Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 pm 

God's Laws And Commandments

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:25 pm 

Is this truth? Is this Biblical? Let's start out by exploring the 2 verses that are in this picture.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Does this mean the Laws of God YHWH, are abolished as many teach? Let's read this verse in context.

Romans 10 King James Version (KJV)
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

NOTE: We cannot earn salvation through trying to the righteous by following God's laws

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

NOTE: This verse does not say “Christ is the end of the law.” It says “Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.”

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

NOTE: We must be careful with passages taken out of context of a paragraph, a chapter and even context of the whole Bible. Because by taking verses out of context we create inconsistencies and contradictions. God does not contradict Himself and if a verse seems to contradict another verse; we must be interpreting that verse incorrectly.

EXAMPLE: Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

HERE IS THE CONTEXT

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Back to Romans 10

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto theends of the world.

Now lets look at the other verse that was sited in the picture.

Colossians 2:14
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 2:14
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Does this mean that God's Laws are contrary to us and nailed to the cross?

Let's look at the context of this verse and the context of Jesus' life and what He taught to determine this.

1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

This chapter is full of verses warning about being beguiled and following doctrines of men. Not one verse in this chapter, went further into saying we are to stop obeying the laws of God. So in essence, Jesus is warning about what many people do w/ this very verse. They teach keeping traditions of man, beguiling and teaching things that are not biblical while they turn around and do what is warned in this verse, “16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
There is not time in this study to go into how the early took it upon themselves to try to abolish the Sabbath. It was even made illegal to observe it, but one thing is for sure. There is not one single verse in the Bible showing the Sabbath was abolished or changed to a different day so this verse is talking about non Sabbath keepers judging Sabbath keepers. God established the Sabbath covenant way before Moses came along God said it was on the 7th day.

It is interesting that this particular verse is refering to God's laws.
6 Let no man therefore judge you in meat...
God Has laws concerning what meats we can and cannot eat. He even goes into detail on how eating pork is an abomination.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
God has laws for all these things.
Would Jesus tell us to sin?
Does it make since that Jesus came as a light and dies sinless for permission for us to sin?

Would Jesus tell us to sin?
Does it make since that Jesus came as a light and dies sinless for permission for us to sin?

What is the Biblical definition of sin?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:27 pm 

1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 pm 

Did you know that YHVH distinguished between clean and unclean animals that were loaded on the the ark prior to the great flood?
That shows he had animals that He considered were food and animals He that He considered were not food; way before He gave the 10 commandments to Moses.

Genesis 7:7 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

As a child I was always taught that 2 of every type of animal was brought into the ark. There were 7 each of the clean animals and 2 each of the unclean animals.

People say the dietary laws in Leviticus are "just for the Israelites". Were there any other followers of YHVH at the time other than the Israelites?

Here is an interesting verse.

Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

10 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.

11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:

YHVH wanted the Israelites to be Holy and a special people and above all on the face of the Earth. How? By keeping His commandments. His Commandments is His rule book for Holiness.

Jesus said
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;:

If we are God's people; we are expected to obey His commandments. We are expected to be Holy. We are expected to be a special people (different than non-believers).

We are not to commit spiritual fornication (mixing the Holy with the Unholy).

Revelation 18: King James Version (KJV)

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

*Remember the definition of sin is breaking God's laws.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

Remember we all sin. When we do; we must repent and ask for forgiveness so that Yeshua can grant us grace for that sin.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

The sermon on the mount spans several chapters Matthew 5-7. This sermon alone should show that Jesus did not abolish the Law. He magnified it. He showed that it is easier to sin and harder to go without sin than most would think.

Towards the end of this sermon should be a particular eye opener showing the law is still valid.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. What? Jesus believed in the Law?

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Few find it? I guess that says something about the teachings of the large churches and denominations.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Corrupt is an interesting word to use. It means false and untrustworthy.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. *IMPORTANT* How do we know the will of the Father? He wrote His will in stone. He told Moses His will. He gave instructions from everything from Resting on the Sabbath to what to eat and what not to eat.He even said that certain foods are an abomination.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? *IMPORTANT* If (many) are saying to Him, "LORD" aren't they believers in Him? That should be a major clue that it takes more to gain Salvation than just believing that Yeshua exists.

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

John The Baptist said, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 am 

Just a note of support...

For simplicity's sake, I need to use the term Judaism. When I use this term, I am not speaking about Rabbinic Judaism(man's laws) but the Judaism given by Yah himself, through Noah, through Moses, through Abraham, through Melchizedek...

It was Judaism which had the laws regarding meat/drink/holy days, new moons, & sabbaths. And these are the laws which were taught by Y'shuah and the apostles. Y'shuah was not a ''Christian'', he was a Jew.

It was to these laws that instructions are given beginning with...let no man therefore judge you..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 pm 

Judith1 wrote:

Just a note of support...

For simplicity's sake, I need to use the term Judaism. When I use this term, I am not speaking about Rabbinic Judaism(man's laws) but the Judaism given by Yah himself, through Noah, through Moses, through Abraham, through Melchizedek...

It was Judaism which had the laws regarding meat/drink/holy days, new moons, & sabbaths. And these are the laws which were taught by Y'shuah and the apostles. Y'shuah was not a ''Christian'', he was a Jew.

It was to these laws that instructions are given beginning with...let no man therefore judge you..

Thank you.

People say that means we are not to judge them for eating pork or keeping the Sunday "Lords Day" instead of the Sabbath.

Speaking of "Lords". I know in todays English it means King but if you look in the original meaning of the word in the Webster's dictionary; It meant Baal. It is a mistranslation in the KJV.

Check this verse out. Hosea 2:16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.

17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:13 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.

People will call you a Sacred-Namer for merely trying to show them how important His Name really is, that His Name is His Shem Zakar...His Name of REMEMBRANCE, His distinction that sets Him apart from all others of common terms, utter pagan terms, and no-name translational errors.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:57 pm 

temu wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

People will call you a Sacred-Namer for merely trying to show them how important His Name really is, that His Name is His Shem Zakar...His Name of REMEMBRANCE, His distinction that sets Him apart from all others of common terms, utter pagan terms, and no-name translational errors.

People just don't get it. YHVH is Holyl above anything else. We should give Him the utmost respect. People have such a lax attitude towards Him, like He is their buddy or something. (I'm not saying we can't have a personal relationship with Him).

But if you (who ever is reading) knew that the original meaning of the word "lord: was Baal would you call Him that when standing in fear before Him in judgement or would you be choosing every single word that came out of your mouth wisely?