Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Are organ meats clean?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:09 pm 

It's hard to think a heart could ever be clean, but I need to ask you all your opinion:

Are organ meats clean?

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:31 pm 

From a clean animal, I don't see why they wouldn't be?

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:39 pm 

My favorite meal is liver and onions smothered in gravy (from a clean, free-range animal). I sure hope they're clean...

Paleo eating goes with the territory when you tap into the ancient ones and their customs... I see this akin to Indian tribes eating the whole buffalo; I think the ancient Israelites did the same...

On the other hand, I cannot fathom eating ANY PART of the pig, or even the CAFO cow... GMO e.coli shit meat "corn finished..." what kind of corn? GMO corn, of course... toxic-sludge-caked-on-acidic-death-breeding-Cargill Corp meat...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... meats.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:01 pm 

I'm asking because I think there's some debate whether/how much you can get the blood out. Hearts seem pretty bloody to me, even if the blood is drained out according to Torah.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:05 pm 

Toshav wrote:
It's hard to think a heart could ever be clean, but I need to ask you all your opinion:

I guess I should have said something like "but I need to ask everyone's opinion here."

My grammar leaves much to be desired after I've had a sabbath nap with the baby… lol :s_coffee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:11 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
My favorite meal is liver and onions smothered in gravy (from a clean, free-range animal). I sure hope they're clean...

That sounds pretty good. This is the first year I've asked dh to keep the livers when he's processing our chickens. I'd like to make some herb-y paté.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:03 pm 

You are what you eat... lamb, goat, chicken, deer, buffalo, cattle -- all grass-fed, free-range... I'd say you're good to go. If the heart pumps the blood, and the blood has been drained completely out of the animal causing death, then how would the heart still have blood within it? Just my two cents...