Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hello...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:11 pm 

Hi everybody,

A family member introduced me to this discussion forum and I've enjoyed reading the threads here.
I have much to learn so will likely be doing more reading than posting, though I may post a question every so often.
Looking forward to fellowshipping on this board. Thanks so much for having me. :smile:

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

Post subject: Re: Hello...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 am 

Welcome and shalom! Feel free to jump right in! :drinks:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:42 pm 

Welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy our fellowship. We're a very motley crew, so feel free to jump right in. Shalom! :friends:

And Psalm 119 is among my favorites! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:11 pm 

Hello Psm 119! Welcome to this tiny corner of the universe lol!

Just so you know in advance...sometimes it gets REALLY QUIET here, sometimes days, or weeks even, but please, post anyway! And then all of a sudden, folks pop in from where ever they were and chatter up a storm. It's just the nature of the place so don't let it scare you away, OK?

And if you haven't noticed, we explore all kinds of topics. We tear them apart, turn 'em around and look at them from as many directions as we can. Especially controversial stuff lol! Because along the history of the world, things got perverted so we sift through the sands of history looking through it to extract what's right and true (to the best of our ability) and expose that which is false. We can see how traditions and false religions got started to separate the true word of YHVH from that which isn't from him.

We don't know everything there is to know about creation, but we are willing to take a look. That's why there seems to be some odd topics here and there. Just so ya know. The threads of Babylon string out a very long way.

Anyway, please, jump in!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:47 pm 

I really enjoy Psalm 119 and probably would have liked to post the whole chapter for my signature. I enjoy this forum and will probably start posting soon. :smile: Thanks for the welcome and Shalom everyone. :D

Know ye not that ye are the temple of Yahweh, and that the Spirit of Yahweh dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of Yahweh, him shall Yahweh destroy; for the temple of Yahweh is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 am 

Psalm 119 wrote:
I really enjoy Psalm 119 and probably would have liked to post the whole chapter for my signature. I enjoy this forum and will probably start posting soon. :smile: Thanks for the welcome and Shalom everyone. :D

Amen to that. It must have been written by a righteous man, one of the same Ruach of YHWH as the author of Psalm 1. The two remind me of each other:

Blessed are the blameless (undefiled) in their paths, who walk in the instructions of YHWH... compared with: Blessed is the man who walks not according the the counsel of the wicked, stands not in their way, nor sits in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in Torah, and upon it does he meditate day and night... :s_yes

Amen! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:58 am 

I guess I'm going to have to "piggy back" my introduction here, as any new topic I try to open here has malware in it. So.....I came over from TOL because I miss the lively debates, especially since the "night of the long knives" had expelled many other long-time posters there a couple months ago. "Al" had invited me to start a thread there about the fraud paul, but he got banned before he could start it and I could comment on it. I am NOT here to "cause trouble", but have exchanges. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 pm 

Welcome! Always enjoy lively discussions! ("Al")

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:22 pm 

Howdy there, nightflighter. Welcome aboard to our humble home. I'm not sure about the malware, but you are free to start as many threads as you like, but keep in mind, we are not shy about our opinions here, and the Mods don't normally ban anybody like they do over at OTHER boards, so bring your A game and a flame-thrower if need be. This place is a safe-haven for Torah-minded folks, and no two one of us are alike in every aspect of interpretation and philosophy, especially me. That's alright in my estimation: what the world needs now is INDEPENDENT THINKERS; I'm not all too crazy about a cult-minded homogenous group of people who believe that they are right because they go sit in a fancy, old English pew and listen to a professional churchy sophist bloviate about the latest purpose driven bullshit. The folks who frequent this board are like-minded seekers who have mostly cast aside their Romish sun cult ways and embraced the not-so-well-known Deity named YHWH and his Way (his instructions, precepts, commandments, life journey), that have long been ignored or cut out of the Christian mind. One thing we Hebrew folks do hold dear and in common, though, is that we will not tolerate someone coming over here just to inflame a member or cause trouble. We normally don't ban or run folks off unless you just come over here to be an asshole...

Awhile back, I got banned by House Wolf at the Tree of Churchianity after Tony E gave me some time off for arguing with him over another poster's rude comments to me, and I openly criticized them for it. I gave him the what for, stating that it was apparent that as long as you were Roman Catholic / Methodist / Baptist, etc., then you could pretty much say whatever you wanted and get away with it. That board is a joke for all kinds of reasons, but for me, they are the tree dead at the roots fit for an ax... and they truly represent our current state of condition on this great continent as the Church of Laodicea.

Again, welcome, nightflighter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:14 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Tony E

Disagree with him (his warped theology) and you get banned, though he will use another 'excuse' to hide behind. When INVAR was there, the place was pretty good. I still read there sometimes and see some real vitriol from the mainstream regulars, but of course that usually gets a pass. Disagree with their mainstream-ism doctrine and you can vanish at any time.

Tree of Liberty...Lol.

:bad:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:23 pm 

Yeah, "Tree of Liberty..." LOL.

The story goes that during the Red Coat invasion, the Colonialists met in secret in pubs and barns, and one particular "Tree of Liberty" in which they stood together and openly discussed issues concerning their country against the British, even staging their rebellion against the King.

How ironic...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm 

Hello again! I don't know, it must be the "smilies" here that causes my anti-malware to act up. Anyway...Interesting you mention Tony E. He quit at TOL a few months ago; no reason given. Maybe he "fell on his sword"? It's not what it was, oh well. That being said...I am familiar with "emily", who just posts at TB2K and JGIG. What ever happened to "Armourbearer"?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:57 pm 

Wendy, Emily, 49er, and a bunch of their high-fiving lackeys... Armourbearer, well, she's on board here but have not heard from her in a long time...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 pm 

Welcome, nightflighter. We're glad you're here. I'm on TOL too under another name, but I don't post much. Just don't have the heart, I guess.

Post away. A lot of respectful, interesting discussion here.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --