Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 am 

Here is a video series I found on this from a Jewish perspective:

This guy is preaching a sort of reincarnation as well... :s_dunno ...very interesting stuff though.

As some of you already know about me, I grew up in the Roman Catholic Church. My childhood was full of very strange and interesting things of the spiritual realm. I guess my question centers around exorcism. You can find exorcists in all three major Abrahamic faiths. Why? Why does it "work" in Judaism, Catholicism, Various other Christian denominations, Islam....why? One would think the only way to drive out a demon is through Yeshua specifically, no? Why does God allow this? Why does He allow different faiths to do such things? The NT kind of gives the impression that only a true "Christian" can cast out demons via the Holy Spirit and Christ. Doesn't this also imply that the Holy Spirit works in other religious faiths???

In regards to the afterlife and judgment.....do these above videos give credence to the RC doctrine of purgatory from a Jewish perspective?

SO many questions....so little time.

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:18 pm 

Like you, I was raised in HRC, and I departed from it as soon as I possibly could because I'd learned as a very young child that some teachings were out right false.

I too experienced some ''interesting'' things throughout my life of a spiritual nature, some of which I found disturbing.

In any event, I do believe in a spiritual realm which is very real, albiet different than the one we exist in, and that those worlds sometimes ''collide'', for lack of a better discription.

I also believe that because time is, in reality, timeless, and exists perhaps in layers (from our point of view) that those ''layers'' sometimes juxtapose themselves, becoming evident to other realms in some circumstances.

Maybe the other realm thinks YOU're the ghost and that they are the living ones and vice versa.

It's not like we can just jump into other realms and come back to tell about it. If and when something like that occurs, it's all too easy to chalk it up to a subjective experience in the mind of the one who experienced it.

It really IS kewl however, when you get to witness it!!

One thing I'd like to say for some who may read here, and who aren't especially knowlegeable about "Jewish'' things. Kabbalah is a 'science' about the workings of the spirit and the spirit realm, the 'deep' things of God. Some say it's a form of witchcraft, and some don't. Not all Jews are Kabbalists. There are many things regarding the bible which seem to be flavored by Kabbalah in both old and new testaments.

Like many things, there are kabbalistic religions that even the Kabbalist Jews renounce saying that the other one is a different religion, and they don't approve of it.

I don't know enough about it to make the distinction.

There are many things that the RCC borrowed from the Jews despite having renounced all things Jewish through out it's early days, but they also borrowed much from ancient pagan religions as was the tradition of Rome, to do.
Therefore, it's not surprising that they would borrow a doctrine of purgatory.

I personally prefer the KISS! method of things (Keep It Simple Stupid!). It's hard for me to keep on that narrow path, to allow my heart to be cleansed and molded according to YHVH's hands within me, to say and to do his will in my life, and in my dealings with others. For me, it's like hoeing a 17,000 mile rocky terrain, one chop at a time, and if I'm lucky I'll manage to clear all of a foot of ground in a day, and sometimes not even that. (talk about bread by the sweat of your brow!)

I say this because I don't think a person should overly dwell on Kabbalah, but instead concern one's self with the ''weightier matters of the law''.

If Kabbalah is true, and no doubt, some of it at least, is, I don't mean to minimize it's importance, but without Torah, it's over our heads anyway. Focus on Torah, the act of loving God and man first. Get that under one's belt.

In any event, it was a very interesting set of videos, and I enjoyed listening to them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:12 am 

MountainRecluse wrote:

This guy is preaching a sort of reincarnation as well... :s_dunno ...very interesting stuff though.

As some of you already know about me, I grew up in the Roman Catholic Church. My childhood was full of very strange and interesting things of the spiritual realm. I guess my question centers around exorcism. You can find exorcists in all three major Abrahamic faiths. Why? Why does it "work" in Judaism, Catholicism, Various other Christian denominations, Islam....why? One would think the only way to drive out a demon is through Yeshua specifically, no? Why does God allow this? Why does He allow different faiths to do such things? The NT kind of gives the impression that only a true "Christian" can cast out demons via the Holy Spirit and Christ. Doesn't this also imply that the Holy Spirit works in other religious faiths???

In regards to the afterlife and judgment.....do these above videos give credence to the RC doctrine of purgatory from a Jewish perspective?

SO many questions....so little time.

Good discussion you got going on here, Mountain. Thanks for posting these vids. I agree in part with the rabbi. Yes, Enoch and Metatron and Elijah and John the Baptist and the three entities on the mountain appearing transfigured with Yahshua, and the voice coming down from heaven; and what about Rebekkah being gathered with her ancestors?

And Revelations indicates that Death and Hades are both cast into the lake of fire, along with the Dragon, the Beast, and the False Prophet. Are these men or are they angels? Fallen watchers? The Greek pantheon discusses Zeus and Hades and their entourage ad nauseum, and Hades is mentioned far too many times in the "New Testament" to count as both a place of the dead, and an entity... even in Norse mythology is the witch goddess "Hel," who controls the underworld as the place of the damned.

I envision two planes, two dimensions when I "see" Lazarus carried away by the angels into Abraham's bosom--which I also envision is the same dimension where Rebekkah was carried unto her ancestors--the place called Paradise, where "we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses" who are in YHWH... Thus, as Enoch states, "he cometh with tens of thousands of his saints to render judgement upon the wicked..."

NOT to be confused with Hades, or the underworld of the damned who were wicked in this terrestrial life, and therefore suffer the torment of heat and anguish. That is why the text says that "he [the rich man] being in torments, looked up..." He was peering through that spiritual dimension through a casm of outer darkness, weeping and gnashing his teeth at the sight above him of poor Lazarus at peace and comforted in the bosom of Abraham... This was the place where Yahshua visited in Spirit, and even beyond that place, he went into Tartartus, "the heart of the earth," where the worst offenders of the fallen watchers of Noah's day reside, which is the Abyss, the place where Yahshua has the keys to unlock prisons of murderous gods... this is where he paraded himself to the fallen ones as the Conquerer of Sin and Death... and some he took out of those places as a train of resurrected witnesses to his mighty power, and who knows who they were or where they are now...