Joyfully Growing in Grace and Torah

Growing in Him
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:33 pm 

Can anyone see the video I jist posted of my birds. My computer is giving me trouble and I am ready to scream.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 am 

Nope. First post has "my little piece of heaven" with nothing else; second post has nothing in there...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Nope. First post has "my little piece of heaven" with nothing else; second post has nothing in there...

Thanks

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/3Dcrazy7/media/006_zps3a137cce.mp4.html

Ok there it is old school. My computer is giving me trouble. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 am 

That'll work. :)

Hehe... you are a blessed woman, Vector. Hilarious! :D How many total birds you got?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
That'll work. :)

Hehe... you are a blessed woman, Vector. Hilarious! :D How many total birds you got?

I am not sure. LOL They won't stay still long enough to count them. I know I have around a dozen hen (not including from last summer's chicks. I have Mini the rooster and pretty sure one of the chicks is a rooster. I have one female and one male goose, I have a couple of drake sucks and 4 hen ducks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:20 am 

Wow! Fancy operation you got there, Vector. :) Been thinking about getting a pair of ducks...my daughter keeps bugging me for some. My numbers have been dwindling since two springs ago, but my freezer's getting full! ;) I started with a dozen Dark Cornish Bantams, one dozen Reds, six Barred Rocks, six French Marans, and some mutts we inherited. They are a fun bunch of birds, but they do a doozey on my back garden. I need to get more land! :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:58 pm 

Texas Jon wrote:
Wow! Fancy operation you got there, Vector. :) Been thinking about getting a pair of ducks...my daughter keeps bugging me for some. My numbers have been dwindling since two springs ago, but my freezer's getting full! ;) I started with a dozen Dark Cornish Bantams, one dozen Reds, six Barred Rocks, six French Marans, and some mutts we inherited. They are a fun bunch of birds, but they do a doozey on my back garden. I need to get more land! :(

We started out converting an old playhouse that Alan built for his kids whom are now grown.

Then I wanted a duckhouse, so a friend gave me the dog house that is by the feed cans. It is all metal though w/ no insulation, so not good for the winter, but works good for the chicken when it real cold during the day. They go in it to get off of the ice.

A friend then gave us the huge dog house that has the hole in the fence where the door is. This thing is monstrous for a dog house and is well insulate. We added nesting boxes. The ducks would not go in it. LOL The chickens do in the day when it is real cold.

I plan on putting a door on it and training future young ducks to go in it.

The ducks like one of the built in cages Alan built under the nesting boxes in the large coop.

Next Spring I want to do some painting and make the whole thing look like a little town area. LOL

We expanded the yard w/ picket fences, that where at my parent's home that I inherited. My renter took them down and added a nicer fence. (He is an awesome handy man.

In the warm months I leave the gates open during the day and they all free range. They are spoiled birds for sure.