Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Standox
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:35 pm 

What the hell got into him? On a whim, I went to SB and saw an old thread pop up...why is he lying? Sheesh, he registered and posted here! (I sent him an email from this website, no reply)

Standox:

"I defeated every case he (ME) ever presented on here the most memorable one was by far Rosh Chodesh where I completely and utterly shattered the messianic feast day calender into nothing but non sense" (actually, he got his butt handed to him over the misuse of their inherited nonsense)

"they as well would let women and children freeze to death rather than build a fire on Sabbath"

"you know they told me here that they would let there kids die rather than eat pork"

"I started a thread years ago about Jesus being from a pharisee back ground and followed pharisee teachings and followed pharisee holidays, so they got mad a me about it, so i pressed them a bit and he admitted that he would let his own child die rather than eat pork yet go boating on the Sabbath..."

--------------

The only thing he got correct was boating on shabbat! :drinks: I guess he got angry over how I relax???

Perhaps he mistook faith in Abba that He would provide CLEAN food to be eaten instead of swine??? Of course THAT is Scriptural precedence because Abba NEVER gave anyone who needed food in Scripture UNCLEAN food!

I anyone is over there, tell him I await him right here to rebut his lies, or ask him for PROOF of his claims.

I'd like to provoke Judah to some jelousy, if he has the cohones to stop by again.

:dirol:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

Post subject: Re: Standox
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:08 am 

wow!

I've seen Standox flip-flop on a few things here and there in the past.

I never go there and I'm not sure if my user name is even valid anymore, and definitely don't remember my password, but I am very interested in seeing if he'll respond honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:10 am 

I was reading the book of Judith a couple of weeks ago, and that book describes such a scenario where the Jews were starving, and Judith was concerned that they'd turn to unclean foods such as their readily available cats and dogs. Yes, the bible does describe such scenarios.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:52 am 

Judith1 wrote:
I was reading the book of Judith a couple of weeks ago, and that book describes such a scenario where the Jews were starving, and Judith was concerned that they'd turn to unclean foods such as their readily available cats and dogs. Yes, the bible does describe such scenarios.

I suppose if one was cursed, that scenario would pop up and have to eat unclean. I'd hate to live with that type of mistrust and fear!

This has indeed come to pass...

Deu 28:53 “And you shall eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and your daughters whom יהוה your Elohim has given you, in the siege and distress in which your enemies distress you.

Maybe they really do not trust Him and have to make-up those creepy scenarios?

Deu 28:5 “Blessed is your basket and your kneading bowl.
Deu 28:6 “Blessed are you when you come in, and blessed are you when you go out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm 

Have you read the book of Judith? She trusted in YHVH and saved the day...sort of like Esther.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:17 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
Have you read the book of Judith? She trusted in YHVH and saved the day...sort of like Esther.

No, may have to give that a look!

:good:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 am 

Judith1 wrote:

I did years ago but don't remember much about it. Thanks for the comment. I will definitely re-read it.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=DRA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:50 am 

I just stumbled across something interesting. I had been looking at the Douay–Rheims Bible version because it is an old Ctholic translation which has the Apocrypha which has the Book of Judith.

We I forgot I had that version up (I usually use the KJV). I was looking up OT verses about unclean foods other than in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. I found this. I am posting the whole verse for context.

Ezra 9 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

1 And after these things were accomplished, the princes came to me, saying: The people of Israel, and the priests and Levites have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, and from their abominations, namely, of the Chanaanites, and the Hethites, and the Pherezites, and the Jebusites, and the Ammonites, and the Moabites, and the Egyptians, and the Amorrhites.

*(Note The Chanaanites as well as some others in the list (off hand i can't remember whom exactly) we nephilim giants).

2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves and for their sons, and they have mingled the holy seed with the people of the lands. And the hand of the princes and magistrates hath been first in this transgression.

*(The fallen angels mixed their seed with the people of the lands)

3 And when I had heard this word, I rent my mantle and my coat, and plucked off the hairs of my head and my beard, and I sat down mourning.

4 And there were assembled to me all that feared the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that were come from the captivity, and I sat sorrowful, until the evening sacrifice.

5 And at the evening sacrifice I rose up from my affliction, and having rent my mantle and my garment, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands to the Lord my God,

6 And said: My God I am confounded and ashamed to lift up my face to thee: for our iniquities are multiplied over our heads, and our sins are grown up even unto heaven,

7 From the days of our fathers: and we ourselves also have sinned grievously unto this day, and for our iniquities we and our kings, and our priests have been delivered into the hands of the kings of the lands, and to the sword, and to captivity, and to spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is at this day.

* Note: Disobey God's commandments and He will put you in bondage.

8 And now as a little, and for a moment has our prayer been made before the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant, and give us a pin in his holy place, and that our God would enlighten our eyes, and would give us a little life in our bondage.

9 For we are bondmen, and in our bondage our God hath not forsaken us, but hath extended mercy upon us before the king of the Persians, to give us life, and to set up the house of our God, and rebuild the desolations thereof, and to give us a fence in Juda and Jerusalem.

* Note: such as an abomination that make desolate such as spoken of by the prophet; Daniel?

10 And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,

11 Which thou hast commanded by the hand of thy servants the prophets, saying: The land which you go to possess, is an unclean land, according to the uncleanness of the people, and of other lands, with their abominations, who have filled it from mouth to mouth with their filth.

[b]*Note: What?! the land is unclean, the people are unclean, "with their abominations" "who have filled it from mouth to mouth with their filth"

*Note; The KJV says,"which have filled it from one end to another with their uncleanness."

I would like to know what the original translation of that part of the verse is. Does anyone in here know the Aramaic translation?

12 Now therefore give not your daughters to their sons, and take not their daughters for your sons, and seek not their peace, nor their prosperity forever: that you may be strengthened, and may eat the good things of the land, and may have your children your heirs for ever.

*Note: Is is just coincidence that God says to not make these abominable people part of your family..."forever" "that you may be strengthened, and may eat the good things of the land" No coincidence here. Not when God already warned us in Leviticus that eating and even touching pork is an abomination. I realize this verse is talking about way more than unclean foods but unclean foods is certainly a part of it. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.God does not want his people taking up abominable practices from people (no matter what land you are in). Jesus warned that prior to His return things would be as in the days of Noah.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood [b]they
were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

*Note who is "they"? Is is the people of God? nope. Within context of Matthew 24 and in context of what was going on prior to the flood, and context of the book of Enoch and the Book of Jubilees; "They" are the abominable people and nephilim. The falling angels taught man all the abominable things that God hates. We can see what is going on now days to get a good clue on who"they were".

"They" were "eating" (abominable things). They were drinking (probably way too much). They were marrying (men marrying men and women marrying women).

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

No coincidence here.
(Back to Ezra 9)

13 And after all that is come upon us, for our most wicked deeds, and our great sin, seeing that thou our God hast saved us from our iniquity, and hast given us a deliverance as at this day,

14 That we should not turn away, nor break thy commandments, nor join in marriage with the people of these abominations. Art thou angry with us unto utter destruction, not to leave us a remnant to be saved?

* Note: I don't know about you the reader but; I want to be very careful these days about angering God. I want Him on my side. I do not want to be thrown into bondage because of disobedience.

15 O Lord God of Israel, thou art just: for we remain yet to be saved as at this day. Behold we are before thee in our sin, for there can be no standing before thee in this matter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:39 am 

VW, you might check esword ...I don't have it on this particular computer as this one is a linux, but esword is for widows, and is free and has the duey rheims bible among many others, for free. I believe Temu has it, and probably has the correct link for it. I don't happen to have it handy.

There is an area within the program where you can see the listing of all the available bibles, free and paid, and will download them and install them for you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:12 pm 

Free CD...

http://awakenedchurch.us1.list-manage1. ... b16cbe52da

Site...

http://awakenedchurch.com/e-sword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
VW, you might check esword ...I don't have it on this particular computer as this one is a linux, but esword is for widows, and is free and has the duey rheims bible among many others, for free. I believe Temu has it, and probably has the correct link for it. I don't happen to have it handy.

There is an area within the program where you can see the listing of all the available bibles, free and paid, and will download them and install them for you.

Thanks. I like Biblegateway.It isn't a download but is has just about any Bible you can think of.

A while back Temu sent me an esword disc. It is pretty awesome. The thing is I have a friend from the Ukraine who is seeking truth and at the agnostic stage in his walk so I gave it to him thinking it would be a useful tool for him and I am pretty sure it has been.

Yes Temu; I gave your gift to me away. :s_rofl

It was for an honorable reason though. :smile:

I think I will check it out online though since I haven't looked at it in along time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 pm 

temu wrote:

Thanks Temu. I will try to get another one.Who knows maybe I will run into another agnostic. :s_sarcastic

Kidding; I really do need to get another one and use it more.

It seems I wake up and before I know it; it is late at night.Where does the time go?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm 

Hm they already had my email info.I guess I ordered it last time.Maybe Temu told me about it. I can't remember. Anyhow I have 2 email addresses so I am getting another one.

Disregard last 2 posts. :s_sarcastic