Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:12 pm 

Greetings all!
It's been a while since I have posted here although I have stopped by from time to time to see if there was anything going on.
I hope everyone had a joyous and meaningful Feast of Tabernacles.
I celebrated on the coast of Maine again this year with about three dozen other people.
It was certainly good to spend 8 days with like-minded people.
Our little fellowship group has gotten drastically smaller the last couple of years. About 6 years ago, we would regularly have about a dozen folks to keep the Sabbath and have a good home Bible Study or listen to someone. One person has left and most of the others have gone to sleep to await that shout at the Last Trump. Now, it's a treat if we have three or four.
How are you all doing?
Warm regards,
sonofJAC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 am 

Great to hear from you! The feasts just keep getting better and better as we progress through His cycles!

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:27 pm 

It's really awesome to hear back from you, SonofJac. I am so glad you and yours are keeping faithful to the feasts. Don't let anybody judge you in the matter, as Paul emphatically states...

I wish you were in North Texas and not Maine, or vise versa... this life... what a funny thing that we are so similar and yet so very far away in time and distance.

Please let me know if you ever need anything, brother.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:25 am 

Thanks Terry and Jon,
Yes, the Feasts and Holy Days and the Sabbath are part of THE Life.
It is so true that one cannot understand their meaning or their purpose unless one starts keeping them.
I've had many discussions with S-I-L#1, that he cannot understand God's plan of salvation without a good understanding of the Feasts and Holy Days and the Sabbath. But alas, he is "under grace and doing the Lord's work".
But you know, I don't or can't really fault him. No man can come to the Father unless he is called. So in a way, it's like trying to teach a cat to play the harmonica. It ain't going to happen unless there's a change that only the Father can provide. And even then, many are called but few are chosen. But I always hold out hope that he (and my daughter) will remember the things I've said and more importantly, the things I do, so that when the time of trial comes, they may have that change of heart.

The time of trial... hmmm, that's an interesting thought all by itself. I am convinced that is what is needed by many of us here in the USA that call ourselves "True Christians". Truly, so many of us don't know what it's like to be persecuted and brought into the fiery trial. Certainly that is the cure for Laodiceanism. With the way this country is going, I don't believe that time is too far off.
Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome. I hope you and your families are doing well.
sonofJAC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:45 pm 

Hi son of jac! So good to see you!
This year I got to help put up a sukkah at the local messianic synagouge, and helped to decorate it too. Went to some of the services, too.

Right now I am undergoing some tough stuff...but the challenges to faith on the national level, is needed.