Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 am 

Israeli Professor: Our Problem is With Paul, Not Jesus

Friday, February 07, 2014 | Israel Today Staff

In a recent article for Israel's Ma'ariv daily newspaper, a renowned Israeli-born professor of Talmud, Admiel Kosman, explained that mainstream Judaism doesn't so much have a problem with Jesus as it does with the teachings of the Apostle Paul.

Exploring the early history of the Church, Kosman asserted that Paul intentionally worked to undo the Jewish character of the early community of believers to pave the way for Christianity to become its own religion.

"It is Paul who founded Christianity, and not Jesus," he wrote.

The professor pointed out that even in the pages of the New Testament, the rest of the early church leadership was opposed to Paul moving in a non-Jewish direction, and believed that anyone wanting to follow the Jewish Messiah needed to join the Jewish faith.

According to Kosman, Paul wasn't a true follower of Jesus, but rather used the platform provided by Jesus to advance his own teachings. That being the case, Kosman concluded that Jesus, himself a law-abiding Jew, would not have been pleased with Paul's activities.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24421/Default.aspx

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 am 

I think Paul was promoting the ''two-stick" msg. And, I think Paul was promoting the difference between the heart and the flesh.

It seems that once I grasped those two concepts, his msg. became rich.

Paul seems to have sought to re-introduce the newly reinstated northern kingdoms into the ways of Yah, gradually, utilizing only the basics to begin with.

However, if you view his words through the eyes of christianity, it's a warped msg.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:43 pm 

Did Kosman actually read what Paul says here?:

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets

...seems to me like Paul is promoting SOME form of first century Judaism--or whatever you want to call it from that time...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm 

So it's Paul that keeps them from accepting Yeshua.

:wink:

Asher hayah v'hoveh v'yavo!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:31 pm 

That's because they're trying to reconcile the christian view :( and it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm 

Judith wrote:
That's because they're trying to reconcile the christian view :( and it doesn't work.

Or maybe because Paul kept poking with this stick...

Romans 11:8

------------------

Isa_29:10
slumber: or, remorse
eyes: Deu_29:4; Isa_6:9; Jer_5:21; Eze_12:2; Mar_4:11-12; Luk_8:10; Act_28:26
unto this day: 2Ki_17:34, 2Ki_17:41; 2Co_3:14-15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:01 pm 

The way I see it, Jews refuse to accept Jesus as their personal savior and lord because, culturally, they have always disapproved of bowing down and worshiping that thing which represents the abomination; and yay! zeus churchianity represents the very form and function of the pagans, who once shoved it right in their faces in 165 b.c. by the wicked Antiochus Epiphanes, who raped Jerusalem at their very temple, erecting a statue of Zeus, complete with swine's flesh sacrificed upon their sacred altar, after the murders of untold numbers of Jewish priests...

December 25. I did not make this up; it's in the Encyclopedia!

If Christians want to understand why Jews refuse Jesus as a divine being, it is because of events such as these. If Jews would understand the man Rabbi Yahshua, he is the Ruach of YHWH come in a fleshly body to prophesy of the coming end of the age and imminent day of judgement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:36 pm 

temu wrote:
Judith wrote:

------------------

good one!
he should have poked a little harder with this one:
Rom 11:21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:58 pm 

Judith wrote:
temu wrote:
Judith wrote:

------------------

good one!
he should have poked a little harder with this one:
Rom 11:21

Ha, ha! That's one the churchians should maybe read a few times!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:08 am 

Toshav wrote:
................. mainstream Judaism doesn't so much have a problem with Jesus as it does with the teachings of the Apostle Paul.

Yeah, that's a silly statement to make. Really? What in the world does Judaism do with this?:

John 8

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 5

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

I agree that Paul is one hard sell sometimes. But you can't deny the very words of Christ Himself.....

~ Matthew 7:22-23