Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 pm 

It's on now.

Dear Mr. Gordon 9/10/14
Shalom! Having waited for your reply, I am saddened to hear that you won’t be responding to me. Though I cannot say for certain, I was told the reason you are ignoring me is because you think I didn’t address you properly? I sincerely hope that is not the case, that you were not offended by me not calling you ‘Rabbi’, and that you would allow explanation. For me to do such, is for me to set aside what I believe to be true. Is that what you would desire from me?

Mat 23:8 “But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi,’ for One is your Teacher, the Messiah, and you are all brothers.

We have The Rabbi. We don’t need or acknowledge another in His place. I feel I needed to bring that to your attention, so the matter can be put back on the table, rather than shoved aside like an irrelevant matter over a petty issue. Or, if true, was that the matter you made it to be because you simply did not want to discuss the issues? Is that what the matter truly is?

See, you know and I know that Torah supports what we are asking. You know and I know that you wouldn’t be able to establish any case for refusal based on Torah….or the Brit Hadasha, for that matter. We both also know that where you derive your instructions from are outside of Torah; from the writings of men…a source and tradition we absolutely do not accept as valid since it deviates, adds too, or takes away from:

Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Deu 12:32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it. Pro 30:6 Do not add to His Words, Lest He reprove you, and you be found a liar.

Again, my plea is to end this chaos; please permit the Messianic fellowship to have CLEAN food in accordance to Torah. We are commanded to do such. There is no middle ground. As we enter these Fall moedim, let us enter into deep introspection, lest we may find ourselves at odds with our Creator, putting men’s will over His. May that never be! I am reminded of this as I type these words…

Act 5:38-39 “And now I say to you, stay away from these men and leave them alone, because if this plan or this work is of men, it shall be overthrown, but if it is of Elohim, you are unable to overthrow it, lest you even be found to fight against Elohim.” …..a Pharisee named Gamli’ĕl, a teacher of the Torah said that.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:30 pm 

Also, went over his head to his boss:

Dear xyz...

I hate to bother you, I really do. This is a hard letter to write. However, it seems we have exhausted all ‘in-house’ methods in regards to such a simple matter. Gosh, it’s not as simple as the last matter concerning our desire to use the baptismal; I simply bought one to bring in for our use, rather than arguing about the one already existing within grounds. The issue at hand regards Mr. Gordon (Jewish Chaplain) and his odd ways of denying the Messianic (Assembly of Yahweh) group clean food as required in Leviticus 11 (know by the Jewish term of ‘kosher’). I’ve written Mr. Gordon twice about this already (see enclosed documents) with no reply. Why this is hard to write is because I don’t know how much you already know concerning the HUGE differences between our group—who want to simply follow the instructions found in Scripture (clean food)—and those of his group who have elevated their own man-made decrees above Scripture. The latter is NOT found within Scriptures, yet the Rabbinic decrees are the exact cause for the obstacle (denial of clean food to those not of Jewish blood). Mr. Gordon has compiled a two-page, utterly invasive, UN-biblical questionnaire for the men to fill out…and gave it a CDCR heading!!

Simply put, they have done precisely what the Scriptures warn not to do…to add, nor take away what is written. Rather than rehash what I’ve already written to him, you can see our differences between what Scripture says, and what the ‘Rabbis’ say about Scripture…and their IMPOSED traditions. This is what Yahushua Messiah (Jesus) also railed against when He walked the earth in flesh: Mar 7:7-9 And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men. “Forsaking the command of Elohim, you hold fast the tradition of men.” And He said to them, “Well do you set aside the command of Elohim, in order to guard your tradition.

And of course this obstacle is even more apparent when you realize they do not recognize their own Messiah who came for them, but rejected Him. We do not reject Him, we accept and embrace Him but DO reject the things He also rejected, as stated in the above passage. In regards to rabbinic Judaism, Messiah had some very harsh things to say as well: Mat 23:15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you go about the land and the sea to win one convert, and when he is won, you make him a son of Gehenna (hell) twofold more than yourselves.

This is from their own mouth, this is one of their PRIMARY ‘teachers’…and sums up well the thrust of my argument: Rambam's Introduction to the Mishnah says: "If there are 1000 prophets, all of them of the stature of Eliyah and Elisha, giving a certain interpretation, and 1001 rabbis giving the opposite interpretation, you shall incline after the majority and the instruction according to the 1001 rabbis, not according to the 1000 prophets…Elohim did not permit us to learn from the prophets, only from the rabbis who are men of logic and reason."

It is this so-called ‘logic and reason’ that stands between the hearts of men who desire to do the Words of Scripture as COMMANDED, and men who choose to create obstacles and even flat denials solely bases on extra-biblical sources…the writings of mere men. It is my plea that those who desire clean food be immediately granted their request based on what the Scriptures say, and absolutely NOT subject to the whims of any man that is NOT qualified to decide for them.

I’ve tried to keep this concise as possible, I know you are busy. Please feel free to contact me any time with any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am 

good letter!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:30 pm 

You stand as solid as iron, as clean as diamond, Terry. I respect authority, but I do not respect the abuse of that authority; pushing one's title around and forcing others to acknowledge you by that name is from the enemy. My kids call me "Mister," and "Waydo." At first I thought it a street tag on the white dude, but then I came to understand that it was THEIR way of showing respect to me... not because I asked it or demanded it from them; it was because they demanded to call me the utmost because they look to me as a father.

Amen.

I love you, brother, your work. Yes! Keep after it. There is only one Rabbi...

:dirol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 pm 

I went back and re-read your letter. May I suggest...cite your sources with regard to Jewish commentaries and biblical references?