Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My dog ate Advil
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 am 

I know pet prayer requests can be silly sometimes, but please pray for my dog. Yesterday a big bottle of Children's Advil was spilled on a blanket on the floor and our dog quickly lapped up a lot of it. We aren't sure how much she ate because the blanket absorbed some. I didn't have the ability to got to a vet (I have no vehicle and my dh was working out of the town for the day).

I just watched her for the day and she seemed OK afterward, but then about four hours later started vomiting dark, dark brown vomit. She still seems OK (tail wagging, up and about), but vomits her food and water. I know ibuprofen can cause ulcerative bleeding in the stomach and kidney damage, so I am worried. In hindsight I realize I should have induced vomiting immediately with hydrogen peroxide. I had a dog eat a jumbo bag of Hersey's Kisses once, and the H2O2 worked well to bring everything up.

Please pray for her. I do have access to a vehicle today and may take her into a vet, but I'm praying there is no permanent damage.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

Post subject: Re: My dog ate Advil
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:54 am 

Not silly to me! Activated charcoal?

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:26 am 

temu wrote:
Not silly to me! Activated charcoal?

I don't have activated charcoal, but I have thought on a few occasions I really should get some to have on hand. We always had it in the house when I was growing up. Thanks for the reminder.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:06 am 

Can you call a vet or find one online that you can text? How's the dog doing right now?

I know that a small amount of tylenol can be a killer, and it's not immediate. It destroys the liver over the span of just a couple of weeks, but I don't know about tylenol. I really think you should consult a vet and see what they have to say. That way, at least you can be at peace if it's not a big deal, and if it is, then you CAN call an ambulance, your local fire department, or even the animal control officer for assistance!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 am 

I came late in reading your post, so I hope everything is alright with your dog. Is she doing ok thus far? O YHWH heal our sister's pet. May your dog heal and be made whole again, and may the drug effects disappear throughout her body systems...

Toshav, I think we are the caretakers of the animal realm; we have dominion over the terrestrial plane as gods, we are the sons and daughters of the Most High. So I think that prayer for pets is so important. I do it all the time as well as lay hands on my pets and stroke them with the energy that flows from me to them as I pray...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:33 pm 

I laid hands on my dog and prayed for her when she was so sick with parvo. That poor dog vomited violently for 6 days, and she was given rest on the Sabbath, of all days. I was and still am, so grateful. She's lucky she survived as sick as she was with fever over 106 degrees F and full of secondary infection. It's a wonder she didn't tortion her stomach because she vomited over 30 times in just the first 24 hours. So yes, animals do need prayers. AND they are accountable to YHVH for violating nature and injuring humans. Somewhere in Genesis.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:21 am 

Thank you for your comments and prayers, friends.

Just to update, I did take my dog to the vet the following day just to run some blood work and check for kidney function. The vet thought the dark brown vomit was probably due to ulcerative bleeding, but thankfully the kidney parameters turned out to be normal. We were given meds to coat the stomach and reduce acid function while it healed, as well as a few days of GI-friendly food.

We did notice she was not as energetic for a few days following, but otherwise normal. I ended up only giving the meds for one day… I'm suspicious of even dog medications. She's seems totally back to normal now with high energy, great appetite, and a cheerful tail.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:39 am 

My dog loves TUMS lol!

I'm glad your dog is doing better. Thanks so much for the update.