.

Bless you, YHWH. Help us to remember all your benefits. You forgive all iniquity, heal all diseases, redeem life from the pit, and crown with steadfast love and mercy (Psalm 103:2-4). Show this family truth and healing.

Your great mercy and love, they are from of old. … According to your love hear my prayer, for you are good, O YHWH. We are thankful for giving us your son, Yahushua HaMashiach, and we ask these things in His name, Amein.

(Exodus 15:26)

Yes, I agree. May it be so, YHWH Rafa!

:rose: