Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:52 pm 

Here is video proof of NASA and their astronauts blatantly faking the "far away from the ball earth" shots that have become ingrained in our minds:

This is a multiple part series, I suggest watching all of them if you get the time:

And just to clarify, the rocket launches and all that are real. No one is saying they aren't legit launches. But that they are all taking place within earth "orbit." The zero-gravity is real. But that no one is able to go higher than around 80,000 feet.

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:39 pm 

NASA Fakes Flat Earth:

The effects of fish-eyed camera lenses (and windows, etc):

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm 

When you dip the stick into the bubble stuff, it doesn't matter what shape the soap collector is, the resulting bubble will be round, a sphere, naturally formed. I wonder what would happen if you tried to blow a bubble in outer space? Would the results be the same?

Asteroids and comets aren't perfectly round. Just look at the photos of the incoming comet with the satellite around it. But neither are they one dimentional as a flat earth suggests.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm 

The fisheye picture...the head on the child is.........round despite the lense :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
The fisheye picture...the head on the child is.........round despite the lense :)

Well because the head of the child is actually round! And also in the center of the lens. Your focus is in the wrong spot.

Take that same lens and view a large, flat map of the earth or a large continent like Africa......whatever country is in the middle will be normal but everything extending out from the center to the edges of the sphere will distort and have a roundish, 3D effect....creating a "globe."

You only see the effect of objects, that aren't normally round, that are on the edges of the bubble.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 pm 

Oh, how convenient, a 1949 article telling us "scientists" believe that you cannot see light in space. So outside of the atmosphere one would not be able to see the sun or the reflection of the sun off the moon! Hmm. Well that conveniently explains away some anomalies of the future Apollo missions yet also contradicts many aspects as well. Science....so reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:23 pm 

We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest. - Zechariah 1:11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:01 pm 

ok, I have been dropping in this thread once and a while and skimming through the post. I think tonight Alan and I will go through and watch all the videos posted.

I have a question.

If the earth is flat then how is it you can travel around the world and not fall off the edge?

The videos look very interesting and so does the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

If the earth is flat then how is it you can travel around the world and not fall off the edge?.

The Scriptures say the waters are encompassed by a barrier/boundary (In Job and other places). Many theorize it's an impenetrable ice barrier that gets passed off as "Antarctica." So no one will ever "fall off." There is no ledge to fall off. You just run into the ice barrier. If you can imagine a flat earth that is circular like a pancake that's floating in a giant bowl of water.

Take note this map/flag of the United Nations:

Throwing it right in our faces while they laugh at us?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:18 pm 

Uh then if we are stopped at the edge of the earth by a barrier then how can someone travel around the earth?

I have watched several of the videos and (forgive me) I am not trying to insult you but I do call them as I see them. Mountain Recluse? This is stupid. LOL

We have airplanes. You can fly from the east coat to the west coast and keep flying to Hawaii, then if you keep going you fly over China then over the continent of Africa then if you keep going you reach the East coast Of America. If you have done this you have flown around the world. People have done this. If the world was flat and there was a barrier; this would be impossible and surely by now everyone would thus know the world is flat.

I have not (before now) heard that there are theorists who claim the world is flat. I am shocked that their are.

I have lived on the east coast where you can definitely see the horizon and see boats disappearing over the horizon and see the sun set and rise at the horizon. This theory make no sense to me. Sorry but that is my thought on this theory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:23 pm 

One more thought. I have lived all over the us. I have lived very south such as Texas and Louisiana. I now live in Wi. The days are shorter in Wi, than in Louisiana. The days are even shorter in Alaska and sometimes they even have 6 months of darkness. That is because of where these places are positioned concerning the equator.

Now I do realize that NASA as well as most large establishments now days do lie but; It does not take NASA to show me that the earth is round.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 pm 

I do realize that the scientific community can and does lie but if they are correct on their expanding universe theory than they sky does not have a limit.

That makes me think of this video.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 am 

Vectorwoman wrote:
This is stupid. LOL.

Hey, that was my first reaction as well until I seriously started looking into it. Take the time and go through all the videos here. There will come a point when some things "click" and then you'll start really freaking out....lol.

ANd also, this begs the question again, if this is all false, then are we facing Scriptures that are false? God doesn't know what His creation looks like?

Scriptures teach a flat earth. There is no changing that. It's right there. And no amount of twisting words and redefining can change what it says and implies....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:47 am 

Vectorwoman wrote:
It does not take NASA to show me that the earth is round.

Hey, like Ive said, it is a pretty fantastical idea....lol. I'm just playing the flat earther part here.

My point here with all of this is my concern that we have error in the Scriptures which if that is true....what else is skewed? How did the Sumerians get the planets and solar system right given to them by their "space gods":

...yet Scriptures inspired by God Himself gives us something radically different? What are we to believe? Space gods? Man's science? Or God Almighty Himself (supposedly)?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:44 am 

I mean, c'mon, how is it that the Qur'an gets it right?

Qur'an 79:30
And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse ["dahaha" - egg-shaped, more specifically an ostrich egg);

This one word here has multiple meanings in Arabic. It means an expanse, egg-shaped, and rolled like a ball and "thrown" or "moved." So we get the earth's creation, it's shape, it's orbit, and it's rotational movement all in just one dang word.

Qur'an 36:40
It is not allowable for the sun to reach the moon, nor does the night overtake the day, but each, in an orbit, is swimming.

Qur'an 21:32-33
And We made the sky a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.
And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all [heavenly bodies] in an orbit are swimming.

I'm not championing the Qur'an here, but why couldn't the Biblical Scriptures say the same? And at the time these supposed verses were revealed to Muhammad, the Arabs, Jews, and Christians of the area still held flat earth views from guess where.....the Bible. So they called Muhammad a raving lunatic....well at least this was one of many reasons...lol. Some can argue the Qur'an has it's other verses that continue to support the Biblical flat earth notion as well but taken in light of the above verses...obviously not.

So YHWH gets it wrong, Allah is right???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am 

-> http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/49786 ... Ac61jko5Yd

You start out basing your theory on what an atheist said in a forum? and what is the name of this forum? "EXChristian.net.

Let's look at the 1st verse that you posted.

Quote:
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Is it really saying the earth is flat? If we look at the moon; we see a circle. We see it is round and from our perspective we could say it is a ball or globe but also say it is a circle. A circle is a geometric shape and does not necessarily have to mean a flat shape. If I take a picture of the moon; it is a circle. Does that mean the moon is flat? No. Now why this passage does not say sphere or ball; I do not know but I most definitely would not say this verse is inaccurate.

Your next comment >
Quote:
Usually we are just stuck with this "circle" word and everyone wants to project "sphere" into that but taken within context of all the other Scriptures describing the earth......it seems "circle" is meant in the Bible and the prophets understanding as:
The picture is a broken link but I gather from context; it is a picture of a flat earth. Did the prophets really think the earth is flat? I might touch on that one in a bit but lets look at what Jesus said in Luke 17:31

In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Which is it "In that day" or "In that night"? It is both and Jesus knew it. It is both because the earth is a sphere and while it is daylight in some areas, it is night time in others at the same time.

Who invented the recent "Flat Earth" idea? It was evolutionists poking fun at creationists. http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c034.html

To keep my posts small and easy to read. I will stop this one here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am 

looking at the next verse you posted >
Quote:
Matthew 4

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

1st off, besides being an actual tangible event; it is a supernatural event. We know that the fallen angels and angels in general can appear both in tangible and spiritual form. Who's is to say that Satan could not only show up at Jesus' side and talk to Him but also, show him visions of the whole earth?

We know this even is spiritual as well as tangible because Satan was able to find Jesus in the middle of the desert. Did Satan walk around in human form looking behind sand dumes till he found Jesus? Not likely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 am 

Mountain Recluse. I just have to ask. Why are you seeking answers from sites like Exchristian.com and opinions of evolutionists? Why are you concluding that the Earth being described as a circle (which it is), means that the Bible has false info?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:54 am 

If you think about it a sphere is made up of many circles. Think of a ball of yarn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

Who invented the recent "Flat Earth" idea? It was evolutionists poking fun at creationists.

I disagree:

http://etb-cosmology.blogspot.com/2012/ ... verse.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_early ... th_is_flat

It is very obvious the ancient semitic races Hebrews and Arabs believed in a flat earth (Ironically until the advent of Islam).

I just don't buy it. It bothers me. The Qur'an literally explains the earth and solar system way better than the Bible. The Scriptures clearly talk about a flat earth. There is no changing my mind on this matter. I've studied it. I've studied the Hebrew. I've studied the history and beliefs of the ancient Hebrews/Israelite. Flat earth all the way. There were Hebrew words to describe "ball" or "sphere." Why choose "circle" in order to be purposefully non-specific? The ONLY reason the choice to use "circle" is because the prophets believed the earth was FLAT like a pancake! That's when "circle" MAKES SENSE. I know the ONE passage by Christ, the night/day but that doesn't imply even then a spherical earth. Look at a flat earth model and you still get half day/half night:

Remember, the sun is much closer and much smaller than what science tells us. See the video I already posted about FE'ers measurments and reasons for this theory...

So that leaves me with these options:

1. The earth IS flat. The sun and moon move around in the space above the earth but we do not revolve around the sun. The Bible is 100% correct. The world governments with the collusion of satan himself has managed to perpetrate the largest mind-washing and conspiracy ever known to man.

2. The earth is not flat. It's a "globe." We revolve around the sun along with the other planets. The Bible is wrong.

3. The Qur'an is right and if I still believe in Almighty God (which I do) then I'd better get to converting! :shok:

4. Drop religion all together and take the "ancient alien" route like the Sumerians. We are beings made in the image and likeness of these aliens and they are here today and will be revealing themselves again as the gods of old in which case we are all screwed. Let's hope we get to exist in some sort of afterlife together....

:dirol:

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:55 pm 

(snippet) Article is referenced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

Myth of the Flat Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the modern myth that medieval Europeans believed the Earth was flat. For mythologies involving the belief in a Flat Earth, see Flat Earth.

The myth of the Flat Earth is the modern misconception that the prevailing cosmological view during the Middle Ages saw the Earth as flat, instead of spherical.[1]

During the early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. From at least the 14th century, belief in a flat Earth among the educated was almost nonexistent, despite fanciful depictions in art, such as the exterior of Hieronymus Bosch's famous triptych The Garden of Earthly Delights, in which a disc-shaped Earth is shown floating inside a transparent sphere.[2]

According to Stephen Jay Gould, "there never was a period of 'flat earth darkness' among scholars (regardless of how the public at large may have conceptualized our planet both then and now). Greek knowledge of sphericity never faded, and all major medieval scholars accepted the Earth's roundness as an established fact of cosmology."[3] Historians of science David Lindberg and Ronald Numbers point out that "there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".[4]

Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat-earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over evolution.[5] Russell claims "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat", and credits histories by John William Draper, Andrew Dickson White, and Washington Irving for popularizing the flat-earth myth.[6]

History

In Inventing the Flat Earth: Columbus and Modern Historians, Jeffrey Russell describes the Flat Earth theory as a fable used to impugn pre-modern civilization and creationism.[7][8]

James Hannam wrote
:

The myth that people in the Middle Ages thought the earth is flat appears to date from the 17th century as part of the campaign by Protestants against Catholic teaching. But it gained currency in the 19th century, thanks to inaccurate histories such as John William Draper's History of the Conflict Between Religion and Science (1874) and Andrew Dickson White's A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom (1896). Atheists and agnostics championed the conflict thesis for their own purposes, but historical research gradually demonstrated that Draper and White had propagated more fantasy than fact in their efforts to prove that science and religion are locked in eternal conflict.[9]

Early modern period

French dramatist Cyrano de Bergerac in chapter 5 of his The Other World The Societies and Governments of the Moon (published 2 years posthumously in 1657) quotes St. Augustine as saying "that in his day and age the earth was as flat as a stove lid and that it floated on water like half of a sliced orange."[10] Robert Burton, in his The Anatomy of Melancholy[11] wrote:

Virgil, sometimes bishop of Saltburg (as Aventinus anno 745 relates) by Bonifacius bishop of Mentz was therefore called in question, because he held antipodes (which they made a doubt whether Christ died for) and so by that means took away the seat of hell, or so contracted it, that it could bear no proportion to heaven, and contradicted that opinion of Austin [St. Augustine], Basil, Lactantius that held the earth round as a trencher (whom Acosta and common experience more largely confute) but not as a ball.

Thus, there is evidence that accusations of flatearthism, though somewhat whimsical (Burton ends his digression with a legitimate quotation of St. Augustine: "Better doubt of things concealed, than to contend about uncertainties, where Abraham's bosom is, and hell fire"[11]) were used to discredit opposing authorities several centuries before the 19th. Another early mention in literature is Ludvig Holberg's comedy Erasmus Montanus (1723). Erasmus Montanus meets considerable opposition when he claims the Earth is round, since all the peasants hold it to be flat. He is not allowed to marry his fiancée until he cries "The earth is flat as a pancake". In Thomas Jefferson's book Notes on the State of Virginia (1784), framed as answers to a series of questions (queries), Jefferson uses the "Query" regarding religion to attack the idea of state-sponsored official religions. In the chapter, Jefferson relates a series of official erroneous beliefs about nature forced upon people by authority. One of these is the episode of Galileo's struggles with authority, which Jefferson erroneously frames in terms of the shape of the globe:[12]

Government is just as infallible too when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere: the government had declared it to be as flat as a trencher, and Galileo was obliged to abjure his error. This error however at length prevailed, the earth became a globe, and Descartes declared it was whirled round its axis by a vortex.

19th century

The 19th century was a period in which the perception of an antagonism between religion and science was especially strong. The disputes surrounding the Darwinian revolution contributed to the birth of the conflict thesis,[13] a view of history according to which any interaction between religion and science would almost inevitably lead to open hostility, with religion usually taking the part of the aggressor against new scientific ideas.[14]
Irving's biography of Columbus

In 1828, Washington Irving's highly romanticised biography, A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus,[15] was published and mistaken by many for a scholarly work.[16] In Book III, Chapter II of this biography, Irving gave a largely fictional account of the meetings of a commission established by the Spanish sovereigns to examine Columbus's proposals. One of his more fanciful embellishments was a highly unlikely tale that the more ignorant and bigoted members on the commission had raised scriptural objections to Columbus's assertions that the Earth was spherical.[17]

The issue in the 1490s was not the shape of the Earth, but its size, and the position of the east coast of Asia, as Irving in fact points out. Historical estimates from Ptolemy onwards placed the coast of Asia about 180° east of the Canary Islands.[18] Columbus adopted an earlier (and rejected) distance of 225°, added 28° (based on Marco Polo's travels), and then placed Japan another 30° further east. Starting from Cape St. Vincent in Portugal, Columbus made Eurasia stretch 283° to the east, leaving the Atlantic as only 77° wide. Since he planned to leave from the Canaries (9° further west), his trip to Japan would only have to cover 68° of longitude.[19]

Columbus mistakenly used a much shorter length for a degree (he substituted the shorter 1480 m Italian "mile" for the longer 2177 m Arabic "mile"), making his degree (and the circumference of the Earth) about 75 percent of what it really was.[20] The combined effect of these mistakes was that Columbus estimated the distance to Japan to be only about 5,000 km (or only to the eastern edge of the Caribbean) while the true figure is about 20,000 km. The Spanish scholars may not have known the exact distance to the east coast of Asia, but they believed that it was significantly further than Columbus' projection; and this was the basis of the criticism in Spain and Portugal, whether academic or amongst mariners, of the proposed voyage.

The disputed point was not the shape of the Earth, nor the idea that going west would eventually lead to Japan and China, but the ability of European ships to sail that far across open seas. The small ships of the day (Columbus' three ships varied between 20.5 and 23.5 m – or 67 to 77 feet – in length and carried about 90 men) simply could not carry enough food and water to reach Japan. The ships barely reached the eastern Caribbean islands. Already the crews were mutinous, not because of some fear of "sailing off the edge", but because they were running out of food and water with no chance of any new supplies within sailing distance. They were on the edge of starvation.[21] What saved Columbus was the unknown existence of the Americas precisely at the point he thought he would reach Japan. His ability to resupply with food and water from the Caribbean islands allowed him to return safely to Europe. Otherwise his crews would have died, and the ships foundered.
Advocates for Science

In 1834, a few years after the publication of Irving's book, Jean Antoine Letronne, a French academic of strong antireligious ideas, misrepresented the church fathers and their medieval successors as believing in a flat earth, in his On the Cosmographical Ideas of the Church Fathers.[22] Then, in 1837, the English philosopher of science William Whewell first identified, in his History of the Inductive Sciences, Lactantius (245–325, also mocked by Copernicus in De revolutionibus of 1543, as someone who speaks quite childishly about the Earth's shape, when he mocks those who declared that the Earth has the form of a globe) and the minimally significant Cosmas Indicopleustes, who wrote his "Christian Topography" in 547–549. Whewell pointed to them as evidence of a medieval belief in a Flat Earth, and other historians quickly followed him, although they could identify few other examples.[23]

After Whewell, the American chemist John William Draper wrote a History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (1874), employing the claim that the early Church fathers thought the earth was flat as evidence of the hostility of the Church to the advancement of science.[24] The story of widespread religious belief in the flat earth was repeated by Andrew Dickson White in his 1876 The Warfare of Science[25] and elaborated twenty years later in his two-volume History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom, which exaggerated the number and significance of medieval flat earthers to support White's model of warfare between dogmatic theology and scientific progress.[26] As Draper and White's metaphor of ongoing warfare between the scientific progress of the Enlightenment and the religious obscurantism of the "Dark Ages" became widely accepted, it spread the idea of medieval belief in the flat earth.[27]

The widely circulated engraving of a man poking his head through the firmament surrounding the Earth to view the Empyrean, executed in the style of the 16th century was published in Camille Flammarion's L'Atmosphère: Météorologie Populaire (Paris, 1888, p. 163).[28] The engraving illustrates the statement in the text that a medieval missionary claimed that "he reached the horizon where the Earth and the heavens met". In its original form, the engraving included a decorative border that places it in the 19th century; in later publications, some claiming that the engraving did, in fact, date to the 16th century, the border was removed. Flammarion, according to anecdotal evidence, had commissioned the Flammarion engraving himself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:01 pm 

Judith1 wrote:
(snippet) Article is referenced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

Myth of the Flat Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the modern myth that medieval Europeans believed the Earth was flat. For mythologies involving the belief in a Flat Earth, see Flat Earth.

None of this is relevant. You're not going back far enough....like Biblical times far enough.

Everyone knows the whole flat earth theory didn't start at this time frame or was prevalent. Most folks were up on the ball and solar system because of the MUSLIMS and earlier Greek studies.

None of this changes the fact that the prophets of old believed in a flat earth and God Himself per the Tanakh describe a flat earth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:08 pm 

Quote:
MountainRecluse wrote:
Vectorwoman wrote:

Who invented the recent "Flat Earth" idea? It was evolutionists poking fun at creationists.

I disagree:

http://etb-cosmology.blogspot.com/2012/ ... verse.html

So you base this on the opinions of a man who wrote, "Despite the obvious sincerity of those who so view the Bible, the inerrancy doctrine has no basis in fact. That the Bible contains mistakes in every area mentioned by Mr. Till is a truth widely recognized by reputable Bible scholars. One of the most consistent scientific errors that Bible writers made concerned their misconception of the earth's shape. In Psalm 24:2, for example, it was said that "the world and all that is in it belong to the Lord; the earth and all who live on it are his. He built it on the deep waters beneath the earth and laid its foundations in the ocean depths," (GNB). " He doesn't even provide sources for his info.

Quote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_early_Israelites_believes_that_the_Earth_is_flat

It is very obvious the ancient semitic races Hebrews and Arabs believed in a flat earth (Ironically until the advent of Islam).

No it is not clear at all. You are basing this on semantics in which you could be incorrect. You are tearing apart God's Word over phrases that can have several meaning and pinpointing on the incorrect meanings.
Do you not realize that the Islam is the most satanic anti-Christ religion there is; right?

Based on what? figure of speech? I use the phrase ever so often, "to the ends of the earth" but I do not mean the world is flat.

Quote:
I just don't buy it. It bothers me. The Qur'an literally explains the earth and solar system way better than the Bible. The Scriptures clearly talk about a flat earth. There is no changing my mind on this matter. I've studied it. I've studied the Hebrew. I've studied the history and beliefs of the ancient Hebrews/Israelite. Flat earth all the way. There were Hebrew words to describe "ball" or "sphere." Why choose "circle" in order to be purposefully non-specific? The ONLY reason the choice to use "circle" is because the prophets believed the earth was FLAT like a pancake! That's when "circle" MAKES SENSE. I know the ONE passage by Christ, the night/day but that doesn't imply even then a spherical earth. Look at a flat earth model and you still get half day/half night:
Remember, the sun is much closer and much smaller than what science tells us. See the video I already posted about FE'ers measurments and reasons for this theory...
Quote:

Ok then.

Quote:
So that leaves me with these options:

1. The earth IS flat. The sun and moon move around in the space above the earth but we do not revolve around the sun. The Bible is 100% correct. The world governments with the collusion of satan himself has managed to perpetrate the largest mind-washing and conspiracy ever known to man.

2. The earth is not flat. It's a "globe." We revolve around the sun along with the other planets. The Bible is wrong.

3. The Qur'an is right and if I still believe in Almighty God (which I do) then I'd better get to converting! :shok:

4. Drop religion all together and take the "ancient alien" route like the Sumerians. We are beings made in the image and likeness of these aliens and they are here today and will be revealing themselves again as the gods of old in which case we are all screwed. Let's hope we get to exist in some sort of afterlife together....

:dirol:

So; which of those options did you decide on?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:55 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:

So you base this on the opinions of a man who wrote......

No. I'm not basing my views on what other men say. I was just using them as examples. The bottom line, no matter what anyone else says, TO ME, I believe it's clear as day that the Biblical Scriptures teach a flat earth. I do not see a ball earth rotating around the sun in an orbit being represented at all.

That means for me to believe that the earth is currently a sphere orbiting the sun then I have to deal with the fact that either the Scriptures err or man has erred and deceived us all which is a pretty crazy pill to swallow. You see my predicament, right?

I know YOU and millions of believers worldwide can retrospectively pound in the round, modern view of creation into the square Scriptural peg hole....I'm not comfortable with that. I do not see a ball earth orbiting the sun per the Scriptures..... :dunno:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:29 pm 

Consistent Moon phases only work on a flat earth:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:29 pm 

is flat. So be it. We will just have to agree to disagree.

I guess I rather you come to that conclusion instead of concluding that the Bible is false.

Ha!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:02 pm 

Vectorwoman wrote:
is flat. So be it. We will just have to agree to disagree.

I guess I rather you come to that conclusion instead of concluding that the Bible is false.

Ha!

First off, that picture would be more accurate if it showed me landing on an ice shelf and just turning around.... :s_smile

Secondly....laugh it up. Do we take God's Word seriously or not? Here's some food for thought:

The sun worshippers who deny God, who thumb Him at every turn.....wouldn't it be just like them to convince us that the earth revolves around the SUN? That we are just some bum planet like any other orbiting a star? That man is just this animal and we will eventually leave earth to colonize Mars. We are gods. Just think about it....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 pm 

Wasn't it Galileo whom made the discoveries that the earth revolved around the sun? This went against the original Catholic teachings on the matter and he was eventually sentenced to house arrest till he died over it?

Oh an BTW; I wasn't trying to be mean by posting the ship pic. I was just trying to lighten the mood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm 

I think the Earth is actually shaped like an apple, and at the poles, the Earth sinks and falls in on itself the way an apple does to its core. The Earth, also, has its own core--a plasma black hole sun in the true, magnetic center. This magnetic center, I believe, is the dungeon of the heart of the earth, the place where the worst beings, the Titans, dwell. The ancients speak of Sheol, Gehenna, Abyss, Hades, Tartarus, and even the demon witch goddess of the Norse religion called Hel, the daughter of Loki, who is synonymous for the Greek Hades, the lord of the lower plane of the dead--INSIDE the Earth...why does the Bible, and other ancient texts speak of a central, cavernous, underground place below us if it does not exist? No, the Earth is not flat; it is a sphere, but it is almost like a figure eight in shape, pinching in on itself at the north and south poles...

In a literary circle consideration of all the ancient texts, any cursory glance at The Book of Enoch... the "golden age" of Watchers before the flood of Noah was an age of destructive, violent, demonic beings that were extinguished by the mercy and grace of YHWH's deluge... the vortex that sucked them all--the fallen ones--into the Abyss, and the jail cell of Tartarus... (2 Peter 2:4).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:20 am 

Vectorwoman wrote:
Wasn't it Galileo whom made the discoveries that the earth revolved around the sun? This went against the original Catholic teachings on the matter and he was eventually sentenced to house arrest till he died over it?

Sort of. Galileo was down with his Catholic friends. He had lots of supporters in the RCC alongside the few detractors. That story was overblown. He didn't get the house arrest over his theory but because he publicly slighted the pope/jesuits in a book. He was 68 at house arrest. He was never tortured or placed in chains. He lived in comfort and was allowed visitors. His theory was off what we have come to know today anyway. Yeah, still not cool but definitely not what we heard as kids:

Quote:
"Galileo's championing of heliocentrism was controversial within his lifetime, a time when most subscribed to either geocentrism or the Tychonic system.[9] He met with opposition from astronomers, who doubted heliocentrism due to the absence of an observed stellar parallax.[9] The matter was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, which concluded that heliocentrism was false and contrary to scripture, placing works advocating the Copernican system on the index of banned books and forbidding Galileo from advocating heliocentrism.[9][10] Galileo later defended his views in Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, which appeared to attack Pope Urban VIII, thus alienating not only the Pope but also the Jesuits, both of whom had supported Galileo up until this point.[9] He was tried by the Holy Office, then found "vehemently suspect of heresy", was forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.[11][12] It was while Galileo was under house arrest that he wrote one of his finest works, Two New Sciences, in which he summarised the work he had done some forty years earlier, on the two sciences now called kinematics and strength of materials.[13][14]"

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

And like I've said, the planets revolving around the sun came from the SUMERIANS (note they also have Pluto which there is no way they could have known unless told so and Nibiru from which their "sky gods" came from):

The Flat Earth and Ball Earth theories have been around together since recorded history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next