Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stock Up
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:45 am 

The grocery store where I usually shop is a large nation-wide chain that often advertises its promotions/news via the t-shirts the employees wear. The t-shirts change fairly regularly and you might see things like :"Get Plus Points!" or "Summer Grillin'" and the like. I usually don't pay much attention to the t-shirts, but I certainly did last week. When I saw it, it was like time froze for a few moments and the words were burned in my mind.

The words said only, "STOCK UP"

Just thought I'd pass that on.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

Post subject: Re: Stock Up
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:30 pm 

In many stores, this time of the year is usually the best for sales, getting rid of overstock, summer produce etc. and IS a good time to stock up. Frequently, meat sales are very good, too. Depending on where you live, and which store you shop at, you can find those 50lb bags of onions, and 100lb sacks of potatoes, sacks of fresh pinto beans, bushels of roasted chili peppers etc.

How were the prices at the store you were at compared to the usual?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 am 

Judith1 wrote:
In many stores, this time of the year is usually the best for sales, getting rid of overstock, summer produce etc. and IS a good time to stock up. Frequently, meat sales are very good, too. Depending on where you live, and which store you shop at, you can find those 50lb bags of onions, and 100lb sacks of potatoes, sacks of fresh pinto beans, bushels of roasted chili peppers etc.

How were the prices at the store you were at compared to the usual?

I think about the same (regular features and sales), though I did notice good meat sales. Thankfully, I haven't been buying any produce but bananas because we're living off the garden and fruit trees, and we processed our chickens last month so there's meat in the freezer.

I just saw it as a possible warning from above to stock up.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:12 pm 

i am inundated with greenbeans this year. In a week, I picked over 4 gallons of them, and these are only volunteers from last year's seed lol! And the amount of plants is less than half of what I planted intentionally last year lol!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:28 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
i am inundated with greenbeans this year. In a week, I picked over 4 gallons of them, and these are only volunteers from last year's seed lol! And the amount of plants is less than half of what I planted intentionally last year lol!

What a blessing. Thanks be to Him! I had a lot of volunteer beens this year too, and I was grateful. Yellow wax are the best, hands down.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:39 pm 

Quote:
What a blessing. Thanks be to Him! I had a lot of volunteer beens this year too, and I was grateful. Yellow wax are the best, hands down.

I agree! My favorite is the yellow wax...but I didn't get any volunteers this time lol! I think I picked them to the bone last year because they actually grew for a change, and didn't rust or rot lol!

I don't care for the kentucky wonder bean which is what grew voluntarily this year, I much prefer the bush type, but I am glad to have them anyway.