Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hebraic roots network
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm 

http://www.hebraicrootsnetwork.com/watch-live

The above link goes to the live telecast page, but just click the home icon to get the purpose of the website.

I'm really excited to find this!! Some of our favorite teachers will be hosted by this site.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 pm 

I am looking forward to checking this out Judy. I can't get it to come up yet, but I'll keep messing with it. (a combo of this computer & this internet, I am sure).

Post subject: `
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm 

I had a few issues at first, too. It just wouldn't stream steadily for me, kept buffering about every 5 seconds, and I just hate that!

I use Opera browser and I have the global setting to refuse all cookies, but I enabled cookies for that site only, and that helped some. Well, this morning when I got up and got ready to go online, I discovered we didn't have internet as the bill was over due.

So, they paid the bill and then the site loaded for me just fine after that. I'm thinking that this internet company messes with your bandwidth to get your attention when the bill needs to be paid.

I'm not sure about your internet company, but I wonder if giving them a call to see if they can open the channel for you a bit because you have so much trouble on line. Sometimes they can and will do that, and sometimes they can't. Sometimes there's a gadget you can buy that will improve reception, for example, depending on the type of service, there's a plugin for the electric outlets that uses the house wiring as an antenna, for example. There's another kind that magnifies wifi signals in the house so that your connection is stronger.

Here, we have cable tv, phone and internet. But the internet modem can't take all of our computers so she has a wifi modem that somehow connects to the cable modem. Then, we all just connect to the wifi modem. Ie when we turn our computers on, they automatically go online.

I know you've got a funny situation where you are, but maybe giving them a call and letting them know how bad your service is will yield a solution for a better connection.

Just a thot.

Depending on the situation, there could be a way to remedy it, but first you have to identify the actual problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:10 pm 

Thanks J. We have the little Verizon Mi-Fi box. No other cell phone service here, either. It is either that, or dial-up.
There is no cable service here. The verizon store told us we were to be 4g capable by Dec., but that hasn't happened. Supposedly a new tower was going up in our area. I will look into the idea of a wifi magnifier, great thought.