Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Torah Calendar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:14 pm 

Someone on TOL mentioned this site and I thought it would be worth posting:

http://www.torahcalendar.com

I've done a quick scan and there's a lot to chew on. Some information I *at present* disagree with, A LOT is right on the mark, some information I will need to read more thoroughly and let simmer for a while.

The website author believes we are at year 5999.

-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Pslam 119:11 --

Post subject: Re: Torah Calendar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:37 pm 

Once upon a time, several years ago I was talking to a Jewish friend of mine, and I asked him when the Jubilee years were, because I suspected then that Y'shuah would probably be back on a Jubilee year.

He told me that there is roughly a 200 year or so error in the calendar. I forgot now why the error exists, but anyway he said that's why they don't know exactly when Sabbath years and Jubilee years are.

It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out though using a computer for the difficult math etc and finding a known Sabbath year and a known Jubilee year, then calculating forward and backward with adjustments in leap years between our current calendar and the old Jewish ones.

And if the answers are in the stars/sky, then what would we expect to see during sabbath years, and Jubilee years?

I've searched a coupla websites containing information regarding sabbath's/jubilees and one in particular (do i even still have the link?? :o ) showed how they came to their conclusions complete with graphs et al. The bottom line is that Tishri 1 this year should begin the new Sabbath which ends on the same, next year.

I'm really psyched on the idea that this sabbath is a blood moon year, too.

But, one of the places I looked at suggested that 2017 is a Jubilee year so that doesn't mesh with this sabbath cycle..I dunno..I better go look some more.

Alternately, Jonathan Kahn who wrote the Harbinger and Isaiah9 stuff, suggestst that the last sabbath was in 2007 and that there were events which occured that made the financial crash in 2008 something special, and to expect another. Well, if his figures are correct, we look down the neck at the next sabbath and what do we see?? HUGE warnings of another impending crash, which is eminent..it's all over the papers. Kahn said to expect another during the next sabbath year.

Are his insights and prophecies correct? I figure..time will tell. And here we are. Big financial dudes are commiting suicide rather than face the music...

If this man is being shown by God, thru the word, the events which are upon us, then what? So, I'm watching and listening to the harbinger repeatedly to get a better grasp of what's going on.

He may well be onto something.

You can search the harbinger a youtube. And the presidential breakfast speech too..that was awesome as well. He spoke right to zero's face!

I have to say he's one of the rare ones who says what he says, BEFORE the events.

I mention all that to say this..if Kahn is correct, it may help you decide if the calendar at the link is accurate. This may be a topic that needs a bit more research.

In the meantime, thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 pm 

Here you go, Harbinger 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 pm 

Toshav wrote:
Someone on TOL mentioned this site and I thought it would be worth posting:

http://www.torahcalendar.com

I've done a quick scan and there's a lot to chew on. Some information I *at present* disagree with, A LOT is right on the mark, some information I will need to read more thoroughly and let simmer for a while.

The website author believes we are at year 5999.

Thank you for reposting this. Shabbat Shalom.