Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pesach 2015
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:32 pm 

I am Karaite in beliefs; therefore, I think that Abib, "the beginning of months," was last March 22, and that Pesach will be April 4 Shabbat evening.

I hope you all have a blessed and awesome Pesach this year, regardless of what date you consider.

:drinks:

Post subject: Re: Pesach 2015
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:38 pm 

By the way, that is the next BLOOD MOON, April 4, 2015.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:27 pm 

The full moon on April 4 would make the date on the Heb. calendar the 15th, especially since that blood moon will be after sunset. It's crazy trying to keep up with the specifics.

I'm having to travel this year, have a granddaughter graduating from Army basic training in Lawton, OK on the 3rd. Mark Biltz is supposed to have a live sader and I'm hoping at least to catch that while I'm there.

I've not seen my family in several years, and we used to do passover together. I miss that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 pm 

Covering a couple bases again this year, we have decided to keep two calendars :pardon: I just can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt any calendar to satisfaction. Funny, Eric Bissell told me in his travels last year he encountered near 20 variations. I should be thankful for narrowing it down to two!

So, it's DOUBLE the feast times for us!

ENJOY! Come Yhusha!

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:12 pm 

Just out of interest, which two calendars are you keeping? And would you mind sharing the dates?

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:04 am 

Psalm 119 wrote:
Just out of interest, which two calendars are you keeping? And would you mind sharing the dates?

We, on the first calendar, began the new moon on the 5th (full moon), so we have already had Pesach and been though the unleavened bread. We'll be joining our Tejas brother above (sliver moon) with bread, wine, foot washing on the eve of the 3rd (this coming month) with Pesach to follow the next evening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:18 am 

Do you happen to have an online teaching that you could refer me to with regards to the first calendar? Also, do you have any thoughts you would care to share on 119's conjunction teaching? Thanks Temu! :)

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:46 pm 

Psalm 119 wrote:
Do you happen to have an online teaching that you could refer me to with regards to the first calendar? Also, do you have any thoughts you would care to share on 119's conjunction teaching? Thanks Temu! :)

I believe there are sights that do the full moon as the new moon (that are not swayed by the Enochian calendar), but I don't have them on hand. I absolutely do not agree with the conjunction calendar, but that's just me. Looking to darkness to seek light just never sat well at all. We are children of light.

Just some considerations: The Full Moon/Abib Barley Calendar seems to fits the Scriptures from beginning to end and may solve many Calendar issues. Unlike the conjunction calendar, the beginning of the month is observable as Scripture prescribes. It is in perfect alignment with concept of Chodesh (even POLISHED and SHINY)--restored, renewed, rejuvenated, recreated---and YHUH’s original instruction to the moon to rule the night with light--not vanish just after appearing leaving the world in darkness! It puts Pesach in darkness which is Scriptural, or “thick darkness” as the Scriptures say repeatedly, in which the messenger of death did his work. It also requires the light of YHUH’s pillar of fire to guide Israel in the darkness, and fits with Abraham’s Passover experience in thick darkness in the valley of blood, and with YAHUSHA’s declaration to the mob on the night before His Pesach, “this is your hour, when darkness reigns.” It fits. Albeit not by traditions.

Beyond that it becomes a beautiful illustration of the Bride who descends from the perfect plan that YHUH had for her, into the darkness of the fall, and back into the light of full restoration. Instead of turning her face from darkness into the full light of Messiah and then back into darkness again, she falls from HIs grace (light) into darkness but is restored into the fullness of His light reflecting Him with every part of her being.

This could go on and on but you get the point. The sliver moon and conjunction calendars fall short from a Hebraic standpoint. They teach that the Chodesh or restoration leaves the world in darkness--un-illuminated--just as the sliver and the conjunction do. The concept of Chodesh, or full restoration is lost. The darkness and the sliver are inconsistent with the meaning of the letters Chet-Dalet-Shin---the portal of the month defined by enclosed brightness and light. The illustrations created by the darkness and the sliver are not accurate pictures of our Messiah and His Bride. But all these considerations may solved by the restored moon, and by a Scripturally accurate understanding of the Abib which YHUH controls with the Sun.

The wife and I have driven out to a nearby ridge where we ( at sunup) have witnessed the full moon in the sky to the West, and the fulness of the sun coming up over Yosemite to the East. At this point in time, both can be witnessed in all their splendor for some 20-30 full minutes before the moon sinks into the West. I must say, this is a very striking event to see...and consider.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:46 pm 

I was asked the other day about this...the fellow who asked was a conjunction guy, saying the hiding was only possible during full darkness. Let's consider that...

1Sa 20:5 And Dawiḏ said to Yehonathan, “See, tomorrow is the New Moon, and I ought to sit with the sovereign to eat. But let me go, and I shall hide in the field until the third day at evening.

As an outdoors guy, the full moon is just the ticket in Dawids situation. Going and hiding is an easy task during the bright moon. Plenty of light to see without needing a fire/torch...a dead givaway of your position. However, for one tracking, the opposite is true...you would absolutely need more than the moonlight to track with, plus it would be a giveaway of your position...and alert anyone hiding.

As usual, there are numerous ways to consider these matters. I've read too many teachings and saw too many videos already. I just want to know what the Scriptures say.

Psa 81:3 Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the full moon, on our festival day.

:s_smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 am 

Thanks Temu! :smile: You definitely gave me some more interesting things to ponder and study.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 am 

Psalm 119 wrote:
Thanks Temu! :smile: You definitely gave me some more interesting things to ponder and study.

You are more than welcome! I only offer those things for consideration; never a 'thus sayeth'! Just trying to elaborate where I am at this point in time...next year I may have to rearrange the pieces...again.

I may have to drive out to the overlook and do a video of the event described. It's very moving and stunning to witness; paints quite a picture...and feels so balanced.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:43 pm 

Just thinking outside of the box here, but wouldn't it just make sense that the moment when the messenger of death blew through the camps of Egypt, smiting the firstborn as the culmination of plagues--wouldn't it just make sense that the beginning of the plagues coincided with the *waxing* moon? ...that the bowl was in the barley, Abib, with the first sliver, and the plagues began to fall upon the wicked as the moon *waxed* above? ...culminating in the Passover Lamb on the Full Moon?

Seems to me that if you are going to declare a mighty thing, it will be on the Full Moon, not the sliver. The Orthodox Jews follow the sliver as the New Moon, however, why in the world are they practicing Pesach on Friday, April 3? when the Full Moon / Blood Moon is April 4, which is also 15 days after the sliver???

I stand with my Jewish bros, but I just don't get why some of them are so much like Roman Catholics?

That's why I'm Karaite. :dirol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:52 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
wouldn't it just make sense...

Trying to make some sense of it all...

:pardon:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:44 am 

I have trouble w/ Passover every year. Last year it snuck up on me. This year I planned on doing Passover on Friday by cooking a nice Kosher (as Kosher as I can make it) meal and discussing Jesus, The Exodus and such.

I normally spend days cleaning the house and putting all leaven in the basement. (I know it should go out of the house but...)

This week has been hectic building a goat barn and stuff. We did a pretty good house cleaning on Monday but there are 4 adults and 3 children here.

I always feel like I fall short in planning and putting my all into Passover. I guess if I had grown up w/ it, it would be smoother.

I would like to mainly have a nice bbq on the 7th day but that is against the Sabbath rules of kindling fires.

I want it to be special this year because my daughter and family is living here now and they have never done Passover.

I know Passover is suppose to be a celebration but usually by the time I get finished prepping for it I am exhausted.

I need some advise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:44 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
I have trouble w/ Passover every year. Last year it snuck up on me. This year I planned on doing Passover on Friday by cooking a nice Kosher (as Kosher as I can make it) meal and discussing Jesus, The Exodus and such.

I normally spend days cleaning the house and putting all leaven in the basement. (I know it should go out of the house but...)

This week has been hectic building a goat barn and stuff. We did a pretty good house cleaning on Monday but there are 4 adults and 3 children here.

I always feel like I fall short in planning and putting my all into Passover. I guess if I had grown up w/ it, it would be smoother.

I would like to mainly have a nice bbq on the 7th day but that is against the Sabbath rules of kindling fires.

I want it to be special this year because my daughter and family is living here now and they have never done Passover.

I know Passover is suppose to be a celebration but usually by the time I get finished prepping for it I am exhausted.

I need some advise.

My family and I are pretty much always playing catch up with everything around the place, especially keeping the house clean. Both myself and my wife are educators, and we put in a lot of time at school, and my campus is nearly an hour drive away, so I put in nearly two hours drive time everyday. I predict that we will not be totally prepared for Pesach as we should, but I don't think Yah holds it against us. I think every attempt to turn from darkness towards the light, little by little, is considered by the Father, and he knows our hearts and desires. Maybe it's not as fancy a seder as the typical Jewish family, but it is certainly an attempt in the right direction.

It is at least certainly not like Easter... a coworker this week told me that her church was doing a Passover Seder on THURSDAY! :s_omg When I asked her why her church was doing it on Thursday, she replied that that was the day they decided to designate for the seder,,,,, but then they are also doing the "sunrise service" for Easter... Southern Baptists. I'm sure Abba is well pleased over the mixture. :sad:

At any rate, you are blessed, Vector. Do Pesach the best that you know how and don't worry about perfection since we are in dress rehearsal for the real deal one day in his presence... :rose:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

I need some advise.

Have your BBQ ready before Pesach if that is a concern. Pesach work must be done to prepare anyways. Fire it up in the evening.

The evening before Pesach, have a foot-washing with family as Messiah did.

Joh 13:14 “Then if I, Master and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.
Joh 13:15 “For I gave you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

As well, partake of the bread and the wine...

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, יהושע took bread, and having blessed, broke and gave it to the taught ones and said, “Take, eat, this is My body.”
Mat 26:27 And taking the cup, and giving thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
Mat 26:28 “For this is My blood, that of the renewed covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Do try to express the total solemn nature of this event, the self-examination is paramount. Emphasize this is for those ONLY who desire to be in covenant with Him...very important...not a trivial matter whatsoever.

1Co 11:23 For I received from the Master that which I also delivered to you: that the Master יהושע in the night in which He was delivered up took bread,
1Co 11:24 and having given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat, this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
1Co 11:25 In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the renewed covenant in My blood. As often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me.”
1Co 11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the death of the Master until He comes.
1Co 11:27 So that whoever should eat this bread or drink this cup of the Master unworthily shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Master.
1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For the one who is eating and drinking unworthily, eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Master.
1Co 11:30 Because of this many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.
1Co 11:31 For if we were to examine ourselves, we would not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Master, that we should not be condemned with the world.

:rose:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:54 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
her church was doing a Passover Seder on THURSDAY! :s_omg When I asked her why her church was doing it on Thursday, she replied that that was the day they decided to designate for the seder,,,,, but then they are also doing the "sunrise service" for Easter.

Oh noes. Professing the True Messiah then adulterating with a whore a few days later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:57 pm 

From what I understand, Passover this year is from April 3rd through April 11.

I understand the Sedar (I think)

What do you do after Sedar through April 11?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

We will be doing our footwashing, bread, wine, on the eve, of the 3rd. Pesach the eve of the 4th.

Seder means 'order', usually followed with rabbinic nonsense and added features that are not in Scripture, an egg, a shankbone, etc. The rabbinics TRADITIONAL structure is thus:

Zeroah: A Roasted Bone
This reminds us of the Pesach offering we used to bring in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

Beitzah: A hard-boiled Egg
This reminds us of the festival offering which was brought to the Holy Temple on Pesach.

Maror: Horseradish Root
These bitter herbs symbolize the harsh suffering and bitter times we endured when we were slaves in Egypt.

Charoset: A mixture of chopped apple, walnuts and red wine. Ground up together, Charoset resembles bricks and mortar, reminding us how hard we were forced to work when we were slaves in Egypt.

Karpas: This can be a small slice of onion, boiled potato or sprigs of parsley. We dip the Karpas into salt water at the beginning of the Seder, representing the salty tears we cried when we were slaves.

Chazeret: Romaine Lettuce
This is the second portion of bitter herbs which we eat during the Seder. This is eaten in a Matzah sandwich together with Maror.

Personally, we just follow Scripture without all the added tradition of the rabbis.

What begins/comes after?

Lev 23:6 ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7 ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.
Lev 23:8 ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:51 am 

temu wrote:
Texas Jon wrote:
her church was doing a Passover Seder on THURSDAY! :s_omg When I asked her why her church was doing it on Thursday, she replied that that was the day they decided to designate for the seder,,,,, but then they are also doing the "sunrise service" for Easter.

Oh noes. Professing the True Messiah then adulterating with a whore a few days later.

Exactly! :bad: And then she goes on to give me the Jesus the Risen Savior speech, and that he came up at sunrise Sunday morning. When I pointed out in the text that it actually states that he had already risen prior (most logically the day before) and that the witnesses saw that the tomb was already empty "before the sun had risen," her response was that Christians typically celebrate his resurrection on Sunday morning as a tradition...

:whistle:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:48 pm 

temu wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

We will be doing our footwashing, bread, wine, on the eve, of the 3rd. Pesach the eve of the 4th.

Seder means 'order', usually followed with rabbinic nonsense and added features that are not in Scripture, an egg, a shankbone, etc. The rabbinics TRADITIONAL structure is thus:

Zeroah: A Roasted Bone
This reminds us of the Pesach offering we used to bring in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

Beitzah: A hard-boiled Egg
This reminds us of the festival offering which was brought to the Holy Temple on Pesach.

Maror: Horseradish Root
These bitter herbs symbolize the harsh suffering and bitter times we endured when we were slaves in Egypt.

Charoset: A mixture of chopped apple, walnuts and red wine. Ground up together, Charoset resembles bricks and mortar, reminding us how hard we were forced to work when we were slaves in Egypt.

Karpas: This can be a small slice of onion, boiled potato or sprigs of parsley. We dip the Karpas into salt water at the beginning of the Seder, representing the salty tears we cried when we were slaves.

Chazeret: Romaine Lettuce
This is the second portion of bitter herbs which we eat during the Seder. This is eaten in a Matzah sandwich together with Maror.

Personally, we just follow Scripture without all the added tradition of the rabbis.

What begins/comes after?

Lev 23:6 ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7 ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.
Lev 23:8 ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”

I have totally blown it. :(

We went shopping today.I planned on getting stuff to make a nice Passover dinner. Zach has been wanting to make a yummy burrito casserole. We picked out the tuff for that and I totally forgot the Passover dinner stuff. We just pulled out of our parking spot and it hit me.

We had the casserole, broke bread and drank wine. When I was in the pagan tradition world I would go all out and do my very best for holidays. I feel like should have made Yeshua a priority on this and did my very best. I should has reread the Bible verses about Passover and planned ahead.

I let Him down and I know it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 am 

Oh Vectorwoman, I hear you and sure can relate! Shamefully, it seems we have spent more time over the last few days preparing for birthdays than for Passover. We too have somebody new to Passover joining us tomorrow night yet we feel we are so very new to it ourselves and don't quite know what to do. Such a comfort and reassurance to know that He does not expect perfection and that this is a dress rehearsal. [[HUGS!!]] :friends:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:54 pm 

I blew it too, and I'm not sure where I posted about it, but I do NOT feel good about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:18 am 

Well, I am sure I did not do something just right in prepping and completing Pesach this year, but we are in the days of unleavened bread now, and now is the time to endeavor to keep the feasts... we are still just in the dress rehearsal for the Real Deal, "the shadow of things to come..."

And not to toot my own horn, but Karaites have it right if you follow the sliver as the New Moon (not the conjunction), and the Full Moon is the High Sabbath. There just so happens to be two blood moons this year: April 4, 2015 (Karaite Pesach) and September 28, 2015 (Karaite Sukkot)...

:s_tongue