Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:32 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
I think the Earth is actually shaped like an apple, and at the poles, the Earth sinks and falls in on itself the way an apple does to its core. The Earth, also, has its own core--a plasma black hole sun in the true, magnetic center. This magnetic center, I believe, is the dungeon of the heart of the earth, the place where the worst beings, the Titans, dwell. The ancients speak of Sheol, Gehenna, Abyss, Hades, Tartarus, and even the demon witch goddess of the Norse religion called Hel, the daughter of Loki, who is synonymous for the Greek Hades, the lord of the lower plane of the dead--INSIDE the Earth...why does the Bible, and other ancient texts speak of a central, cavernous, underground place below us if it does not exist? No, the Earth is not flat; it is a sphere, but it is almost like a figure eight in shape, pinching in on itself at the north and south poles...

In a literary circle consideration of all the ancient texts, any cursory glance at The Book of Enoch... the "golden age" of Watchers before the flood of Noah was an age of destructive, violent, demonic beings that were extinguished by the mercy and grace of YHWH's deluge... the vortex that sucked them all--the fallen ones--into the Abyss, and the jail cell of Tartarus... (2 Peter 2:4).

:popcorn:

Oh I agree about the underground chambers. But it's hard for me to see an "apple" or even "figure eight" with the description given to us in Scripture of "clay pressed under a seal" aka pancake. Maybe like a more flattened version of a "figure eight" I could concede....but this is, IMO, the description of the Biblical earth put to paper. Chambers within and underneath the oceans and land of course. The entire creation "hanging" in "space." :

Now to me, this is the best representation of what the Bible describes and what many out there believe they can give proof for.

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:55 pm 

Well, it seems that the word for circle is ALSO the word for sphere AND includes the word extracurricular. I spent some time yesterday looking that word up.

Secondly, there is no way you can sail a ship from point A, heading west all the way, and return to point A, on a flat surface. So no, I don't believe that the ancient Hebrews were that ignorant. A piece of circular paper and an orange is sufficient to demonstrat that point lol! If these athiests are that dumb, then all I can say is no wonder they reject Yah. Stupid is as stupid does, and that's all I have to say about that (gump).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:40 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
Well, it seems that the word for circle is ALSO the word for sphere AND includes the word extracurricular. I spent some time yesterday looking that word up.

That's the absolute last, possible meaning of that word (and IMO, a later addition of the meaning to make this verse jive with current knowledge). Also, you have to take that verse IN CONTEXT for ALL the other verses which "circle", as in FLAT CIRCLE is absolutely implied.

"circle, circuit, compass"
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lex ... 2329&t=KJV

Judith1 wrote:
Secondly, there is no way you can sail a ship from point A, heading west all the way, and return to point A, on a flat surface....

Yes you can per the above map. It's still a CIRCLE. The true test would be sail SOUTH and PAST "Antarctica" starting from South America and seeing if you can reach Australia. Technically, this shouldn't be possible per flat earth theory. But then again there might be an effect where you hit Antarctica and THINK you're going around it but really are just following the ring around to Australia... :?

:s_biggrin

Hey....I'm just trying to understand this whole theory myself. There have been ancient maps found that map Antarctica's entire coastline.....but to a FE'er....this would just be a part of the giant lie to humanity.....here is some videos explaining the whole Antarctica situation:

Someone on this video added this comment which sums up the flat earth issue on Antarctica fairly well:

Quote:
NamelessPoster 6 months ago

"Aaah, great, it's nice to see people researching this and be able to think and analyze things;
MANY things are fishy about Antarctica and you make a very good point: the fact that planes do NOT fly over it on intercontinental flights is abnormal, cos it would be the shortest route IF...the earth is a sphere.

I'm sure most people who even entertain the notion of a flat earth are WELL aware of countless lies society is programmed into: 9/11, Sandy HOOK, basically all media-stories.
What people are typically less aware of, is that SCIENCE could be fraudulent too; it is virtually impossible for an overwhelming majority to question foundational, almost religious concepts like Evolution or heliocentrism or DNA.
Yet when we DO look into such concepts, we soon find just how deceptive verything is. Our entire cosmogony, of a giant ball spinning on its axis and being tilted to account for the seasons, shooting around the sun at multiple rocket-speeds is quite frankly, a bit laughable, when we DARE actually even consider these things, and start looking into them.

Interesting facts are the following:
*most pilots have no clue of where they are, because they rely on GPS and automated systems. They may think they're flying over the North Pole, but in reality be somewhere else altogether.

There is also the VERY CONVENIENT ISSUE of 'magnetic declination', due to the fact that there's allegedly a TRUE North Pole, a TRUE South Pole, and then a magnetic NP and a magnetic SP.
Result of this? It's that noone knows where they're going when travelling North or South, because soon enough, by the time you hit 70° Latitude or so, course and compass readings must be corrected for magnetic declination, meaning you suddenly have to fly east or west in order to go south or north.

Because of such issues, pilots indeed simply cannot navigate by sight or by regular compass bearing, and have to TRUST automated protocols instead, meaning they BELIEVE they know where they're going, ONLY because they were first told massive corrections are necesary.

Consider the implications!!!

*Another point worth mentioning is that the discovery of the North Pole was of course FISHY, it was as usual a screamy, propagandistic event filled with turnabouts and media-noise, involving a race between two men both trying to get there first. It was all so exciting, like a soap-opera.
Such excitement typically is being generated for a reason...
Later it turned out there was lies involved, fake logs, journeys that couldn't have been made in the time they were alleged to have taken and soforth, in short:

the system around the 1900s made a HUUUUUUUGE deal about the discovery of the North Pole, using much mediatic fanfare, but how do WE KNOW, if it is even true? In fact we can't, we just have to BELIEVE.

Very few people have been to the NP, and as far as Antarctica is concerned, only a few thousands of people travel there, getting flown there by military aircraft.
EVERYTHING about it is fishy, including the very few fascinating facts and discoveries that scientists are apparently making over there: we hear NOTHING about this 'continent' that is in ANY way useful, or in ANY way showing that there's an open effort of exploration and investigation going on...
Much rather, it all resembles some NASA-ish BS, where designed narratives and all kinds of enthusiastic, disociative science nerds are really selling us much excitement about NOTHING.

It's kind of reminsicent of the stupid experiments they do in the fake ISS, or the amazingly UNinformative missions to the moon and mars...When do we ever hear something emerge from these distant lands and 'planets' and 'satellites' that is in ANY WAY useful to us?

We NEVER do, all we hear is that mankind is going to these places and that it's all so great and wonderful and glorious.

*Another point is this one:
what it REALLY boils down to, is that the average guy on earth simply never gets beyond 70° N Latitude or S. People simply don't go there, and if they do, they get into controlled MILITARY ZONES, that are basically restricted of access and under surveillance.

EVERYTHING we know about the poles and antarctica is ONLY what we are told, by some puppets who've been there.

*A flat earth scenario isn't quite as outlandish as it seems, when one really looks into it. The twin towers were blown up in the Middle of Manhatten and most people believe arab cavedwellers attacked the US, showing that deception of astonishing proportions is perfectly feasible.

Water surfaces of course on a spherical earth not flowing towards the lower points is QUITE a believe system, all hanging on the magical concept of 'gravity'.
Can gravity really explain why water doesn't flow towards the bottom of the earth? I think not.

*Rowbotham has been much promoted by the system as the chief theorist of a flat earth, and flat earth society's in my opinion have been controlled from the outset by the system. These societies have always been weird, which is a ploy the system like to use:
CREATE its own opposition, allowing it to preent flat-earthism in a dceptive way.

Rowbotham states many useful things, but his model of the NP at the center and the earth stretching outwards, surrounded by a wall of ice poses a problem in terms of DAYLIGHT.

In Rowbotham's model, it is difficult to see how the southrn hemisphere could have long daylight during southrn summers WITHOUT the sun illuminating the North Pole and acrtic circle too.
(Just look at the flat earth map, and you'll see that during southern summer, the sun makes a large circle, and if it keeps illuminating any spot on the southern hemiphere for more than 12 hours, then it must soon be ON THE OTHER SIDE of the NP. The sun can't keep illuminating that spot on the southern hemisphere WITHOUT equally shining over the arctic circle. Yet we know the arctic circl is in darkness during southern summer).

There are many things to say about all this, and the crucial thing as far a i'm concerned is figuring out a flat earth scenario with a fitting, working movement of sun and moon.

*Lastly, to anyone aware of just how many lies there are in the Matrix-reality, it becomes obvious that such lies are built on all kinds of previous lies in an exponential progression.
Just like a pathological narcisist needs more and more lies to cover up his previous lies, so the system builds more and more lies on its deceptive framework.
One can know from this that at the foundation, at the ROOTS there must already be a lie too, upholding everything built on it.

Of course the system needed to start out with a giant BASE-LIE, about the very nature of our world, the universe, earth.
We have to LEARN that the earth is a ball, because any child would naturally assume it is NOT. That it is in fact flat.
Anyone who knows the moonlanding is false, and so many other things, would do well to reassess the alleged sphericity of earth too.

I'd be very interested in hearing from people who have thought about these things, ESPECIALLY if they DID manage to think up a workable flat earth scenario in terms of sun-and-moon movement over it -long daylight in northern summer, long daylight in southern summer.

(Of course, the axial tilt thing is quite ridiculous). "

And no one said the ancient Hebrews were idiots. Maybe they were RIGHT. And don't out the blame on the Hebrews, after all, isn't God Almighty Who told them so?.... :dunno:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm 

Yep, the earth is apple-shaped with a vortex, figure-eight core, and all the ancients knew about it and described it.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

2 Peter 2: 4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell (Lit. Tartarus), and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:36 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:58 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Yep, the earth is apple-shaped with a vortex, figure-eight core, and all the ancients knew about it and described it.....

Now those are cool images. Very interesting.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:

Looks to be a great video. Thanks. Saving that for later.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 pm 

Wow! Texas Jon cool info.

Mountain Recluse, People do travel around the earth via planes and ships. I think someone would have figured out by now if the world was flat and I don't mean these few theorist; Amelia Earhart would have told us; if the world was flat.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:21 am 

Vectorwoman wrote:

Mountain Recluse, People do travel around the earth via planes and ships. I think someone would have figured out by now if the world was flat and I don't mean these few theorist; Amelia Earhart would have told us; if the world was flat.

OK. I get it. But not to keep pushing the issue, but that is the point of this thread....regardless, the Scriptures teach a flat earth:

Quote:
"Many if not most people are unaware that the Bible teaches the earth is flat. All standard Bible references, all standard mainstream non-fundamentalist Bible scholarship acknowledges this. Like on so many other topics, the Bible simply reflects the primitive and mistaken cosmology of the day.

Ancient Israel imagined the earth to be a flat disk (Isa 42.5) resting on a foundation or pillars (Job 9.6). It is surrounded by the ocean (Pss 24.2; 136.6). It has four corners (Isa 11.12; Ezek 7.2; job 37.3; 38.13) and an edge (Isa 24.36) or ends (Isa 40.8; Job 28.4; Ps 48.11; Jer 6.22; 25.32). It also has a center or navel (Ezek 38.12). Except for the implication that Jerusalem is the earth’s center, ancient Israel’s view of the world did not differ from that of other ancient Near Eastern peoples.
— Stuhlmueller, Carroll. The Collegeville Pastoral Dictionary of Biblical Theology, p234. (Collegeville: The Liturgical Press, 1996)

[T]he ancient Hebrews considered the universe on a three-leveled structure. The earth was located between the heaven, the upper part, and the underworld, the lowest part of the universe. The earth was regarded as a vast plain, occupied partly by the sea, partly by continents studded with mountains, furrowed by rivers, and dotted with lakes. The horizon encircling the earth quite naturally suggested the idea of a circular shape to the ancient Hebrews.
— Stadelmann, Luis I.J. The Hebrew Conception of the World – A Philological and Literary Study, p126. (Rome: Pontifical Biblical Institute, 1970)

The Hebrew Universe:

The ancient Hebrews imagined the world as flat and round, covered by the great dome of the firmament which was held up by mountain pillars (Job 26.11; 37.18). Above the firmament and under the earth was water, divided by God at creation (Gen 1.6, 7; cf Pss 24.2; 148.4). The upper waters were joined with the waters of the primordial deep during the Flood; the rains were believed to fall through windows in the firmament (Gen 7.11; 8.2). The sun, moon, and stars moved across or were fixed in the firmament (Gen 1.14-19; Ps 19.4, 6). Within the earth lay Sheol, the realm of the dead (Num 16.30-33; Isa 14.9, 15).” (339)
Firmament:
“The Hebrew term raqia’ suggests a thin sheet of beaten metal (cf. Exod. 39.3; Num 17.3; Jer 10.9; also Job 37.18)… Job 26.13 depicts God’s breath as the force that calmed (or ‘spread’, ‘smoothed’) the heavens. Luminaries were set in the firmament on the fourth day of creation (Gen 1.14-19). Rains were believed to fall through sluices or windows in its surface (cf. Gen 7.11).” (338-339)
— Achtemeier, Paul J (Ed). The HarperCollins Bible Dictionary. (New York: HarperCollins, 1996)"

KEEP READING: http://fayfreethinkers.com/tracts/flatearth.shtml

The Orlando-Ferguson Map is the most accurate representation of what the Scriptures describe the earth as.

Maybe the Scriptures describe how our world looks from another dimension???? But it is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:38 am 

And again:

Quote:
"On the whole, Israel shared the world view of the ancient Near East. The earth was perceived as a flat expanse, seen either in the image of a disk or circle upon the primeval waters (Isa 40.22; Job 26.10; Prov 8.27; cf. ‘circle of the heavens’. Job 22.14) or of an outstretched garment spanning the void (Job 26.7; 38.13). According to HH Schmidt (THAT 1.230-31), these two images, present also in Mesopotamia, derive from different but compatible conceptions of the cosmos which are intertwined without tension in the OT. References to the earth’s (four) corners/rims/hems (‘arba’ kanepot ha’ares; Isa 11.12; Job 37.3; 38.13; cf Isa 24.16_, its end(s), border(s), edges (qeselqesot; Job 28.24; Ps 135.7; Isa 5.26; 40.28; 41.5, 9; Jer 10.13; 51.16), combinations of these images (Jer 49.36; also Ps 48.11 – Eng 48.10; 65.6 – Eng 65.5), its ends (where it ceases: ‘apse [ha]’ares; Deut 33.17; 1 Sam 2.10, etc) its boundaries (Ps 74.17), or its remotest parts (Jer 6.22; 25.32; 31.8; 50.41) depict the vast expanse of the earth and its outer limits, rather than a firm conception of its shape. T Boman (1960: 157-59), has pointed out that naming the outer limits of any area includes the whole area, so that the above terms function almost as synonyms for ‘earth’, ‘world’.

The modern concept of an infinite or open-ended universe was not known in the OT; on the contrary, heaven and earth were though to be sealed together at the rim of the hoirzon to prevent the influx of the cosmic waters (Stadelmann 1970:43)."

SOURCE: http://fayfreethinkers.com/tracts/flatearth.shtml

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:59 pm 

MountainRecluse wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

Quote:
OK. I get it. But not to keep pushing the issue, but that is the point of this thread....regardless, the Scriptures teach a flat earth:

I disagree. :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:53 am 

Vectorwoman wrote:

Please then convince me via chapter and verse the Scriptures describing a globe earth circling the sun in orbit. Surely, there must be more than just one single verse from Isaiah that supposedly describes a ball planet.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:26 am 

Watch closely again here with this video. Notice the footage comparison of a civilian rocket with a camera getting up to 121,000 ft vs the Redbull promo jump (in concert with NASA) footage at 128,000 ft. Also note as this same footage I posted in a different video at the 2:35 mark. When the jumper's door open's you see a FLAT HORIZON. When the outside camera footage shot is shown right afterwards when he gets out the door, all of a sudden we're looking at a clearly ball earth.....explain that to me?

Now even in the rocket footage you can see a VERY SLIGHT curvature...I agree.....but keeping in mind that the Scriptures still describe a circular earth (factoring in also changes in terrain, the slight curvature noted in the Orlando-Ferguson map, etc) so seeing some curvature makes sense. The key is the drastic difference in curvature between the rocket footage and the NASA footage at the same exact altitude (note 2:42 mark). Note 3:04 mark where the camera lens INVERTS the earth's curvature all of a sudden letting you know right there the extreme distortion that type of lens (I believe it was like one of those "go-pro" type cameras) can create and/or digital manipulation of the image itself.

If you can't at least admit the obvious visual problem shown here....then you have some really strong koolaid flowing through your head!

These videos are a little less serious of course but certainly makes one pause and wonder....

"Neil Armstrong talks about edge of the Flat Earth"

They flaunt it to us and laugh (note 9:52 mark shows a moving flat earth model)...

Now do we TRULY believe EVERYTHING God and His prophets say about the creation? Or do we just pretend to? Pick and choose?

Genesis 11

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:53 am 

Here is a video addressing the famous "Columbus test" with ships out on the open water:

I was born, raised, and spent my entire childhood in NJ. I lived on the beach. I can recall times when there were really clear days that I could see giant ships and barges that were literally miles and miles out at sea perfectly. I mean you could see the bottoms of these ships where the water line was. And this always struck me as an odd thing but never put much thought into it until I started actually contemplating this flat earth business...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:31 am 

Give me a HUG man, cuz "hug" in Hebrew means "circle." :)

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

2329 "ḥūḡ" ח֣וּג "the circle"

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:17 am 

Texas Jon wrote:
Give me a HUG man, cuz "hug" in Hebrew means "circle." :)

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

2329 "ḥūḡ" ח֣וּג "the circle"

:mrgreen:

That's all you guy got! Isaiah! ONE verse! What happened to the truck ton of other verses describing the earth? And notice the heavens are spread out as "a tent." I never been in a 360 degree tent before floating in the middle of it! Tents have a flat ground they sit upon and cover! :s_biggrin

And a hug! Two arms that come together making a FLAT CIRCLE!!!!

:friends:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:46 am 

YAH says the Earth is FLAT!

(Gen. 11:4)(Ex. 17:12)(Joshua 10:12-13)(Chron. 16:30)(Job 9:6)(Job 11:9)(Job 28:24)(Job 38:4)(Job 38:13)(Ps. 104.5)(Ps. 93:1)(Ps. 96:10)(Ps. 136:6-7)(Dan. 4:11)(Jer. 16:19)(Isaiah 12:10)(Isaiah 11:12)(Isaiah 14:7)(Isaiah 38:8-9)(Isaiah 40:22)(Isaiah 52:5)(Isaiah 54:24)(Isaiah 58:13)(Jer. 31:35-36)(Ecc. 1:5)(Matt. 4:8)(Luke 17:31,34)(Acts 2:20)(Rev. 7:1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:26 am 

Here ya go, TJ....as close as "they" will ever get to saying the earth is flat without really saying it...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:28 pm 

Job 26:10 He has drawn a circle on the waters at the boundary where the day and night come together.

The hug is now a hag:

2328 ḥāḡ חָ֭ג "He has compassed [encircled]" Verb.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:34 pm 

MountainRecluse wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

Please then convince me via chapter and verse the Scriptures describing a globe earth circling the sun in orbit. Surely, there must be more than just one single verse from Isaiah that supposedly describes a ball planet.....

This is from the mouth of Jesus Matthew 17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

---------------------------

If some see this in the day and some see it at night; The world has to be a sphere. Jesus was very good at explaining things; previously misunderstood.

I cannot (at this time go and try to explain all the verses you posted but will leave you w/ this. http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/earth_is_flat.htm

"CONCLUSION

It must be admitted outright that SOME of the items listed here COULD be interpreted as giving a false cosmology - but it is also possible to interpret them other ways. The Bible lacks specifics in this regard (i.e., precise distances and descriptions as were often offered up by the pagans), and so leaves the answer, "Does the Bible teach bad cosmology?", quite ambiguous in a few places. But for the majority of the citations we have seen, there is no such ambiguity, merely misinterpretation by skeptics and/or poetry. We are justified in our assertion that there is no proof that the Bible teaches a false cosmology."

Last edited by Vectorwoman on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:38 pm 

Job 22:14 Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.

וְח֥וּג

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:11 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Job 26:10 He has drawn a circle on the waters at the boundary where the day and night come together.

The hug is now a hag:

2328 ḥāḡ חָ֭ג "He has compassed [encircled]" Verb.

Exactly. Waters have no need for a "boundary" on a globe. :s_wink ....no, no....don't be changing translations on me now.....

KJV Job 26:10

10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

Strong's H2706 - bounds - statute, ordinance, limit, something prescribed, due

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:28 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
If some see this in the day and some see it at night; The world has to be a sphere....

We already covered this. No. The earth doesn't HAVE to be a sphere to get both day and night. How many times do I have to post the FE model???? :s_biggrin :

Note this is a very basic diagram just to give an idea. The sun and moon's "circuits" as the Scripture states it is a bit more complicated and has a bit more range of motion in the sky.

Genesis 1

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

-----

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

When the sun and moon are smaller and much closer to us then what we are told then it fits. I already posted videos showing measurements of the sun in several different ways that contradict the current taught numbers and figures that are just thrown out there as "fact."

And do you have anything else besides this one passage out of the entire rest of the Bible that MAYBE suggest a sphere? What happened to the "whole counsel of Scripture" as good ole JGIG puts it?:

(Gen. 11:4)(Ex. 17:12)(Joshua 10:12-13)(Chron. 16:30)(Job 9:6)(Job 11:9)(Job 28:24)(Job 38:4)(Job 38:13)(Ps. 104.5)(Ps. 93:1)(Ps. 96:10)(Ps. 136:6-7)(Dan. 4:11)(Jer. 16:19)(Isaiah 12:10)(Isaiah 11:12)(Isaiah 14:7)(Isaiah 38:8-9)(Isaiah 40:22)(Isaiah 52:5)(Isaiah 54:24)(Isaiah 58:13)(Jer. 31:35-36)(Ecc. 1:5)(Matt. 4:8)(Luke 17:31,34)(Acts 2:20)(Rev. 7:1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:32 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Job 22:14 Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.

וְח֥וּג

The Heavens ABOVE (to include the sun, moon, and "heavenly hosts") have a circuit...yes. Not the earth! No FE'er denies a "circuit" in the heavens as neither do the Scriptures.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:35 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:

Break through that satanically inspired man-made BS...... :dirol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:52 pm 

Woe now...satanically-inspired man-made BS? You lost me there...

1. Proof?

2. Ad hominem much?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:21 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Woe now...satanically-inspired man-made BS? You lost me there...

1. Proof?

2. Ad hominem much?

I'm just getting frisky, brother....no animosity intended. :friends:

Hey, I believe there is just as much "proof" that the earth is a global sphere as the earth is flat circle (or as they put it now "oblate spheroid"....yeah EXTREMELY oblate...lol). The only real "proof" anyone can ever really provide of a ball earth is NASA photos/images/videos (civilian stuff shows something much different). No one has actually ever proven it for themselves nor can we really. I've posted plenty of videos in this thread that if you take the time and take them seriously even just for a little while, they do provide legit mathematical measurements and scientific observations that the earth that NASA fed us in 1967 is a complete fake. I think there is just enough "proof" to at least question.....

Now whether one wants to go full-blown flat earth is up to them but I believe there is enough data out there to still question what we've been told. We as believers in Yeshua and the Holy Scriptures, the Holy Word of YAH ALMIGHTY Himself are real quick to give up our lip service to it but when it teaches something that seems really odd, all of sudden we run to current "science" and seek man's approval then attempt to smash what God says into what man tells us is truth. Or try and rationalize it away as suddenly "symbolic" instead of literal when the context is painfully literal. Have we forgotten that this entire world right now is still ruled over by fallen angels? That Satan himself, despite his defeat at the cross, is still roaming the earth and seeking to deceive and take as many as he can with him before his time is here?

The Scriptures speak of a deception so big and so convincing that the entire world, even possibly the elect themselves, will be deceived by it. Days of Noah times 100. Maybe it's possible we underestimate the adversary's powers of deception these days.

Personally, I believe, that there is something to this flat earth business. I believe the Scriptures clearly support a flat earth model. As far as I know, the Bible is the ONLY holy and historical book that paints a flat earth. Everyone else from the Sumerians, to the Greeks, to the Qur'an and Muslims, to the whole rest of the world say the earth is a ball and we all fall in lockstep with the world in agreement because, you know, you're a fool to doubt every single thing you are spoonfed but can't verify for yourself. I don't think it's weird that the Bible is unique in it's stance at all. Makes it an easy choice, either the Bible is false or it's the only book on the "planet" that is 100% right.

If Satan can discredit the Word....then he wins. Every atheist site, every Muslim apologetic site (ex. http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_flat.htm ), every anti-Bible/Antichrist/anti-God/anti anti anti...they all have a top Bible objection in common...it teaches a flat earth. Nuff said. Debate over in their minds. Checkmate. How could God screw up that massive detail?

....unless the joke is on all of them of course.... :s_wink

We all run around in a sweat trying to morph God's Words into something that fits the worlds views and "knowledge." Instead of just accepting what it clearly says and preaching it as the God's honest truth.

1 Corinthians 3

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Yeah, it's a hard conspiracy to swallow, I get it, because no one wants to face the idea that they were duped THAT bad.....but what if? What if....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 pm 

Questions, questions....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:45 pm 

I can dig it, brother, just watch the "satanic" comments, cuz shit can be slung both ways...

I can also dig that you believe in a flat earth, and I have no problems with that at this point. It is just that I read Job differently than you: to me, a circle of the earth matched with the circle of the heavens makes a sphere...

In fact, I think this is exactly what Paul was talking about concerning the celestial body versus the terrestrial body; "for we walk by faith and not by sight," in other words, my enterpretation of Paul and others is that my spirit, my inner man, my astral body, my dream body are all energetic projections of my consciousness, who I am in YHWH, "seated with Messiah in the heavenlies," attached by a silver chord...

The earth and the human body have the same energy fields, so there is an earthly plane, but there is also a spiritual plane encircling the physical:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next