It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Know Your Siren Sounds
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 pm 

The one you never want to hear but don't forget it:

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:27 am 

Thanks MR.

One thing I wish that the sirens did include is an ''all clear'' sound.

One thing I do want to inform of..
Some places DO use the ''attack'' sound for tornados. The town I lived in before moving to where I am now, used it. I don't know why they did, only that they did.

On a humerous note, my dog was so well trained for the tornado siren, that he automatically went to the shelter area whenever he heard it. Sometimes he went there before they sent it off lol!
Well, we moved to a different place that didn't have any siren, and I happened to be watching the movie Twister. The siren went off and the dog jumped up and looked all around, and looked at me with question marks all over his face as if to ask, ''where's the shelter, Mom?"

Anyway, thanks for putting up the sounds. I wouldn't have known any better the difference between the tornado sound and the attack sound because I'm accustomed to both. The town I live in right now uses the tornado sound, not the attack sound like my other town did.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 pm 

Judith wrote:
Some places DO use the ''attack'' sound for tornados. The town I lived in before moving to where I am now, used it. I don't know why they did, only that they did.

Yeah, unfortunately, many places utilize the "attack" siren for other emergencies and such which they really SHOULDN'T be doing....my opinion. I don't know enough about emergency services if it's even allowed to be used for something else or if not and it's just plain ignorance.

Somehow ended up at these vids and thought I would post them...haha.

Reminded me of our NBC training in the Marines. If you see the flash (on the battlefield) immediately shield your eyes and dive away from the blast with your feet towards the blast, face down with one arm covering your helmet and head, and body on top of your rifle. This way afterwards, presuming you weren't immediately vaporized, you can continue to kill as many enemies as possible while your skin is falling off and you inevitably die minutes later....lol

~ Matthew 7:22-23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 pm 

Atomic battlefield death sounds fast...a quick way home. Better than weeks of radiation poisoning :(

Every spring when I find myself crouched in my bathtub with my dog, while those sirens are blasting away, my biggest fear isn't dying, it's surviving severe injury and the resulting mental trauma that inevitibly happens. Hearing those horns wailing away certainly leaves one with the feeling of being in a nuclear war zone..you wait for the debri to begin to clink away at the building, followed by the ear splitting pressure blast of the tornado itself. ugggg....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:52 pm 

I learnt today that the words CUPID and COVET have the same root source, both translated "lust." I learnt that that Romish system of the dragon controls the world to this day, Vatican, Jesuits, Fed, Rothschilds, modern banking system, military industrial complex...

What the hell did I wake up to?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 am 

MountainRecluse wrote:
This way afterwards, presuming you weren't immediately vaporized, you can continue to kill as many enemies as possible while your skin is falling off and you inevitably die minutes later....lol

Lol. That cracked me up.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 pm 

I spilled my coffee laughing at that one too, Toshav lol!

It IS scary when you have to confront the reality of it though. Well, it is for me, anyway.

Remember back a few years when the USS Cole was bombed? Well, it put the military at a high state of alert over seas. Not realizing that the alert was for overseas, I thought CONUS was on high alert, too. I was up all night online reading and learning so around 6:30am I decided to finally go to bed. I peeled off all the clothes and crawled in, flip flopped the pillows a few times till I got comfortable enough to sleep, and off I dozed. Within a few minutes of finally dozing off to a nice sleep, I was rudely awaked by the sudden blast of the sirens going off. They weren't very far a way so they were loud. I flew out of my bed and began to pray as I stood exposed in my bedroom. I didn't think it was for tornados since it was so sunny and bright out there, all the birds were singing, so it just HAD to be a bomb attack..in my mind. And I imagined myself dead and draped over some fence line (I lived in cow country) and I began to laugh at myself. Kicking on the radio the announcer was appologizing for the unexpected siren alert. They'd been working on the horns and inadvertently set one off...

But thinking we were under high alert, that horn going off scared the breath right out of me. It took a bit for the adrenaline to subside enough so I could go back to sleep.

There for a while I had a tornado warning siren sound as my phone ring tone. I had a crappy phone, and it was the only one loud enough for me to actually hear. Well, the son of my roomate served in the middle east, and he just could not stand the sound of that ringtone! That poor kid would go white, break out in a sweat and start shaking...ptsd..had to change the ring tone.

Yep, one sure can get some interesting visuals from this topic lol!