Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Grace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 pm 

I see many people now days take verses out of context to try to explain what Grace (from Yeshua) is and how it is properly used. There are way too many mega churches and many churches teaching Grace and have it wrong thus leading their blind flock into a ditch.

Lets look into the Bible and see what it says shall we?

Looking the the concordance the very 1st verse that mentions "Grace" is Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

We can see one thing in this verse. God found grace in Noah. This is in the beginning of the Bible. In fact; the very 1st book of the Bible. That in itself shows us a very important thing. YHVH granted Grace from the very beginning. Grace was not something that didn't happen before Christ. I am in no way belittling Christ. I am not finished explaining so please keep reading.

This Genesis verse leaves out a lot of information though so we need to know the context behind it. I am a huge believer in context. I was not the best student in the world but when it came to comprehension. I did well. I am not very good at typing and not even very good at grammar but I understand what I read. You have to read things within context to understand them. I am so tired of people using verses out of context to prove a false truth. I don't do it and neither should you.

Ok that being said let's look at the context of God giving Noah Grace. To truly understand and statement we need to know the 4 Ws that we were taught in Grade school. (Who, what, when and where). Anytime you ever read a Bible verse you should ask yourself: who, what, when, where and another w, (why).

You will find when reading scriptures God usually tells you why He did what He did. So let's start out with that. Why did God grant Noah Grace. Being as this is the 1st time the Bible mentions the word, "Grace". The why will give us clues on why God Grants us Grace. In order to anser the question of why God granted Noah Grace we need the context surrounding the sentence, "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."

Post subject: Re: Grace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:20 pm 

Many will read my statement, "here are way too many mega churches and many churches teaching Grace and have it wrong thus leading their blind flock into a ditch." and ask, "You think you know more than the preachers who go to college and all to become preachers? What makes you think you know more than those preachers?" I would answer, " You betcha! I have probably studied more on the subject of grace than most of them have. I know this because if they had studied as much on it as I have they would not be teaching the false teachings that they teach on it." You do not have to have a college degree to be able to understand the Bible. You do however need to learn history and what was going on during the different times when the Bible was written. You do need to learn the history of the church to understand why they would teach false teachings in the 1st place. You need to read Revelations and what God said to the different types of churches. God knew they were and would be in error so you need to realize their errors.

Realize this one following thing and you will gain much knowledge from it. Satan is very crafty but he does the same things over and over again. The main thing he uses as a toll of deception is to make bad look good, good look bad and he is very good at being a shepherd in wolves clothing. He does not show up as a read demonic guy with a pitchfork. He is (many times) that very nice preacher behind the pulpit that helps the poor and such. There have been many henious crimes commit by seemingly nice people so don't fall for it. If what someone says does not jive with what your Bible says (in context), and they are claiming to be a prophet or teacher of God; then run away from them as fast as you can.

This is a Bible study so get out your Bibles. I cannot quote all the verses we will cover because it would make this thread too long. I use a handy online Bible called Bible Gateway. www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ge ... ersion=KJV It is easy to copy verses from it and post them too so it is very handy for an online Bible study.

Grace
Ok Grace. Why did God give Noah Grace?

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

From context we see that Noah was not doing the things that grieved God. That is why Noah found grace in God. To understand what wickedness people were doing at the time you need to do a separate study on that but know this. People are doing the exact same things now.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 pm 

Moving on to the next Bible passage that has the word grace in it we find the word grace in Genesis 19:19 Behold now, thy servant hath found grace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:

Using the 5 Ws and context let's look at this verse.

Who is this verse about? Read Genesis 19 (from the 1st verse to verse 19. www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ge ... ersion=KJV .

This verse is about Lot.

What was going on causing God to grant Lot grace? God was getting ready to bring down judgement to Sodom and Gomorrah?

When was all this happening. This was during a time when (like prior to the great flood) when people (in mass numbers) had turned from God. They were being disobedient (to put it mildly). We also know this was after the great flood. Looking at history, Lot was Abraham's nephew so, probably through Abraham and family members; Lot knew God.

Where was this going on? The 1st verse in Genesis 19 tells us it was in Sodom and in verse 19:24 it tells us about God's judgement on Sodom and Gomorrah. 24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Why Did God grant Lot grace? This chapter shows why God was bringing down Judgement so that shows us Lot was not doing the things that was angering God.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 pm 

The very 1st book in the Bible shows us that God has grace on people from the beginning of time.

We know He gave grace to the people who were obedient to God even when living in the midst of everyone around them being disobedient. Did you notice that there were not very many people who God saved from the 2 most major judgement of all times? In a whole civilization only Noah and a few family members were save. Genesis 5:32 tells us Noah lived to be 500 years old. Do you think he only had a few family members at the time of the great flood? Most of his family perished too. When God judged 2 great cities at the time, (Sodom and Gomorrah), Only Lot (one person out of 2 cities of people) found Grace from God.

We know that with God's grace He saved the obedient people from God from disaster.

We know God warned these people ahead of impending disaster so they could get out of harms way.

We know that when people turn from God in mass numbers and become disobedient in mass number; God has the power to judge them in mass numbers; all at one time.

Jesus told us that times prior to His return would be as the days of Noah. Doe you think Jesus is going to cover everyone from Judgement with His grace? People misused the verse Jesus died for the sins of the world. He did die for the sins of the world but that does not mean what most people thinks it does.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 pm 

What is my point thus far?

When God grants grace he doesn't do it simply because a person claims to believe in Jesus.

I have seen the following verse used many times. I even know it by heart and I am not good at memorizing verses. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Many people seem to think this verse means that if we believe that Jesus (Yeshua is His real name) exists, then we are saved. This is a good example of why we should not take verses out of context to justify our sins.

If you read that Whole chapter which consist of pages of verses you will see that Jesus came as a light. He came to teach us what God expects of us and He taught by example. Yeshuah even said that not everyone who calls His name will be given grace.

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

What is the will of the Father? The answer is in Torah. Torah is also called Pentateuch in English. Torah is the Hebrew name for it. It is the 1st 5 books of the Bible. The 1st 5 books of the Bible contain so many important things from creation, YHVH's judgments on mankind such as the great flood, and the destruction of Sodom and Gamorah,and many other important things that YHVH wants us to know.

God lets His will be known in the 10 commandments given to Moses. He even wrote them in stone. In Leviticus God told us what we can eat and what He considers abominations for us to eat. People say "Oh that was for the Jews". Oh contrare.That was for His people; then and now. God had Noah load clean and unclean animals on the are so, that tells us right there that, God did not consider all animals clean, way before he gave his will in Leviticus. Were the Israelits chosen and were to be separate? Yes and so are we.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm 

Y'shuah sent unclean spirits into unclean animals....pigs. He made quite a statement doing that.

A pig's organ anatomy is pretty much identical to a human's. The meat of pigs is remarkably like a human.

Pigs are used medically to treat humans due to the similarities between pigs and humans.

But, though a pig looks like a clean animal on the outside, it is corrupt with disease and parasites that sicken humans.

I'm told you are what you eat. Pigs like to eat dead animals and fecal matter. They are what they eat. So if you eat a pig, then what are you?

Yah has reasons for setting limits. He also said his word would never die, that it's eternal.

Our dad may be 'old fashioned' but he's also always right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 pm 

Amen! to that :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:51 pm 

Amen to you ladies, Amen and Amen! :)